MisaTange

Name Check Thread

Also, I really want to name a dragon 'Repugnant' (which is free) but it won't let me. I can't see what's wrong with it though. Why won't it let me name my dragon?

I did a search, too, for Repugnant, and couldn't find a dragon. I just tried to name my dragon that, and it was fine, so you should be okay (I renamed my dragon, I just did that to check).

Spirit_, I'm on the fence about that name. The two words separately (drug and cartel) are appropriate names, but I'm just not comfortable with it.

I have a name in mind, a colloquial term used for night outs on certain days of the week - is it fine if said term has the word 'arse' in it?

@ below: PM'd. ^^

Edited by Varekis

Varekis, could you be more specific? You can PM me if you don't want to post it.

I did a search, too, for Repugnant, and couldn't find a dragon. I just tried to name my dragon that, and it was fine, so you should be okay (I renamed my dragon, I just did that to check).

Spirit_, I'm on the fence about that name. The two words separately (drug and cartel) are appropriate names, but I'm just not comfortable with it.

Strange, it works for me now too. Thankfully nobody took it xd.png

Sadly, someone else got the same idea named their hellfire dragon 'PMS' because I was worried about taking it in case it was inappropriate D: D: D: At least I was lucky with repugnant.

I had the idea of naming my purple dragons after things to do with reproduction and reproductive organs (after their BSA fertility) and I have Procreate, Ovary, Reproduce, etc. The only one I'm a little worried about is 'Prostate'. I went ahead and named in case someone else took the name first (like with PMS) but I'd still like to check if it's okay.

Can you give your dragons names involving 'modern' things even though it is based in a medieval time? E.g. names involving words like laptop,soda,jet plane, ipod, you get the idea? Also, could you name your dragons based on characters from books or movies?

Can you give your dragons names involving 'modern' things even though it is based in a medieval time? E.g. names involving words like laptop,soda,jet plane, ipod, you get the idea? Also, could you name your dragons based on characters from books or movies?

Yup, you can do all of those things. ^^

Name of dragon: Lyr Tit'n'Tat

Link of dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CbVe

I named my split thinking it'd be a clever play on "tit for tat" and only belatedly remembered that the first part could refer to anatomy blink.gif

Is the name ok, or should I change it?

Is the name "I was the one who bled and bled" Okay? I named it thinking of a ghost who was saying how it died.

Is the name "I was the one who bled and bled" Okay? I named it thinking of a ghost who was saying how it died.

I think that that name is fine. smile.gif

I sure hope Ass is okay since it's an animal

I named my horse dragon that before! Deleted it though because I thought it might be a little TOO inappropriate but apprently not tongue.gif

I'd like to ask again because it's been quite a while and nobody's answered. From last page...

"I had the idea of naming my purple dragons after things to do with reproduction and reproductive organs (after their BSA fertility) and I have Procreate, Ovary, Reproduce, etc. The only one I'm a little worried about is 'Prostate'. I went ahead and named in case someone else took the name first (like with PMS) but I'd still like to check if it's okay."

I sure hope Ass is okay since it's an animal

I wasn't allowed to use it in my Great Hellfire confrontation - although I wasn't using it for its animal-descriptive use. Just so you know. Not trying to start something here.

Name of dragon: Lyr Tit'n'Tat

Link of dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/CbVe

I named my split thinking it'd be a clever play on "tit for tat" and only belatedly remembered that the first part could refer to anatomy blink.gif

Is the name ok, or should I change it?

Tit for tat is what came to my mind first. I think the name is fine. :3

I just got the name Seductive...

I hope its okay?

Not trying for any sex imagery, its because my gold tinsel isnt producing ANYTHING with all 5 of my cb female ices, for the past 4 months, and I finally got another female ice and gave it that name, haha. (The tinsel's name is Infertile)

I just got the name Seductive...

I hope its okay?

Not trying for any sex imagery, its because my gold tinsel isnt producing ANYTHING with all 5 of my cb female ices, for the past 4 months, and I finally got another female ice and gave it that name, haha. (The tinsel's name is Infertile)

Jealous of that name.

Personally I think it's fine. Plus I've seen a lot of dragons with 'Seductive' or 'Sexy' in their names and they're all lax with their long progeny lists. :3

Just curious...

If these "swear words" are not always allowed, such as censorkip.gif, then...Why is there a PRIZE silver? I think...Tinsel with the code censorkip.gif??? Was that just like a...coincidence? I mean goodness...just saying.

~Censor evasion removed; the dragon in question is the "f-bomb" prize~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Because, normally, codes are randomly generated and so it's not the same as purposely calling your dragon a curseword. Contest winners had the option of choosing their codes. TJ did allow that code, meaning he doesn't find codes inappropriate. However, purposefully naming your dragons something you know is bad is a different story.

~

Yes, Seductive and Cocaine Blues is fine. :3

I named a dragon (starts with a B and rhymes with custard) couple weeks ago. >>;; Not that I'm cursing the dragon or anything. It's just. Dx -collects words- Could I keep it or is a change an absolute must?

Edited by sparkdragon

That name should be changed. It is one censored on the forum, if you want to use that as a sort of guide to judge by.