TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

If you're curious too, drag a swallowtail sprite over another image in a paint program. smile.gif I know some people did it for star-fields earlier, but they work with different pictures too. :>

I thought I had a nice idea for a background for the female, but it doesn't work for me. Is there a specific format the sprite should be saved as, or the background should be in, for this to work?

I work in Photoshop, so I can't imagine it is the program that can't do it?

I thought I had a nice idea for a background for the female, but it doesn't work for me. Is there a specific format the sprite should be saved as, or the background should be in, for this to work?

Yes, I have been trying this too - what format retains the transparency ?

I remember seeing a two tailed dragon on the completed list, but it must have been the Two-Tailed Arctic that I remembered! lol Now I'm hoping that the Chubby dragon becomes reality eventually...First Fuzzy...next, Fat? xd.png

Actually there is the arctic double-tail and the regular double-tailed that is green. :3

And they still are on the completed list and have a totally different concept.

Well both my pillows have gendered male. Abit gutted, will have to collect anther egg and hope it goes female. I cant influence yet, as I have no female pinks, they keep going male too.

Quick question: Have the rarities of the pillows and swallowtails been determined yet? Like, how hard will it be to find them in the cave? I'm pretty sure the main release has already finished. tongue.gif

Dunno about the rarity, I believe they should be common. And mass drops only last for 1 day, but in the next 2 days after the drop started the cave still drops a fair amount of them.

I used gimp to create my new avatar smile.gif It really came out well, better than I thought.

It has to be SAVED and then opened (not copied), and a .png for it to work.

Dunno about the rarity, I believe they should be common. And mass drops only last for 1 day, but in the next 2 days after the drop started the cave still drops a fair amount of them.

Ah okay, thanks! smile.gif

It has to be SAVED and then opened (not copied), and a .png for it to work.

Thanks ! Off to try that !

ETA tried - nope. Wings is solid sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Thanks ! Off to try that !

ETA tried - nope. Wings is solid sad.gif

Works perfectly for me, though I use gimp...

Save as a .png, and the wings stay transparent.

Yes, that is what I did, but nothing.

Apparently Photoshop doesn't like transparent wings, because The Gimp did it:

user posted image

Beautiful, isn't it?

While I love the new releases, as soon as got my one new egg the day after their release, the AP became blocked. With, of course, black eggs. Now it'll take almost a week before I can try to get the new eggs. :\

But thanks anyways, TJ.

Yeah, I was sorry to see the cave blocked with solid blacks as well...so much for my big plans to collect CB blacks...and more new eggs. If the excessive breeding for black stripes keeps up, noone will be able to snag more of the new dragons. >.<

OMG I keep on trying Swallows' sprites on other images! Even on other dragons' sprites! xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

Somebody stop me!

I just had a few quail eggs and realised they bear an uncanny resemblance to the Pillow Dragon eggs, lol. DragonCave is blurring the line with reality in my life

Congratulations to all the artists involved in this release, because these are fantastic. Excellent art throughout, and great designs!

OMG I keep on trying Swallows' sprites on other images! Even on other dragons' sprites! xd.pngxd.pngxd.png

Somebody stop me!

Try them on the night sky. You'll never go back.

Yes, that is what I did, but nothing.

Apparently Photoshop doesn't like transparent wings, because The Gimp did it:

user posted image

Beautiful, isn't it?

WOW. I might even download gimp. Unless Paintshop works....

Never mind Gimp. Inkscape does... Having MAJOR fun now.. They look great on brilliant snow scenes with lots of little black tree branches... I may be gone for a long long time...

Edited by fuzzbucket

Both of my swallowtails gendered male. Froze one,now i gotta go hunt for another thin shelled egg. -.-

I love the adults! They're all so gorgeous. Mine finally hatched and I can't wait for them to grow up.