TJ09

2011-03-16 - New Eggs

In a little over 4 hours, I'll have two adult pillows and 1 adult swallowtail.

But they aren't Smurfs? blink.gif

*pokes her hatchies* Grow up already! (I didn't incubate.. dry.gif )

I managed a black stripe on my second attempt when my stripe pair was able to breed. They're pretty!

But they aren't Smurfs?  blink.gif

*pokes her hatchies* Grow up already! (I didn't incubate.. dry.gif )

I managed a black stripe on my second attempt when my stripe pair was able to breed. They're pretty!

They'll be pillow and swallowtail smurfs later - I sometimes don't use the smurf suffix if I get the "cute"/good names first. smile.gif

I'll be unlocked late tonight to try to catch more or breed if catching is unsuccessful.

Edited by rubyshoes

How is that possible? Even the earliest dropped should still be several hours over 4 d, no?

How is that possible? Even the earliest dropped should still be several hours over 4 d, no?

I caught 4 during the first 5 minute drop and used incubate. I have 3 that will be adults just a few minutes past midnight and another that will be adult a couple of hours later (I fogged it to not hatch and lock me up until I'd caught more eggs or it would also grow up a bit past midnight.).

They are so CUTE! OH MAI GOSHA! haha, I'm waiting mah Swallowtail get a gen, then to influence my new eggie, to have a cute CB couple than abadon their kids to ppl that don't have!

blink.gif i really need to start keeping up with the news feed more often...i just saw this yesterday and haven't snatched an egg yet. also, does someone know what's so special about these eggs exactly? thanks

blink.gif i really need to start keeping up with the news feed more often...i just saw this yesterday and haven't snatched an egg yet. also, does someone know what's so special about these eggs exactly? thanks

Special? Not really anything besides that the Swallowtails are the first transparent sprite I believe. But new releases are always exciting biggrin.gif

The "more then meets the eye" thing in the OP referred to the black-stripes. They weren't announced and weren't in the post until users started getting them.

Still don't have a pillow. I've offered to trade for one, 'cause I can always breed more black-stripes, but I can't seem to snatch a pillow.

They are soooo freakin' cute!

LOL i'm just moving the swallow all around my desktop... can't wait to try it in a paint program with more images... Does paint work? Cause i only have photoshop...I don't even remeber if paint can open multiple files ...:S never mind it can't sad.gif

Edited by geminia

ONLY a program that supports transparency SUCH as Photoshop or GIMP will work.

it's still solid in photoshop

Use Imageready to save in transparent PNG-24 then open it in photoshop. I did it and worked.

Still think pillows look like sheep. X3

Well, you can make sweaters with their fur, so.... tongue.gif

I've managed to get two pillows (influenced one to be female and one male), two swallowtails (influenced one to be female and one male), and three black stripes (influenced one to be female and one male, but let the third one be whatever it is going to be).

Special? Not really anything besides that the Swallowtails are the first transparent sprite I believe. But new releases are always exciting biggrin.gif

thanks for the update there smile.gif i just tried it in pixlr, and i think it works, but idk what its really supposed to look like

thanks for the update there smile.gif i just tried it in pixlr, and i think it works, but idk what its really supposed to look like

Well, putting them against different backgrounds will make it easier to tell what's different. If you dig through the thread you'll find some examples.

Oh woe is me

I cannot seem

To get myself an eggie

I seem to get

The old ones now

You think it's me, just maybe?

Me thinks I need

The magic skill

Of good ol' Mr. Neggie (Negima)

I sit and wait

Most hourly

To see new eggs appear-er

I click and click

As fast may be

But the darn eggs disappear-er

I want the new

Indeed I do

But others find them dearer....

My scroll was lock'd

The first day out

As well the second, too

And finally

My hatchies grew

I was free to eggs pursue

This third day now

I've tried and tried

Oh what, oh what to do?

sigh.... sad.gif

sorry about that... I got frustrated and decided to write a poem....

Edited by Husky51

Just got home, and have to say, I really admire the sprites (S1 through Adult!) of the swallowtails. The fluffies are cute and unusual, but I might have to collect an army of the swallows.

Beautiful job, all spriters!

I still don't get what's "more that meets the eye?"

And that's so cool! Transparent sprites!! It's just the wing membranes though... They should make all sprites like that but it must take a lot of work... But with the right program, maybe not... xd.png

And so far, I only got one black stripe! HERE PILLOW-PILLOW-PILLOW!