Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

<.<

>.>

It doesn't matter if it's legit or not, I didn't really care, it's a shiny. x_X And augh my regular Thundurus simply refuses to be caught x_X I need a Golbat with mean Look. /goes to hunt one down

This whole hacked and legit argument now has me wondering...

What's everyone's stance on what counts as legit and what counts as hacked?

For example, as long has you didn't do any stat, move or ability hacking, I don't honestly care what you did on your Pokemon game or what pokemon I'm getting. Shiny Moltres caught in another place then where it's supposed to be found? Hatched a Shaymin from an egg? Hacked a bajillion masterballs so you wouldn't have to deal with having to slowly whittle down the HP of a particular pokemon so you can get the right one? I don't mind. I just wanna battle you.

Just as long as like...you know...you don't have a Spiritomb with 999 in all stats and wonder guard cause that's just cheap and wrong sleep.gif

Mmm. Legit counts to me as anything that was not hacked in regards to moves/ability/stats. I have no problem with hacked shinies or Pokemon that you had to hack the game to get (like I had to hack my game for Shaymin and Arceus because I missed all the events :<). I don't care where the Pokemon was caught or what level it was caught at as long as it has a normal ability, normal stats and a normal moveset. I don't mind if the Pokemon is a clone of an original.

Actually, Thundurus and Tornadus can be SRd for as a shiny(someone on smogon tested it, and they CAN be SRd for). They are not set when you start the game, they are set after you leave the house that the lady is in.

I also have a shiny Mesprit and shiny Cresselia in D/P/Pt, so it is possible to SR for a shiny roamer. Roamers shinyness is set when you release them, not at the beginning of the game.

But otherwise, you're arguing (gasp! ANGER?) the semantics of Alpha's opinion on the matter. They believe it's hacked... does it really need discussion? Just let it go...

I'm sorry. I was merely pointing out the flaw in their statement, obviously hacked.

I only have one point in all my posts. All the other stuff can be ignored. It is NOT OBVIOUSLY hacked. This doesn't mean I'm saying it is definitely legit. There is that big possibility that it's hack, but it's not OBVIOUSLY hacked.

My point plain and simple. There are no hidden meanings. This^ is it. Any other meaning is false. As long as it is understood (I'm hoping it is as it seems to be but...) I can drop this.

Edited by crazywargod

If the shiny thunder dude isn't hacked, it probably has terrible IVs and nature... like the one time I put an untouched Lugia up for trade for any Lugia and got an untouched shiny Lugia with awful IVs and one of the worst natures possible for a competitive Lugia

Mmm. Legit counts to me as anything that was not hacked in regards to moves/ability/stats. I have no problem with hacked shinies or Pokemon that you had to hack the game to get (like I had to hack my game for Shaymin and Arceus because I missed all the events :<). I don't care where the Pokemon was caught or what level it was caught at as long as it has a normal ability, normal stats and a normal moveset. I don't mind if the Pokemon is a clone of an original.

Well, the reason why I had responded was because you were like, "OMFG! Shiny Thundurus!" I wasn't trying to burst your bubble or anything, but there's hacks on there.

And augh my regular Thundurus simply refuses to be caught x_X

Where was your master ball?

Actually, Thundurus and Tornadus can be SRd for as a shiny(someone on smogon tested it, and they CAN be SRd for). They are not set when you start the game, they are set after you leave the house that the lady is in.

I didn't try that, but I'd take your word for it. I'm surprised I didn't notice that could have been a set point.

Even so, SR'ing for it would be painfully annoying and boring as your time spent is considerably longer than an SR for starters/non-roaming legendaries.

I'm sorry. I was merely pointing out the flaw in their statement, obviously hacked.

There is no flaw. It seems obvious enough to me. It's a dogmatic word. *shrugs*

Well, the reason why I had responded was because you were like, "OMFG! Shiny Thundurus!" I wasn't trying to burst your bubble or anything, but there's hacks on there.

Where was your master ball?

I didn't try that, but I'd take your word for it. I'm surprised I didn't notice that could have been a set point.

Even so, SR'ing for it would be painfully annoying and boring as your time spent is considerably longer than an SR for starters/non-roaming legendaries.

There is no flaw. It seems obvious enough to me. It's a dogmatic word. *shrugs*

The flaw is the word obviously. It is not obviously hacked. It is likely to be hacked but it isn't obviously hacked. It may seem obvious to you but, I'm sorry, you're wrong.

But wait, I thought GTS prevented hacks from going through? It wouldn't even let me trade hacks from third gen games... >> /sadface

Since it's a hack from the current games, wouldn't GTS totally pick up on that?

The flaw is the word obviously. It is not obviously hacked. It is likely to be hacked but it isn't obviously hacked. It may seem obvious to you but, I'm sorry, you're wrong.

Are you good at statistics? What do you think the statistical probability is?

But wait, I thought GTS prevented hacks from going through? It wouldn't even let me trade hacks from third gen games... >> /sadface

Since it's a hack from the current games, wouldn't GTS totally pick up on that?

It has a weak hack protector.

*Cough* Alpha, I think all crazy is trying to point out to you that the use of the word "obviously" doesn't fit all to well with the situation. if it was obvious, there would be little to no doubt that it was hacked.

But, it is possible for people to trade off legit shinies before for random things. I did that with one of my shinies that I didn't want, because I thought it was ugly |D So maybe the the word "obviously" wasn't the best choice.

That's all the argument was about, I believe. Nothing to do with statistical data~

Weak hack protector? How so?

I hate to jump into the argument, but "obviously" leaves no room for errors. It means that it is definitely, in this case, hacked, and not just that, but it is plain to see it is hacked. While this might not have been your view, it is the word you used. If there is any possibility that it wasn't hacked and you recognized it, you are using the wrong word, and that has caused confusion.

Sorry about me going into semantics xd.png.

*Cough* Alpha, I think all crazy is trying to point out to you that the use of the word "obviously" doesn't fit all to well with the situation. if it was obvious, there would be little to no doubt that it was hacked.

But, it is possible for people to trade off legit shinies before for random things. I did that with one of my shinies that I didn't want, because I thought it was ugly |D So maybe the the word "obviously" wasn't the best choice.

That's all the argument was about, I believe. Nothing to do with statistical data~

Weak hack protector? How so?

Okay, but did you also level it to 100 on Black/White's system?

And even if you just gave up a shiny yourself, that's just a little anecdote. I doubt the person just stumbled upon a shiny Thundurus. You're only going to get a one chance event if you're not specifically trying to find him. If you're SR'ing, why would you do so for a shiny you don't want?

I hate to jump into the argument, but "obviously" leaves no room for errors. It means that it is definitely, in this case, hacked, and not just that, but it is plain to see it is hacked. While this might not have been your view, it is the word you used. If there is any possibility that it wasn't hacked and you recognized it, you are using the wrong word, and that has caused confusion.

No it doesn't. Again, it's a dogmatic word.

Edited by Alpha1

Okay, but did you also level it to 100 on Black/White's system?

And even if you just gave up a shiny yourself, that's just a little anecdote. I doubt the person just stumbled upon a shiny Thundurus. You're only going to get a one chance event if you're not specifically trying to find him. If you're SR'ing, why would you do so for a shiny you don't want?

No it doesn't. Again, it's a dogmatic word.

Dogmatic: Characterized by or given to the expression of opinions very strongly or positively as if they were facts.

So it's a word that asserts itself as fact.

Meaning... your're still using it wrong.

Edited by crazywargod

Dogmatic: characterized by or given to the expression of opinions very strongly or positively as if they were facts.

Your right, it is dogmatic. It assumes it is a fact. So, maybe there was a really nice person? The world is big.

Hey, I stumbled upon a shiny Heatran and I didn't want it. I honestly think Thundurous or whatever it is is a lame pokemon, just as I don't really like shiny Heatran. Sure, if I used it for a while, I could have gotten it up to level 100. If I wanted. Or, maybe, they hacked for rare candies and leveled it up that way; I do that all the time with pokemon that are requested at high levels on GTS.

And the fact that it wasn't caught by GTS still makes me skeptical, since I've had a lot of rejection experience with GTS and hacks |D

First off: Synonyms: plain, manifest, clear, palpable, unmistakable

That assumes it is true.

Second of all, this would probably be getting off topic a little.

Edit:

without doubt

of course

undoubtedly

without doubt

unquestionable

undeniably

Really, this assumes it is true.

Edited by -platinum-draco-

No I'm not.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obviously

1. in a way that is easy to see or understand; evidently

2. without subtlety

Adv.1.obviously- unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly'); "the answer is obviously wrong"; "she was in bed and evidently in great pain"; "he was manifestly too important to leave off the guest list"; "it is all patently nonsense"; "she has apparently been living here for some time"; "I thought he owned the property, but apparently not"; "You are plainly wrong"; "he is plain stubborn"

You see? Maybe you didn't use it wrong but it was definitely the wrong word to use.

Soooo anyone tried out the Game Sync/Dream World? ;D

Is it ..good?

I haven't got any time to do it, but I'm so happy it finally opened! 8D

Soooo anyone tried out the Game Sync/Dream World? ;D

Is it ..good?

I haven't got any time to do it, but I'm so happy it finally opened! 8D

It's not open yet. Delayed due to the recent disaster in japan.

It's not open yet. Delayed due to the recent disaster in japan.

I was all excited and I noticed it was delayed >.>

Guys, it's a video game. Please don't fight over it. =) And as far as I'm concerned we can use words any tick tockin way we want to XP

Guys, it's a video game. Please don't fight over it. =) And as far as I'm concerned we can use words any tick tockin way we want to XP

This ^

You can't use words any way you want. If you did, sentences would'nt make any lick of sense.