RheaZen

Rhea's Art

user posted imageLike so, Zov?

Not quite, Sand. Have the right end of the outline start right behind the head.

Much better. ^^ I think a single more pale shade for the lightest areas would really make it pop, though~ loving it. <3

*Flails* Butbut the photoooo.

Do you mean a whiter white or another transition shade?

Whiter white. >_>; Photos are wonky, go with yer gut instinct if you're in doubt.

I need some help with this.

This has been the progress on it:

user posted image-->user posted image-->user posted image-->user posted image

and well I know there is something wrong with the tail s1 and the s2 head any advice? fixings?

(Ignore the black lines on the last s2 I was going for the orange ones only >_>)

Edited by Siryuki

Ohkay. I tried on the gold, I really did, but apparently I can't curve tails downwards. I liked it with a bit of a flail to it. C:

I also had no idea where I could put the other back leg on it, but I think the visible one turned out okay.

user posted image

user posted image

And I didn't think the flatlines on the pillow's tail were that super important, so I left it as is.

>3>

Can I get some crit please?

user posted image

I don't have any wing/arms for it yet because using a mouse is really really hard. ;_; The butt feathers look tacked on, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do to fix it. Near foot is missing a toe, too. >_>;

Oh hax, there are a lot of you. I'll probably not get to you all in this post.

wonton - in CPA you told me to not crit, so, uh, yes or no on confirmation of such?

Zov - will try, thanks.

LR - Some of the lines are a bit rough, and the bell just rang. Damn multimedia class, boring as censorkip.gif.

Alright then.

Sorry Sand, I keep doing that huh? I'd say bring that whole line up a few pixels and show the tip of the wing's first finger.

LR - The shading is quite inconsistent so I ask that you leave colors out for now, as the lines need to be worked on first. You have a lot of straight lines - the underside of the neck, all along the tail, and along the chest especially. The wing arm anatomy is also a bit odd, as it looks like it's got three sections instead of two (humerus and radius/ulna). You'll probably want to merge the two middle parts of the wing arm into one. I'm also seeing jags in a lot of lines, though it's a bit hard to see them all because of the shading. The eye could do with an outline to make it more obvious.'

Siryuki - Which one do you want me to crit, exactly? On all of them the curves and body position are rather unnatural-looking, with very little of the body resting on the ground even though it's not exactly got limbs or working wings. I can't really tell what's going on with the head of the second one as well... 's horns, or a mask, or what?

Xbc - The previous positioning of the tail was really wonky, so this is better. However, it's hugging a bit close to the body, which kinda ruined the position of the visible leg - before, it'd looked so chill and relaxed! Have the tail curl around a bit more loosely - I couldn't find a very good match, but something more like this - and try putting the leg back in. The inner curve of the neck is very sharp and looks straightlines, so try to fix that. Make the left (our left) forearm a bit less bendy - it'll end up going almost straight down, elbow, then slightly to the right and with a lot of foreshortening.

Shaj - Ah, yeah, though now I'm noticing the tail has a jag. Any way to make it curve a bit more/more naturally?

Stef - Hwaugh why are you getting crit from me? @>@

Hm... butt feathers, could you give me a rundown of how exactly they're connected, maybe a quick sketch of what it looks like from the back? If they're sort of ringed around the tail, then they're currently set a bit low and seem to be chopping the tail off. As for the near toe, try adding in onto the side of the foot closest to us? It'll just be a nub and a toe pointed almost directly towards us.

Fhuh I should bone up on anatomy, I had to look up what the armbones were called >___>

It is hard to curve it, I saw the mistake but I don`t know how I can correct it, can you may try it?

Edit: Here is the orginal scetch: ungendered

Edited by Shajana

Shaj - I'll take a crack at it this weekend, sometime when- wait, the laptop has PS as well! Heck, I can do it now. Gimme a sec.

/wishes she'd noticed this sooner

Sand - Looking good, though now there are flatlines. Try to smooth the curve out? The position is right, though.

xd.png ok thank you! I really don`t know how to fix it. Yes, I love to work with Photoshop, I did the whole sprite with the program too.

user posted image ?

Stef - Hm. Maybe try spriting the body and tail w/o the feathers? It does seem quite chubby ^^;

Sand - that works. Now extend the wing membrane on the front wing so that it attaches at a point a bit lower down on the body.

Now it really looks better (may I made the tail too short). I really have to thank you for your help rhea, you are really an great artist! smile.gif