Rhea's Art

user posted image

Heere's your feexed snake, Vox.

Glad everyone likes theirs smile.gif

Yus~!

Achievement!

Silliness aside, thanks, rhea.

No proobs, Vox smile.gif

I might as well post some other stuff I've done as well. Recently took the sharpies back out, and man am I high on the fumes (not really).

user posted image

user posted image

OMG i just love it! its soo cute <3 also love your snakes . theyre awesome ;3

Aww.. Its so cute!! Your snakeys are awesome!!!

Edited by orange

she's doing them as requests for friends, but they're up for sale too at deviantart. just to answer your question.

I figure I might as well open requests up to everyone though. Not too hard to make these guys.

Okay so I'm having trouble with these eyes. On one hand I like the look of the one on the right better, on the other hand the one on the right seems to go more with what I typically see [in a Google Images search for "cute cartoon eyes"]. Tell me what looks better/how to make "cutesy" eyes?

user posted image

Right one n-n

I don't know diddly-squat about making anime eyes, which I think is what you're talking about. I just go with my gut instinct and hope it looks okay xd.png

The one on the right is cuter. The one on the left has eyes that take over the dark part too much, so they look more like white pupils... and that's always a sign of insanity.

Cute eyes vary from character to character. Mainly because there are so many ways to do "cute". Even ugly eyes will look adorable to someone. For example:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

You're going for cutesy, though, and, like above, that can vary. Astro Boy's eyes, Hello Kitty's eyes, and even Toreppa's eyes are all pretty cutesy. And don't forget Kirby. The really shiny anime eyes are normally seen as pretty rather than cute, so it'd make sense that a lot of the cute eyes are really basic. I'd suggest big black pupils with absolutely no shine anywhere near the middle of them, but instead closer to the rim, if not already there. On the iris works well, too. When you get colour into the eyes, it can mess up the simple white light, so even a small streak across the side can work. Like this carpy example.

user posted image

And eye shape matters a lot, too. >_> As does how cross-eyed the character is. Normally, the more cross-eyed, the cuter. That's why Toreppa's eyes (the toiler paper ghost guy) look a little bit sillier and cuter than Felix's up there.

Really, the best way to make something look cute is to keep it simple. Believe it or not, a lot of shine just tends to make it look crazy or... hell, not like eyes. xd.png But I only really pay attention to the cartoony eyes, not so much the more realistic ones.

OK you probably weren't expecting this rant BUT OH WELL.

... Cute bunny body, btw. X3 And the eyes you did are really cute.

I'm planning on trying a lop-ear design. What's different in a cottontail?

Streak thing not working. Cannot do eyes ;_;

Edited by RheaZen

the right one's better, yeah.

and yeah, what zov said, basically. But if you're having trouble, the one that you already made is plenty cute smile.gif

Rather, could someone prod the eyes to show me what you mean by the streak? I'm not certain I'm understanding it quite.

Sua, but I'm failing right now.

user posted image

I can see what you mean, though. The streak is a bit too cartoony for these eyes. I suggest just making them shiny - that is, not really a circle of light on the eyes, but rather, more like a rim. To put emphasis on how round the eyeball is. <3

I see. Thanks for trying, and I'll try the rim thing too <3

They looked like glass-eyed abominations. Which would've worked had I been going for a "Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog" feel. But no.

Edited by RheaZen