RheaZen

Rhea's Art

Sand - eh, not quite. Compare how the wings are attached to the body on this dragon vs. this dragon. The first one's wing membrane attaches very close to where the wing arm is, while the second's is all the way down by the legs. You want for your dragon's wing membrane to be more like the second one's.

Shaj - You can say thanks, but stuff like "you are really an great artist!" is a bad idea. My head inflates easily :>

@Rhea the last one would be the one i want you to advise me on.

the thing behind its head are feathers.

Hm, a suit... perhaps have some of the tie showing so it looks like it's hanging off the egg? Er... as in, http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/photofiles/...529/3457tie.jpg

Make the curves of the black follow the egg - presumably we're looking down on it rather than up, so the curve should dip downwards rather than upwards.

Alrighty, I think I got the gist of what you meant about the looking down on. Still shaky on the fixing of light sources and well. See for yourself?

user posted image

Though I did have one other idea of having the tie hang off, but that would be without the suit so still debating. Much obliged for the tips! And er, new crits pl0x?

Edited by Sinsdaemn

Sandface - Not quite. Draw an almost straight line from the tip of the "pinky" to the lowest point of where the membrane connects to the body right now.

Siry - Could you isolate that one by itself then? ^^;

Stef - Hm, I'd actually round out that new toe nearest to us by taking its left outline on the fleshy part and pushing it a teeny bit to the left. Just noticed this as well, but the feet on the two different size seem to be of different lengths, even considering foreshortening. Not bringing the toe lines up so far on the close foot might help a tad (delete a pixel from the ends).

Sins - Hm... tell you what, since it's an egg and pretty much symmetrical, work only on one half for now. You haven't gotten the curve quite right, you'll want to make it more obvious. See how muhc the stripes on user posted image this egg are curved? Also, the tie's a bit fat, making the whole thing seem a bit bulbous. I'll seem like a bit of a [censored] (I need to stop watching those Zero Punctuation videos) but I simply don't find fat ties fashionable. Anyways, try that, make the sort of wrapping-ribbon part a little thicker, and repost the result here.

Also, a carirot: user posted image

Hm. Uh, bring the line's upper end up a bit on the "finger" and curve the line slightly to follow the membrane stretch. Basically, you've made it too loose, so you need a bit of stretched-out webbing, which is what I'm trying to get at. Edited by RheaZen

I dont get quite what you mean, could you explain it a little better? O-o

more like this?

user posted image

Edited by Sandface

I checked my Night Glider thread...and well i haven't gotten any good crits..and I think that everyone thinks it's copying the Sunsong.. :/

For the S1, at the point where the body touches the ground right now on the left - instead of having the tail curl up at that point, bring it down and around so that it's lying on the ground. For the S2, I still don't know what you want exact or what's going on with the head, so get rid of the extraneous headlines. And the wings. And instead of having the body be all wriggly and wavelike like an epileptic inchworm, have it curl around.

X, make the length of the left forearm match that of the right one - maybe even shorter, if only by a pixel or so. The neck's better, but I can see what's making it awkward now - the head is in full profile. Make it 3/4 so that we see more of the forehead and the teeniest peek of the other eye, right up against the head outline. Also, revert the hind leg to its previous position - in the very first sprite you showed me. See what happens then.

Sand, that's because when we were making it, I didn't know you wanted it to be a DR, so I brought up the sunsongs as an example. Remember?

So what am i supposed to do now..start from scratch? I have been trying to draw a new dragon...but i have no imagination O-o

Sand: you have to figure that out for yourself now. You're the concept creator and official artist.

Xbc - May I do redlines?

Well...then goodbye months of wasted time. :/

Presumably you've also learned some stuff in the process. If you haven't, well, we both fail :P

user posted image This is for that dragon requests part of the forum, although I haven't thought of a topic yet. There's something wrong with it, but I can't find what. Can you help?

Thanks

Edited by Snow Plow

Well...if you call a piece of paper with tons of erase marks where there is no white left on it..then uhm, I don't know.

Snow Plow - Prepare for crackdown then, as I'll be going full steam *Cracks knuckles*

Okay. Is this a hatchling or an adult? If the latter, do the adult first in a topic ALWAYS because earlier stages will be based off how the adult looks. That's how things are. It's looks like you've put on some preliminary shading - get rid of that, we need to fix the anatomy and lines first. The pose is very, very boring - full profile, just... standing there. You don't even see the back legs at all. Find a way to make it more dynamic - maybe prancing, or walking, something besides a static pose. What's the thing around its neck? Get rid of it for now, so that we can focus on the main body first. The leg anatomy is rather human-like - scroll through the Completed List in the Suggestions/Requests area to see some examples of dragon legs/anatomy. Start with that then we'll move on.

Sandface, your problem now. I've helped you enough. You've got your own concept, so step up and take charge.

user posted imageIs this better? (I Don't know much about anatomy. Are the back legs off?)

EDIT: oh, yeah...and it's an adult. It's supposed to be small, maybe a pygmy.

Edited by Snow Plow

Somewhat better, at least it's got four legs! Alright then... right now the neck's rather triangular, either make it longer so the head doesn't look so pasted on, or add a bit of meat to the underside of the neck right under the head. The legs are very blobbish and though you've got the general idea right you'll want to work on positioning them first; get rid of them and start off with a simple stick model to show where they'll be positioned, like such:

user posted image

(Use different colors for each limb so we don't get mixed up).

Also, the belly is- just a flat line. Don't do that. Maybe give the dragon more of a chest, or a pot belly, anything but a flat line. It all depends on what the dragon's supposed to be like.