Saif

Pokemon VS Digimon

Pokemon VS Digimon Which Is Better?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can there be an 'I love both equally' option? In my Childhood I loved Digimon and Pokemon, but now in terms of anime I'm leaning more towards Digimon(I'm re-watching all the seasons right now, I'm on Adventure 02) but I'm still a big fan of the Pokemon games!

Seconded <3

Pokemon is defienetly my favourite. The first time I saw it, I was like four and the rest of the day I put my backpack on and walked around on all fours like bulbasaur xd.png. I saw an episode of digimon when I was little once and I was like "Cool, pokemon!" But when I didn't see pikachu, I didn't quite get it. Now, I think digimon is a bit lame, its just a cheap rip off of pokemon, though lately nintendo hasn't been doing so hot on making new pokemon. Still, though, my loyalty stands with them, love those lil pokemans!

And Pikachu? What kind of IDIOT uses a Pokemon whose only purpose in life is an Annoyer?

MY Empoleon has surf.

My Pikachu used Thunder.

Your Empoloen fainted.

I suppose that is annoying.

Im sorry but. Digimon. Digimon has always been the best in my eyes. Despite my love for digimon Pokemon is still good Ive played almost every game and love each and everyone!

I mean Pokemon has its good qualaties but I feel that Digimon is a lot deeper when it comes to story and such. In pokemon its always the same thing. Ash/whoever you are go's on an adventure to catch pokemons and stop an evil team in the latest pokemon it is team galactica. in Digimon theres always been a deeper heart to heart connection between the digidestins and their digimon. Seeing as the didgidestines have to make there digimon evolve. In pokemon its the same repetitive battles until your pokemon reaches 100 and you never have to train them again. Digimon evolutions are infinite from what I understand.

Edited by El3m3nt

When I was young, I started watching Pokemon, and I really liked Pokemon. The only problem was that it clashed with computer club. That was solved by having a video tape labelled "kiddies short term" which my sister and I could set up to record when we were busy.

Then they introduced the new Pokemon, and I kinda fell out with it. But Digimon came along. We all thought it would be just a rip-off of Pokemon, but it wasn't. It was fast-paced, exciting, mysterious, and it had nasty villains. It wasn't just a quest to better yourself, the fate of two worlds rested on the shoulders of these kids.

The reason Ash sets out on his journey is to fulfill his ambitions of becoming a trainer, whereas the Digidestined were thrown into a surreal, confusing, and dangerous world by no choice of their own, and have to band together in order to 1. survive and 2. save both worlds from impending doom.

Although I do like Pokemon, I feel it's a bit slow. With Digimon, much more happens in fewer episodes, the characters are deeper and more developed, and it is very atmospheric.

Pokemon is pretty upbeat, but Digimon is life-affirming. (And, just a side-note, Digimon actually taught me new words. Pokemon never did that.)

Im sorry but. Digimon. Digimon has always been the best in my eyes. Despite my love for digimon Pokemon is still good Ive played almost every game and love each and everyone!

I mean Pokemon has its good qualaties but I feel that Digimon is a lot deeper when it comes to story and such. In pokemon its always the same thing. Ash/whoever you are go's on an adventure to catch pokemons and stop an evil team in the latest pokemon it is team galactica. in Digimon theres always been a deeper heart to heart connection between the digidestins and their digimon. Seeing as the didgidestines have to make there digimon evolve. In pokemon its the same repetitive battles until your pokemon reaches 100 and you never have to train them again. Digimon evolutions are infinite from what I understand.

I agree 100% with the parts I put in bold. In Digimon there is also a stronger sense of accomplishment at the end of the series because of this bond. Also i find teh characters develop and mature more in digimon then Pokemon. in Pokemon Ash always ends up becoming like the little kid he was when he first started his journey in the new regions. he makes the same mistakes over and over again some times.

I ave to say... I've played pokemon wayyyyyyyyyyy longer than digimon.. and digimon STILL has my vote.

digimon tamers were the best. you didn't have 6 partners you carried around.. you had one, and he was chosen for you by fate to be yours.

now if that doesnt make you want one then fine, but digimon will always reign supreme :3

♪Pokemon! It's you and me

I know it's my destiny

Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend

In a world we must defend

Pokemon! A heart so true

Our courage will pull us through

You teach me and I'll teach you

Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all! ♪

O3O

...Ash/whoever you are go's on an adventure to catch pokemons and stop an evil team in the latest pokemon it is team galactica... In pokemon its the same repetitive battles until your pokemon reaches 100 and you never have to train them again...

About the underlined bit... Am I the only one who noticed that? Sorry, but that makes me giggle, that mistake right there. I makes me think of what would happen if Pokemon met Battlestar Galactica. (I've only heard of that show. I apologize to any fans for any misspelling of the name)

Anyway, El3m3nt, I believe you mean Team Galactic of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and even then, that isn't the most recent - it's Team Plasma of Black/White.

Onto the second segment. The battles are a tad repetitive, but getting to level 100 is quite a feat for most. Without cheats, without rare candies, without daycare, it takes quite a few HOURS to get just ONE level 100, but the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it is wonderful. In fact, I had two - I traded one to a person in Texas. If anyone knows who has my Dragonfly, please tell me. I want to get to know the new owner.~ Technically, I have three level 100 pokemon, but I consider the Rayquaza to belong to my brothers since they made the effort to raise it - I merely updated its moveset.

Also, as for "never having to raise them again" after reaching level 100, I beg to differ. Ever hear of EV training*? It's specialized training to raise certain stats. In any game before Black and White, you would have had a point with that phrase, but now, at level 100, you can actually have a pokemon gain EVs** from battles without having to level up the pokemon to gain the EVs from battling - a thing that made most people have to carefully raise a pokemon they wanted EV-trained level 100. Now all it takes is some EP-decreasing berries*** - at the most 26 for each stat - to reset the EVs so you can train the pokemon against NUMEROUS pokemon yielding the EVs you desire to get a pokemon customized to your liking.

Nevertheless, it should be obvious by now I am a pokemon nut. I used to be into digimon, but I actually got into pokemon over time. In fact, my brother likes it a lot because of the cries each one has! He's blind, so something as simple as that makes him have at least one game he can play with relative ease. Sometimes I need to read things to him, but he's memorized so much of it - such as how he can recognize every species by cry alone due to memorization - that digimon and pokemon fans alike might be amazed by how well he actually can play the game with nobody telling him anything. Of course, that's a story for another time - I can't let how much I am amazed by my own brother get in the way of a good... whatever you'd call this post, can I? XD

Visuals don't quite appeal to me in games and anime as much as the gameplay and story does respectively, so I've got no real opinion on which one has better art. Of course, I can agree the pokemon anime has lost favor with me after Johto. Ash DOES need to leave the spotlight.

Fun fact for those of you who think pokemon can't reverse evolution, and even for pokemon fans - If a Slowbro were to lose the Shellder clamped on its tail during a harsh battle, it would revert to a normal Slowpoke. This information comes directly from the Pokemon HeartGold pokedex. I found this out when I caught a Slowbro that I named Sweet Bro for my brother while he had me looking at what he did to his Safari Zone - which is quite amazing, by the way.

Also, lachrymation, I think you might like "Gotta Catch'em All" by Powerglove.

In short, read this at your own risk. I half-ranted and got a bit technical. Pokemon games are a bit more than they seem and I rarely type walls of text like THIS one. Even my notes are like a wall of text. Oh, and this may be the only time you'll see me in this thread, so everyone knows - I tend to pop in and out of these things - so trying to debate things with me may be a bit pointless. I only posted to get my 20 cents in.

NOTES

* EV training is where people raise the EVs of a certain stat to raise the overall value of that stat. If you ever see an EV-trained Shuckle, assume it's been trained in defense and special defense, and bring pokemon with moves like Night Shade, Toxic, or Dragon Rage with you - you'll need it.

** EV is short for Effort Value, while EP is short for Effort Point. They are essentially the same thing. A pokemon can only have 510 EVs/EPs as an overall total, with a single stat only capable of having 255. It takes 4 of them to make 1 extra point in that stat at level 100.

*** These berries increase friendship and decrease EVs by 10. If the pokemon has more than 100 EVs in that stat, one of the berry that corresponds to that stat will set it at 100 EVs, with each additional berry decreasing that amount by 10. However, that only applies to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?HeartGold/SoulSilver, as it appears you need 26 of each in Black/White to reset the stats. The berries are Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato corresponding to the HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed stats respectively. Waiting to level 100 to EV train by using these berries is difficult in Black and White due to them being only available via Dream World. As a result, it is probably better to EV train the pokemon when you first get it, rather than trying to amass many of these berries.

All information from Serebii.net. All information should be accurate, and I apologize if I made any mistakes.

I've always liked both really much. But I think that I've always liked Pokemon a bit more than what I liked Digimon.

About the underlined bit... Am I the only one who noticed that? Sorry, but that makes me giggle, that mistake right there. I makes me think of what would happen if Pokemon met Battlestar Galactica. (I've only heard of that show. I apologize to any fans for any misspelling of the name)

Anyway, El3m3nt, I believe you mean Team Galactic of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and even then, that isn't the most recent - it's Team Plasma of Black/White.

Onto the second segment. The battles are a tad repetitive, but getting to level 100 is quite a feat for most. Without cheats, without rare candies, without daycare, it takes quite a few HOURS to get just ONE level 100, but the feeling of accomplishment that comes with it is wonderful. In fact, I had two - I traded one to a person in Texas. If anyone knows who has my Dragonfly, please tell me. I want to get to know the new owner.~ Technically, I have three level 100 pokemon, but I consider the Rayquaza to belong to my brothers since they made the effort to raise it - I merely updated its moveset.

Also, as for "never having to raise them again" after reaching level 100, I beg to differ. Ever hear of EV training*? It's specialized training to raise certain stats. In any game before Black and White, you would have had a point with that phrase, but now, at level 100, you can actually have a pokemon gain EVs** from battles without having to level up the pokemon to gain the EVs from battling - a thing that made most people have to carefully raise a pokemon they wanted EV-trained level 100. Now all it takes is some EP-decreasing berries*** - at the most 26 for each stat - to reset the EVs so you can train the pokemon against NUMEROUS pokemon yielding the EVs you desire to get a pokemon customized to your liking.

Nevertheless, it should be obvious by now I am a pokemon nut. I used to be into digimon, but I actually got into pokemon over time. In fact, my brother likes it a lot because of the cries each one has! He's blind, so something as simple as that makes him have at least one game he can play with relative ease. Sometimes I need to read things to him, but he's memorized so much of it - such as how he can recognize every species by cry alone due to memorization - that digimon and pokemon fans alike might be amazed by how well he actually can play the game with nobody telling him anything. Of course, that's a story for another time - I can't let how much I am amazed by my own brother get in the way of a good... whatever you'd call this post, can I? xd.png

Visuals don't quite appeal to me in games and anime as much as the gameplay and story does respectively, so I've got no real opinion on which one has better art. Of course, I can agree the pokemon anime has lost favor with me after Johto. Ash DOES need to leave the spotlight.

Fun fact for those of you who think pokemon can't reverse evolution, and even for pokemon fans - If a Slowbro were to lose the Shellder clamped on its tail during a harsh battle, it would revert to a normal Slowpoke. This information comes directly from the Pokemon HeartGold pokedex. I found this out when I caught a Slowbro that I named Sweet Bro for my brother while he had me looking at what he did to his Safari Zone - which is quite amazing, by the way.

Also, lachrymation, I think you might like "Gotta Catch'em All" by Powerglove.

In short, read this at your own risk. I half-ranted and got a bit technical. Pokemon games are a bit more than they seem and I rarely type walls of text like THIS one. Even my notes are like a wall of text. Oh, and this may be the only time you'll see me in this thread, so everyone knows - I tend to pop in and out of these things - so trying to debate things with me may be a bit pointless. I only posted to get my 20 cents in.

NOTES

* EV training is where people raise the EVs of a certain stat to raise the overall value of that stat. If you ever see an EV-trained Shuckle, assume it's been trained in defense and special defense, and bring pokemon with moves like Night Shade, Toxic, or Dragon Rage with you - you'll need it.

** EV is short for Effort Value, while EP is short for Effort Point. They are essentially the same thing. A pokemon can only have 510 EVs/EPs as an overall total, with a single stat only capable of having 255. It takes 4 of them to make 1 extra point in that stat at level 100.

*** These berries increase friendship and decrease EVs by 10. If the pokemon has more than 100 EVs in that stat, one of the berry that corresponds to that stat will set it at 100 EVs, with each additional berry decreasing that amount by 10. However, that only applies to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?HeartGold/SoulSilver, as it appears you need 26 of each in Black/White to reset the stats. The berries are Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, and Tamato corresponding to the HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed stats respectively. Waiting to level 100 to EV train by using these berries is difficult in Black and White due to them being only available via Dream World. As a result, it is probably better to EV train the pokemon when you first get it, rather than trying to amass many of these berries.

All information from Serebii.net. All information should be accurate, and I apologize if I made any mistakes.

You...are...AWESOME!

Digimon. Definatley, which why I get really pissed off when I see someone saying it's a rip off. One of my favourite aspects were the DigiMon V-Pets, released as "Tamagotchi, but Manlier" which came out at the same time as Pokemon Red/Green in Japan. Digimon also have vastly more complex Digivolution Trees, realisticly, under just the right circumstances, anything can Digivolve into anything else, so long as it's a higher level, and even then a lot of Digimon Slide Digivolve into Digimon of the same level. Pokemon evolve in a linear fashion, which fits, they're organic (?) creatures, who evolve in a fashion similar to real animals. Digimon are data, and thus, have no need to follow human logic, such as the uber hot BlueMeramon who chills in Freezeland and can use ice attacks as well as fire. There are also many kinds of Digivolution, such as Armour Digivolution, or DNA Digivolution (and it's battle-only counterpart, DigiXros (Double-Xros, Grand-Xros, Great-Xros and Final-Xros, too)).

Also... it isn't afraid to change. You look at Pokemon and it's Ash as the primary protagonist all the time. Sometimes, these changes are accepted fairly well (Digimon Tamers did fairly well after Adventure, and even Digimon Savers did better then Pokemon in the ratings occasionally) other, more drastic changes tend to split the fanbase (Digimon Frontier, Digimon Xros Wars and Digimon Xros Wars: The Boy Hunters who Leap through Time), but it re-invents itself, picks up new ways to Digivolve, maybe creates a new group (Seven Great Demon Lords, Royal Knights Brigade and Olympus Twelve, among others) and carries on. Every single species has it's own back story and thats the way I love it.

Digimon, especially season one. And why, you may ask? Because it actually teaches kids something: how to accept the loss of a loved one, to see death as nothing so scary and hopeless and more like a new beginning, to know the true human values (courage, love, friendship, knowledge/wisdom, honesty, sincerity, hope, light), to always have hope that good will prevail over evil no matter how hopeless the situation is, to understand that everybody deserves a chance to change and that some need nothing more than a little help and encouragement to do so, that doing bad never pays off and how important it is to trust your friends, work with them, and to appreciate all forms of life as a blessing and a gift. wub.gif

Digivolution shows how everything evolves and how everything changes, but somewhere deep inside you will always remember who you are and never lose that part of you, and that it takes love and priceless bonds to actually grow in an amazing way.

And what does Pokemon teach us? To collect creatures as mere objects without too much of a connection to them? I beg to differ, thank you very much. smile.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Telefang

no

Monster Rancher

no

Bugsite

c'':

Nah but really |D

I've always been more into Pokemon but I really love mon series in general if it involves raising mons I will play it c':

(I don't watch either show enough to base anything on that but Pokespe is pretty alright |D)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Enjoyed watching Digimon occasionally, but it has never been able to captivate me like Pokémon has smile.gif

Edited by Rhynn Collins

I chose pokemon because, that was my entire world when I was a kid. I always joked how it was perfect timing that the show started in late 98 in the US and I got into before my 10th birthday so naturally when I turned 10 I was dead set on becoming a pokemon trainer. I even got a pikachu (toy along with Raichu) as my starter and a pokedex (which I still have... blink.gif ) I was all for pokemon until Ash went to Sinnoh. Then it started getting 'eh' for me. the voice changes sure didn't help any. Ash doesn't sound right without Veronica Taylor providing the voice for him. dry.gif

I wasn't really a Digimon fan much. sure I did love the critters, especially Patamon (so cute wub.gif) but didn't really get into it until Season 4 I think it was, when the kids themselves could digivolve into Digimon? That was cool. Plus it had a catchy theme song. smile.gif

I've never really understood this "Digimon vs. Pokemon" attitude. They have some similarities, sure, but they're distinct series and concepts. I enjoy both, but I enjoy them for vastly different reasons (which I won't go into because it would take a very long time to write).

I guess if I was held at gunpoint and forced to choose a favorite, I'd go with Digimon. Adventure 01 and Tamers have a special place in my heart <3

tbh I've heard of digimon nd I know what it is but I've never actually played it or watched(?) it or anything like that. but pokemon is def. one of my favorite games!! firered was my first pkmn game, but diamond and pearl was the best gen, imo. tongue.gif