Saif

Pokemon VS Digimon

Pokemon VS Digimon Which Is Better?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pokemon is like half my childhood. Who almost cried during the episode when Pikachu could have been with his own kind but stayed with Ash? I almost did.

What does Digimon have? Pepper breath. Case closed.

Null vote. Show-wise, I'd say Digimon, because I have a serious soft spot for Digimon Tamers. Though Pokemon have somewhat better movies (never was much moved by the series, though).

Digimon. Ever since I was young, I was hooked onto the series. I use to like pokemon too. But with all the new gens coming out, I'm finding I dislike pokemon more and more. (They're just becoming way too complex looking)

Plus, I don't know a single soul who still watches the newest seasons of Pokemon. Even the recent movies, no one cares for. It's just all so repetitive.

Mah, my ranking of monster creature shows and games goes...

1. Digimon

2. Monster Rancher

3. Pokemon

Pokemon. Definetely Pokemon. I've been watching it since I was young, and I still watch it. I used to watch Digimon, but I stopped watching it cause it started getting boring. But, I've been watching and playing Pokemon for a long time, and it didn't get boring, so I definetely like Pokemon better.

Digimon, just season 1 though, the others bored me.

Same with Pokemon, at first it was fun, but it just got waaaay too long.

Still, my vote goes to Digimon

I prefer Digimon. Pokemon is getting too complicated...

I have Digimon world DS and it's made me appreciate the evolving system so much. I mean, with Pokemon, your Pokemon evolves and stays at that stage, or it doesn't. With Digimon, you can go back to the Rookie form and work your way up to Mega, and then De-Digivolve if you want to try something else1 Much better in my book.

I prefer Digimon. Pokemon is getting too complicated...

I have Digimon world DS and it's made me appreciate the evolving system so much. I mean, with Pokemon, your Pokemon evolves and stays at that stage, or it doesn't. With Digimon, you can go back to the Rookie form and work your way up to Mega, and then De-Digivolve if you want to try something else1 Much better in my book.

I also like the digital aspect of it, and how much control you have over the evolution process,

But I also like pokemon

Digimon, just season 1 though, the others bored me.

Same with Pokemon, at first it was fun, but it just got waaaay too long.

Still, my vote goes to Digimon

Season 1 Digimon was the best. smile.gif

Pffft. Pokemon. Digimon is way too complicated, with all the different seasons that are completely different than the others. At least Pokemon is consistent :/

I still watch the episodes and movies, and I play all the games. ^^ Although I could do without Ash, I still give Pokemon a 100% win over Digimon. Plus, the newer pokemon are so interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Digimon. Until it went crazy and exploded with different ideas, I got lost and became disinterested.

Oh, most definitely (with an I, not an A) digimon. Pokemon's series' are so boring and repetitive, plus the pokemon only repeat the same word. over. And over. And over. True, they are cute, I must admit, but Digimon are able to develop much more complex personalities by the way they talk and act. Pokemon are only able to show this through actions, which seems to take a bit off of their personalities, to me.. :/

Pokemon's movies are pretty good, I mean I nearly cried over two, but to be honest, they're the only two I like... plus both Digimon and Pokemon were a big part in my childhood, but I was an action, pain and "edgy"-liking kid, and I don't remember being too interested in Pokemon, really.

And from when I was a kid, my knowledge of it just slipped, and I forgot everything apart from a few gen. 1 pokemon. There's loads of them! (though I'm not saying there aren't lots of digimon >>)

Another thing- I liek the different characters every season, (well, if you know the seasons, you'd know that Tai and Matt and the s1 guys played a subrole in S2 with Kari and TK in main roles.) because when you play with a character for so long *cough*Ash*cough* they tend to get a little flat and boring.

Of course, this is only my opinion. I love digimon, and I find pokemon a tad repetitive and boring, that's me. I know that someone would say that about Digimon, I know I hate the new main character for s6 (Gosh, don't get me started...), and it's a great and interesting thread to read. ^^

Oh, most definitely (with an I, not an A) digimon. Pokemon's series' are so boring and repetitive, plus the pokemon only repeat the same word. over. And over. And over. True, they are cute, I must admit, but Digimon are able to develop much more complex personalities by the way they talk and act. Pokemon are only able to show this through actions, which seems to take a bit off of their personalities, to me.. :/

Pokemon's movies are pretty good, I mean I nearly cried over two, but to be honest, they're the only two I like... plus both Digimon and Pokemon were a big part in my childhood, but I was an action, pain and "edgy"-liking kid, and I don't remember being too interested in Pokemon, really.

And from when I was a kid, my knowledge of it just slipped, and I forgot everything apart from a few gen. 1 pokemon. There's loads of them! (though I'm not saying there aren't lots of digimon >>)

Another thing- I liek the different characters every season, (well, if you know the seasons, you'd know that Tai and Matt and the s1 guys played a subrole in S2 with Kari and TK in main roles.) because when you play with a character for so long *cough*Ash*cough* they tend to get a little flat and boring.

Of course, this is only my opinion. I love digimon, and I find pokemon a tad repetitive and boring, that's me. I know that someone would say that about Digimon, I know I hate the new main character for s6 (Gosh, don't get me started...), and it's a great and interesting thread to read. ^^

Although I agree with most of the above about the animé - and btw Celestial, you double posted - I still like Pokémon better. I don't watch the animé much, only once in a while. I'm actually fine with the Pokemon not speaking. I find it an interesting way to build personalities.

Ash is an interesting way to go about using a protagonist from a game for a TV show. Because Ash is technically exclusive to the TV series - the original game protagonist is Red, and the two have slightly different designs. This prevents the whole They Changed Him Now He Sucks thing for Red. I like that.

As for the Digimon series, I liked it back when. Yup, They Changed It Now It Sucks. IMO, anyways. Not to say I don't like Digimon. I loved it in the earlier seasons. Especially the seasons with Ken. And Young TK.

The games - well, Digimon never had a chance there. tongue.gif I have one, though, and I like it. Just not as much as my Pokeymanz. (I should slap myself for spelling it like that xd.png)

Hey everyone, a friend told me that pokemon and digimon were made (or thought of, whichever) by the same guy, but pokemon will forever more by my favorite. At least pokemon makes more sense that digimon. Yeah, because kids can get sucked into computers.

I really don't like Digimon, I don't know why :/ Pokemon is awesome, though~

Mmmmmmmhhmmmmmmmm.

I never got into Digimon, the show didn't keep my interest after a couple episodes, but Pokemon is IT, man.

/tired nodnod

Digimon is WAY more complicated than Pokemon. So much so I find it hard to follow. On the flip-side Pokemon is way LESS complicated. So little a two year old can follow it.

So in complexity the two are equally bad.

Characters... Digimon has better main-cast than Pokemon. None really feel overused whereas Pokemon's does.

Digimon wins in that regard.

"THE BIGGY!"

Pokemon has better monsters than Digimon. The complexity of the digimon degrade them and make them boring. The simplicity of pokemon gives them flavor and makes them feel like they could actually exist. Digimon are also WAY overpowered. Even the legendary pokemon are not invincible or even seemingly invincible. A challenge but not impossibly strong as quite a few digimon are.

Pokemon wins this and my vote by far.

For the statement about speach. So mute people don't have personality because they can't speak? Complex speach=/=Personality. There are plenty of ways to have personality without complex speach.

Pokemon gets my vote by a long shot.

But I did like the Digimon series very much actually.

I still remember much of Season 1. Best season ever.

Season 2 - not so much but I do remember a few of those episodes.

Season 3 - seen a few but then again I couldn't hang on to it.

Season 4 - kinda looked complicating(and bizarre) with the whole 'you being a Digimon youself' thing going.

Season 5 - saw the first few episodes of it but, alas, I just couldn't keep myself grasped to it.

Season 6 - never saw it in my life. Didn't even know it existed until now (Wikipedia xd.png)

But yea, Digimon did had a lot of character development, and I give them kudos for that, but as it progressed through seasons I just lost interest in them. I guess my childhood mind didn't like the fact that some characters were replaced by new ones so I too left Digimon as well. dry.gif

Digimon had a lot of potential but Pokemon managed to blow them out of the competition.

People seem to be basing their votes on the shows, which in my opinion, digimon should win

but in the games, I think they are equal.

Digimon has come up with lots of awesome games, like the digimon world series. Pokemon, too, has awesome games.

Ways digimon is better:

-More control over the evolution process

-More evolutions

-More monsters

-Digimon is less childish than Pokemon

-Games are more of a challenge

Ways pokemon is better:

-Less complicated

-Designs of monsters are simpler

Edited by Digidude123

People seem to be basing their votes on the shows, which in my opinion, digimon should win

but in the games, I think they are equal.

Digimon has come up with lots of awesome games, like the digimon world series. Pokemon, too, has awesome games.

Ways digimon is better:

-More control over the evolution process

-More evolutions

-More monsters

-Digimon is less childish than Pokemon

-Games are more of a challenge

Ways pokemon is better:

-Less complicated

-Designs of monsters are simpler

This is the visual media area. How is the digimon anime better?

Pokemon doesn't need as much control as digimon over evolution because it has fewer monsters and the monsters aren't as complex.

Digimon is less childish. Digimon die on a regular basis... Oh wait I forgot they don't. They only get de-evolved into eggs. Which is actually more childish than pokemon. Death=Death in pokemon. Death=Egg in digimon.

It has way TOO many monsters. I saw the complete first season when it was new and I STILL hadn't seen them all.

Ah yes the difficulty. Pokemon needs to work on that.

Digimon is less childish. Digimon die on a regular basis... Oh wait I forgot they don't. They only get de-evolved into eggs. Which is actually more childish than pokemon. Death=Death in pokemon. Death=Egg in digimon.

Did you ever watch the new seasons of pokemon? That, is why pokemon is more childish.

And what's wrong with coming back as an egg? They are made of data, the data is recyclable. Pokemon just.....faint, I've never seen a pokemon die before. Digimon, can in fact, die, you would know that if you actually watched the show. They die when another digimon absorbs their data to make themselves stronger. In tamers, Leomon dies.

also, I don't think digimon is that complex, I find it rather easy to follow