Saif

Pokemon VS Digimon

Pokemon VS Digimon Which Is Better?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i vote for pokemon because they so cool than digimon since never watching digimon for me.. I watching some series of pokemon before. they cool. and I have one game for DS smile.gif

Never watched Digimon, but I LOVED the first 3 seasons of Pokemon. Until the voice actors changed... Then it all went to hell... sleep.gif Now I watch it in Japanese.

i liked both pokemon and digimon. but when i first saw digimon i thought it was a cheap remake of pokemon.

i voted for pokemon though since i still play the games while i haven't even touched a digimon game (do they even have games? ^ ^ wink.gif

I voted Digimon. They are in my opinion more interesting personality wise. The pokemon (except for meowth) don't really get very much personality because they only say their name. The characters for pokemon are kind of bland, and after 5 generations of pokemon they seem to be running out of ideas.

Now don't get me wrong. Digimon has a BUNCH of different digimon, so they do repeat themselves sometimes. However the digimon at least have personalities. I love Guilmon he is funny, cute and innocent, but can be very intelligent and wise when he needs to be. The humans change out which gives you fresh characters to learn about, and to be honest the show is more interesting because there is always that sense of danger. Pokemon you don't really get that sense of danger (at least in my opinion) I mean sure you know that it is supposed to be dangerous but they never really show it.

So I guess thats it. I like both of them, but overall digimon wins in my book.

I voted Digimon. They are in my opinion more interesting personality wise. The pokemon (except for meowth) don't really get very much personality because they only say their name. The characters for pokemon are kind of bland, and after 5 generations of pokemon they seem to be running out of ideas.

Now don't get me wrong. Digimon has a BUNCH of different digimon, so they do repeat themselves sometimes. However the digimon at least have personalities. I love Guilmon he is funny, cute and innocent, but can be very intelligent and wise when he needs to be. The humans change out which gives you fresh characters to learn about, and to be honest the show is more interesting because there is always that sense of danger. Pokemon you don't really get that sense of danger (at least in my opinion) I mean sure you know that it is supposed to be dangerous but they never really show it.

So I guess thats it. I like both of them, but overall digimon wins in my book.

I kinda agree. What I don't agree on is pokemon and personality. Pokemon IMHO have way more personality than any digimon could ever have. All because they can't use words. They have to show it in other ways. Do you think mute people IRL have no personality because they can't talk?

Everything else I can agree with. Characters need to be changed out, sense of danger.

If you've watched any of the new season, you'll see that Ash's Snivy and Oshawott have loads of personality. Pikachu's always had a personality, too. ^^

And yes, ASH NEEDS TO ****ING DIE OR SOMETHING. D< I really wish there was a clean slate for Pokemon. I would like it so much more than I already do (but that might be a little dangerous... >> )

pikachu need evolve into raichu as well with ASH but pikachu has some good new attacks that I seen so far. nice. if evolve into raichu then will still know ASH or feeling change? unsure.gifrolleyes.gif I just curious about it like something would happening to Pokemon's. smile.gif

pikachu need evolve into raichu as well with ASH but pikachu has some good new attacks that I seen so far. nice. if evolve into raichu then will still know ASH or feeling change? unsure.gifrolleyes.gif I just curious about it like something would happening to Pokemon's. smile.gif

If pikachu evolved into raichu the whole base of the first season would be lost. Evolution=/=Strength. You could use dawns piplup but seeing as ash is a pimp never keeping one girl for very long you need pikachu. Also pikachu refuses to evolve into raichu.

If you look at the manga, red's pikachu never evolves. Of course they don't weaken it every new generation and actually change the characters.

While it is possible for feelings to change, as shown by ash's charmander evolving, I doubt if pikachu did evolve it would change its feelings.

They just need to replace ash already. Skip a few years. Make him 20 or so. The E4 champ or a wandering trainer. SOMETHING OTHER than the protagonist. Sure you'd need a new antagonist but you'd be starting fresh so woopy. That way all of us who were there when it all started can stop facepalming when he looses to some rookie. MAKE IT FRESH!

They just need to replace ash already. Skip a few years. Make him 20 or so. The E4 champ or a wandering trainer. SOMETHING OTHER than the protagonist. Sure you'd need a new antagonist but you'd be starting fresh so woopy. That way all of us who were there when it all started can stop facepalming when he looses to some rookie. MAKE IT FRESH!

^I support THIS 100%!~

What I would love to see maybe is Ash's kid. Or maybe even a backtrack to Ash's mysterious father who is supposedly a pokemon trainer that we've never seen before. That is a story I'd like to hear. Kind of like what Star Wars did with Anikin! >:D

I kinda agree. What I don't agree on is pokemon and personality. Pokemon IMHO have way more personality than any digimon could ever have. All because they can't use words. They have to show it in other ways. Do you think mute people IRL have no personality because they can't talk?

Hmm... I don't think that's a fair way of judging personality. I've never personally met anyone who was mute, but I don't think it's fair to say that just on the basis that they can't speak, they have more personality than anyone else. My view is that both creatures have a colorful array of personalities in their franchises. :T

It just happens to be easier to pick up on the personalities of Digimon rather than Pokemon. Mainly because Digimon behave more like humans. They also have the added benefit of directly speaking. With Pokemon, you have to be more perceptive with their behavior and body language. It's more subtle.

Guys, I found out that in Japan both Digimon and Pokemon came at the SAME TIME! America just released Pokemon first and Digimon last!

I've known this for a long time. It annoys me that people claim digimon are a knock-off of Pokemon when it was never intended.

An interesting fact; Digimon actually were created to be a sort of a tamagotchi designed specifically for boys. So they're actually Tamagotchi knock-offs. lol

Comparing the games of both franchises, I'd have to say pokemon had a big advantage over digimon for a long time with their games being portable. Now that I think about it, until the GBA was released, the only Digimon games were for the PS1 with the Digimon World series. And even after Digimon's GBA games were released, they were more of fighter games really than anything else (Boring). Bandai's improved with the DS games, fortunately. I highly recommend Digimon DS/Dawn/Dusk Pokemon IMO has lost points with each new Gen and slowly losing their iconic catch phrase "Gotta Catch them all" as it's become harder and harder to do so...

Does anyone else feel how disjointed the English dub of Pokemon was/is from episode to episode? Maybe it's just me, but I could NEVER keep track of where I was in the storyline.

/end long rant

Edited by Daydreamer09

And yes, ASH NEEDS TO ****ING DIE OR SOMETHING. D< I really wish there was a clean slate for Pokemon. I would like it so much more than I already do (but that might be a little dangerous... >> )

Yes. This. Please get rid of him. ;__;

Even though I spite all of the new Pokemon and the fact that they continue to drag out the series, my vote definitely goes to Pokemon. I loved watching the 1st season episodes when I was a kid. I still have a few of them on VHS tapes in my closet. x3

I recall crying when I watched the episode where Ash's Butterfree left so it could be with its mate. Not to mention I have very fond memories of playing Emerald Version when I was younger, and i'm still replaying it now.

^I support THIS 100%!~

What I would love to see maybe is Ash's kid. Or maybe even a backtrack to Ash's mysterious father who is supposedly a pokemon trainer that we've never seen before. That is a story I'd like to hear. Kind of like what Star Wars did with Anikin! >:D

Hmm... I don't think that's a fair way of judging personality. I've never personally met anyone who was mute, but I don't think it's fair to say that just on the basis that they can't speak, they have more personality than anyone else. My view is that both creatures have a colorful array of personalities in their franchises. :T

It just happens to be easier to pick up on the personalities of Digimon rather than Pokemon. Mainly because Digimon behave more like humans. They also have the added benefit of directly speaking. With Pokemon, you have to be more perceptive with their behavior and body language. It's more subtle.

I've known this for a long time. It annoys me that people claim digimon are a knock-off of Pokemon when it was never intended.

An interesting fact; Digimon actually were created to be a sort of a tamagotchi designed specifically for boys. So they're actually Tamagotchi knock-offs. lol

Comparing the games of both franchises, I'd have to say pokemon had a big advantage over digimon for a long time with their games being portable. Now that I think about it, until the GBA was released, the only Digimon games were for the PS1 with the Digimon World series. And even after Digimon's GBA games were released, they were more of fighter games really than anything else (Boring). Bandai's improved with the DS games, fortunately. I highly recommend Digimon DS/Dawn/Dusk Pokemon IMO has lost points with each new Gen and slowly losing their iconic catch phrase "Gotta Catch them all" as it's become harder and harder to do so...

Does anyone else feel how disjointed the English dub of Pokemon was/is from episode to episode? Maybe it's just me, but I could NEVER keep track of where I was in the storyline.

/end long rant

I would also like to see something of ash's father. I'd rather it be like DB where is was a movie though.

I see your point. I just get a bit nippy when pokemon are said to have no personality because they can only say their names.

I actually am thinking of getting one of those digimon games.

Okay ash does NOT need to DIE. I'm tired of him too but that's melodramatic, seriously. He only needs to not be the focus of the damn show. Gone, or if they REALLY can't get rid of him, an occasional recurring side character. I'd see keeping him if they wanted him to grow with the audience but the ****er never grows! The people there when the series started are either reluctantly watching for nostalgia sake, gone and never watching it (or even getting info) agai, or not watching but facepalming at the info we hear.

Okay ash does NOT need to DIE. I'm tired of him too but that's melodramatic, seriously. He only needs to not be the focus of the damn show. Gone, or if they REALLY can't get rid of him, an occasional recurring side character. I'd see keeping him if they wanted him to grow with the audience but the ****er never grows! The people there when the series started are either reluctantly watching for nostalgia sake, gone and never watching it (or even getting info) agai, or not watching but facepalming at the info we hear.

I don't actually want him to die, I just want him to stop being the frikin' center of the show. =__=

Pretty much everything you just said.

At the end of each season, he's pretty much been going "I'm gonna be ANOTHER Pokemon Master! >8D"

>.<

Edited by Switch

I only watched one episode of Digimon, and I loved the first season of Pokemon. It was just plain hard to top, period. After that, the only thing I lied was Gligar/Gliscor. She was kickass.

=V So no opinion, really.

Pokemon fails ONLY in the anime.

Ash can't battle or train to save his life!

Make friends with Pokemon? The only thing he makes FRIENDS with is the side of epic to his fail. He REALLY DOES need to die. And Pikachu? What kind of IDIOT uses a Pokemon whose only purpose in life is an Annoyer?

Why can't main female characters actually have decent Pokemon?

Honestly. Ooohhhh I want to be a contestant, be a beauty pagent, show off my disgustingly cute and pointless Pokemon, oooh they make cute noises, ooohhhh let's hug my Piplup. Gender stereotypes make me SICK. Oooh Dawn's Piplup WHY ISN'T IT AN EMPOLEON ALREADY! >: Water/steel is beautiful typing. And what is WITH the most pathetic attacks they learn. WOW Piplup learned BUBBLE! MY Empoleon has surf.

Disgusting. At least Paul's approach makes him a decent trainer. And as everyone knows, it's way easier to make a Pokemon like you than hate you.

I don't particularly care for Digimon, either. Digimon doesn't have Absol :3 And there are plenty of exquisite Pokemon with exquisite movepools (Volcarona, we're looking at you)

Edited by DarkEternity

I'm sorry, but I just wanted to say... all my pokemon hate me. xd.png;

Pokemon fails ONLY in the anime.

Ash can't battle or train to save his life!

Make friends with Pokemon? The only thing he makes FRIENDS with is the side of epic to his fail. He REALLY DOES need to die. And Pikachu? What kind of IDIOT uses a Pokemon whose only purpose in life is an Annoyer?

Why can't main female characters actually have decent Pokemon?

Honestly. Ooohhhh I want to be a contestant, be a beauty pagent, show off my disgustingly cute and pointless Pokemon, oooh they make cute noises, ooohhhh let's hug my Piplup. Gender stereotypes make me SICK. Oooh Dawn's Piplup WHY ISN'T IT AN EMPOLEON ALREADY! >: Water/steel is beautiful typing. And what is WITH the most pathetic attacks they learn. WOW Piplup learned BUBBLE! MY Empoleon has surf.

Disgusting. At least Paul's approach makes him a decent trainer. And as everyone knows, it's way easier to make a Pokemon like you than hate you.

I don't particularly care for Digimon, either. Digimon doesn't have Absol :3 And there are plenty of exquisite Pokemon with exquisite movepools (Volcarona, we're looking at you)

*coughmelodramaticcough*

Ash does NOT need to DIE.

DON'T BE KNOCKING ON TEH PIKACHU! PIKACHU IS TEH SHISNIT!

Misty? May? Even dawn had mamoswine. Piplup had an everstone. Iris has excadirll and axew. I do agree about their movesets though.

Paul was as much an ass as a horrible trainer.

In the game? Maybe but the anime/manga? Not so much.

May, when her Blaziken evolved :3

Staryu used harden :c

May, when her Blaziken evolved :3

Staryu used harden :c

Yeah may actually let her pokemon evolve. When pikachu didn't evolve there was a, albeit corny, moral behind it. Piplup didn't evolve because of a moral too but was so corny it might as well of had a cob.

The movesets I agree with you; They suck. I'm hoping they remedy this with Iris. (She's not misty who was gym 2. Iris is one of the two possible in gym 8. She damn well better have good movesets, amIrite?)

Pokemon IMO has lost points with each new Gen and slowly losing their iconic catch phrase "Gotta Catch them all" as it's become harder and harder to do so...

Actually, with Black and Platinum, I'm finding it a lot easier to complete that region's dex. Maybe because the stories actually involve the dex a lot more.

When I had Crystal, I'd normally not get half of the dex filled. With Black I have 144 at last memory.

Can there be an 'I love both equally' option? In my Childhood I loved Digimon and Pokemon, but now in terms of anime I'm leaning more towards Digimon(I'm re-watching all the seasons right now, I'm on Adventure 02) but I'm still a big fan of the Pokemon games!

Edited by psyshock

Pokemon is like half my childhood. Who almost cried during the episode when Pikachu could have been with his own kind but stayed with Ash? I almost did.

What does Digimon have? Pepper breath. Case closed.

I cried so much at that... then again, who didn't?