Saif

Pokemon VS Digimon

Pokemon VS Digimon Which Is Better?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone, my name is Mitesla and I am a Pokemaniac. I tried Digimon since a friend of mine loved it, and the first two seasons were pretty good, but I kinda gave up after that (admittedly I did kinda lose interest in the Pokemon TV series too but it looks like most Pokemon fans can say that). The Pokemon game, however, has me completely hooked. Red Version was my first ever handheld game and I've played nearly every Pokemon game since. I do have Digimon Dusk and it's a pretty good game, but I am firmly on Team Pokemon in this matchup.

I don't think you can really compare the two.

The only thing alike in it is colorful monsters and Kids who run away from home to play with said monsters, and battle them.

In my opinion, Pokemon is far superior in the games department, and Digimon is superior in the Anime department.

Pokemon game, simple yet sometimes challenging and addictive. Always new innovations in each new version (White version rocked, best pokemon game ever).

I could never quite get into the Digimon (world) games (or at least for the DS), they were really complicated and the battle system was very poorly made. Overall the games felt really tedious and I didn't find them too fun.

As for the anime, at least the first two seasons of Digimon had a decent plot and characters.

I never got into the other seasons because they kept changing the rules "Now you can become a digimon, now just your face can become a digimon, now your digimon transformed face's face can be a digimon".

Season 2 (while good) was about the limits of it for me with the eggs and then the fusing with each other.

The pokemon anime.... I mean the plot, what plot? Every episode was virtually the same "Ash travels, something happens, Ash tries to fix it, OMG It's team rocket, again!, Ash wins. The end" And rarely he'd have a gym or league battle.

It just got really whiny and obnoxious me thinks says I.

I think I can only stand watching the first season if that.

As far as movies.

I refuse to acknowledge that a Digimon movie existed. And I am embarrassed to say I've seen the pokemon movies up til like movie 5

(Although I was so cool as a kid going to the first movie when it came out)

Each of them have good and bad points. I don't think of them as "Copying" one or another

If I have to choose a side, I'm Team Pokemon simply because pokemon is still releasing awesome games (I'm looking at Black and White) and digimon isn't really doing anything.

and digimon isn't really doing anything.

Actually, they're making a new game right now. It's called Digimon: Lost Evolution

Actually, they're making a new game right now. It's called Digimon: Lost Evolution

Way to knock me down a notch xd.png

Still though, with poke it's all hyped up. You never really hear anything about Digimon.

Still never got into the games. And games keep me more entertained than anime so, I'm still team pokemon on this one.

Please see my edited post.

But doesn't transferring them as energy just contradict the fact that they are biological entities?

Actually the fact that it was a year younger means pokemon doesn't copy digimon but the other way round.

Less contradicting than turning digital. A biological entity uses energy not data to do everything. So to say they are stored as energy makes more sense than being stored as data. Porygon is the only debatable pokemon but it is still a biological entity.

Pokemon are biological entities not digital. Even in a computer they are still biological.

Digimon are digital entities not biological. Even outside the computer they are still digital.

EDIT:Though, I add, I don't think either copy each other. I believe there are similarities but, then, they are of a similar base. When you look at two monster shows there will be similarities because they are both monster shows. Understand?

Edited by crazywargod

This is how I see it. The Pokeball can deconstruct a Pokemons biological structural into tiny little pieces, stream them through the energy field, and reassemble it back together again to their designated area. Guess the subtle hint where this was taken from. XP

This applies to catching, retrieving, calling out, and transferring.

Pokemon are biological entities not digital. Even in a computer they are still biological.

Digimon are digital entities not biological. Even outside the computer they are still digital.

I don't think computers have anything to do with biology, or the pokemon whilst in them.

So to say they are stored as energy makes more sense than being stored as data.

Not really, I mean, it's a computer. Since when does some magical energy have to do with computers, data would make more sense, because computers have nothing to do with magical energies.

@DarkEon: You can't really prove your theory with any kind of evidence can you? Pokeballs are magical devices that magically store magical creatures into themselves. The rest is completely unknown. All you can say for sure is that it has something to do with apricorns

Edited by Digidude123

Me? I am for Digimon myself-Pokemon games and anime have the same plot-over and over again. Digimon games have ANIMATION in the fight sequence and intelligent conversation. (excluding Season 6 WTF) The evolution in Digimon games may be too complicated for some, but the Pokemon evolution is too simplistic. Don't get me wrong-I have almost all the mainstream DS games for Pokemon(DP,P,SSHG) and plan to get BOTH Black and White. I also have 2 Pokemon Ranger games. I have Digimon:Dawn/Dusk and Digimon World Championship, and am going to get Digimon: Lost Evolutions. The Digimon developers even come out with more imaginative names that "Black" or "White".

I don't think computers have anything to do with biology, or the pokemon whilst in them.

Not really, I mean, it's a computer. Since when does some magical energy have to do with computers, data would make more sense, because computers have nothing to do with magical energies.

@DarkEon: You can't really prove your theory with any kind of evidence can you? Pokeballs are magical devices that magically store magical creatures into themselves. The rest is completely unknown. All you can say for sure is that it has something to do with apricorns

Shall I repeat what I said in the eevee thread.

Pokemon is Sci-Fi not Fantasy. Meaning everything in it is science based. Not magical based.

The pokemon are still biological entities in the computer. They have been turned into energy not data. Data=Digimon not Pokemon.

Pokeballs are not magic. They are mechanical. If you look inside it is clearly a mechanical device.

Biological entities cannot turn into data. There is no sense in it. Turning to energy only makes sense because in order to function biological entities need energy. A pokeball breaking down a pokemon by its atoms and storing it as energy until it is released and the atoms reassemble themself is actually based on the scientific theory of teleportation.

You can't prove everything in pokemon with science, it's not science based at all. If pokeballs were just machines, you could call back any pokemon at anytime, even if it belonged to someone else or if it hadn't been caught beforehand.

the technology behind a Poké Ball remains unknown

Nothing is known about the pokeball, all people know is what it does

Edited by Digidude123

The capsules, in a sense, converts their biological matter into compressed energy pods. Everything is made out of energy, nothing it technically solid. Digimon are data monsters, from computers and things like that, whilst Pokemon are actually flesh and blood and have life spans. Digimon are not real, whilst, for pokemon [in the pokemon world, mind you] they are living beings.

One concept cannot copy a concept that comes after it, because it wouldn't exist. Digimon has similarities to pokemon because it comes after Pokemon did, thus, nothing from pokemon has copied anything from digimon.

Energy is in every substance. Data is not energy or substance, it's a bunch of numbers and symbols. They are completely different things.

Edit: You can't explain it in scientific terms as it pertains to the real world science. But there is nothing magical about Pokemon at all, magic has no business in the concept. It's about science and biology, even if it isn't parallel to our own. The basic concept still revolves around biology and technology, not magic.

Data is not energy, and energy is not data. The pokeball has the ABILITY to send data, and the machines that transfer pokemon have the ABILITY to transfer that energy. That's how they are moved around.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

You can't prove everything in pokemon with science, it's not science based at all. If pokeballs were just machines, you could call back any pokemon at anytime, even if it belonged to someone else or if it hadn't been caught beforehand.

Yes it is. From the pokemon to the entire world they live is made by science.

Except for the small, tiny fact that they are MASS PRODUCED! They are made by humans as MECHANICAL. You don't mass produce magic.

It was constructed by humans as a mechanical object that serves a certain purpose, thus it was designed with science and technology, not magic.

*Cough* Look at my Signature and Avatar and you'll find out pretty quickly.

Game wise pokemon is my favorite. There are manny reasons, and yes the game is repetitive. It is so darn repetive it give me a headache every now and then.

But. I have watched more digimon episodes then pokmone in recent years. I watched the first season of pokemon, back when it was new. (Ash was strange, my favorite was the one where Pidgeyotto evolved. But hey, I'm a bird girl. My second is the one with the ghost house and the gengar.) Nowdays it is so same this and same that I feel embarased to watch it (When I find nothing else to watch, which happened once last year.)

I have only seen a few digimon episodes, but a fair few movies. My favorite digimon was the one which was. Eh...The one on the right

So yes, In am on the wire between the pools of digimon and pokemon, but I am keeping myself there while hanging over pokemon, if you understand what I am saying.

Edit: You can't explain it in scientific terms as it pertains to the real world science. But there is nothing magical about Pokemon at all, magic has no business in the concept. It's about science and biology, even if it isn't parallel to our own. The basic concept still revolves around biology and technology, not magic. Data is not energy, and energy is not data. The pokeball has the ABILITY to send data, and the machines that transfer pokemon have the ABILITY to transfer that energy. That's how they are moved around.

That is exactly what I meant to say. Thanks shiny. :3

Edit: You can't explain it in scientific terms as it pertains to the real world science. But there is nothing magical about Pokemon at all, magic has no business in the concept. It's about science and biology, even if it isn't parallel to our own. The basic concept still revolves around biology and technology, not magic.

Data is not energy, and energy is not data. The pokeball has the ABILITY to send data, and the machines that transfer pokemon have the ABILITY to transfer that energy. That's how they are moved around.

If pokemon could be scientifically explained, then us too, could be able to make pokeballs. If pokemon wasn't fictional, then we would be able to capture our own animals with devices such as pokeballs.

Please scientifiacally explain how celebi time travels, brings dead people back to life, restores plant life.

Please explain how mew can shapeshift at any given time.

Most pokemons can be described with biology, some things in pokemon can even be scientifically explained, but not everything. Pokemon are still supernatural creatures, with magical abilities that far surpass normal animals. Their behavior may seem very similar to those of normal animals, but that's about it. If pokemon was more like our world, pitting them against each other would be called animal abuse, and 10 year olds couldn't randomly go on adventures

I'm sorry guys but aren't you thinking too deeply about this?

I mean the "Science" of pokemon/digimon....

Really, it's just a game to be enjoyed or an anime to be watched. I'm sure the creators gave no thought to any real science behind it

@wayjun, in the new pokemon black and white versions, the battles are all now animated. The pokemon do not remain static at any point.

It's a lot better in gameplay.

If pokemon could be scientifically explained, then us too, could be able to make pokeballs. If pokemon wasn't fictional, then we would be able to capture our own animals with devices such as pokeballs.

Please scientifiacally explain how celebi time travels, brings dead people back to life, restores plant life.

Please explain how mew can shapeshift at any given time.

Most pokemons can be described with biology, some things in pokemon can even be scientifically explained, but not everything. Pokemon are still supernatural creatures, with magical abilities that far surpass normal animals. Their behavior may seem very similar to those of normal animals, but that's about it. If pokemon was more like our world, pitting them against each other would be called animal abuse, and 10 year olds couldn't randomly go on adventures

Fiction=/=Fantasy=Fiction

Fiction=/=Sci-Fi=Fiction

Again pokeballs are based on the SCIENTIFIC theory of teleportation.

While time travel is not yet possible it is a science based theory used by fantasy. Same as reserection.

X-Files=Sci-Fi, has shapeshifting.

Fantasy and Sci-FI are very similar. Which can make it hard.

Pokemon do not use magic and are not magical creatures. Each ones powers is explained by biology, a science.

Seriously if this was magic there would be no pokemon professors but a great mage.

Magic gives more explanations than science. So the fact that little is known is just all the more reason this is science.

Fiction=/=Fantasy=Fiction

Fiction=/=Sci-Fi=Fiction

Again pokeballs are based on the SCIENTIFIC theory of teleportation.

While time travel is not yet possible it is a science based theory used by fantasy. Same as reserection.

X-Files=Sci-Fi, has shapeshifting.

Fantasy and Sci-FI are very similar. Which can make it hard.

Pokemon do not use magic and are not magical creatures. Each ones powers is explained by biology, a science.

Seriously if this was magic there would be no pokemon professors but a great mage.

Magic gives more explanations than science. So the fact that little is known is just all the more reason this is science.

Exactly theory, anyway, you just completely ignored my questions and said it was scientific anyway. The only thing that has to do with biology that is applicable to pokemon is ecology, not one thing more. Professors in pokemon only research the evolution process(the metamorphosis version of evolution). Magic is something paranormal, or can't be explained by science. Pokemon, are therefore, magic. A pokemon's powers has never been explained in a scientifical manner, if i'm wrong, please bring forth evidence. How does magic give more explanations? magic is supposed to be something that doesn't make sense, something that can't be explained, science makes perfect sense.

No! Don't stop them! I wanna see how long they'll argue!

btw you must be a hater serce, not wanting fantasy thing to exist.

Oh and shut up digi, pokemon are not magical. A psychic type pokemon's powers can be explained, same with fire types.

You DO realize that Reshiram is the one on Black right?

In the olden days of pokemon, they were described as magical creatures, yes. But that was before they had science- in the pokemon world.

You cannot expect us to explain a fictional concept with science that applies to our own world. Nevertheless, it is science that is applicable to Pokemon, not magic. Everything in Pokemon has revolved around science, even if it can't be explained- however, everything does has a vague explanation, but it lacks details because in truth it wouldn't correspond to the scientific laws we know as fact already. That's what makes it fictional.

They aren't "magical powers" that are bestowed on these creatures by a spell or curse. It's how their biological structures are made. Fire-types use fire because that's how they are constructed as a living creature. You can't expect me or Crazy to explain something that isn't real on the basis of real facts, because it just won't work- it's a fictional concept. But that doesn't mean you can just call it magic and be done with it.

Just so we're clear, a Pokeball is not a magical item. It is man made and constructed by technology.

Mew's transformation can be explained by scientific terms, even if it doesn't apply to how things work in our world. There is a difference between the scientific capabilities and laws in the Pokemon world and in the real world. That's why it's a science fiction, not a fantasy.

Mew's transformation can be easily described as the ability to rearrange structural cells to resemble that of another creature. Maybe that's extreme passed what anything on our world is capable of, but I direct you to the creatures that use camouflage, such as that one type of octopus (can't remember the name~) or the chameleon.

Vaporeon was described as having a molecular structure similar to that of water, which gives it the ability to melt at will. Obviously, this would never happen in our real world sciences- but, that doesn't negate the fact that that description is a scientific observation, not a magical power.

Magic is simply anything that cannot be explained currently by science, but once it is, it's no longer magic. There's no special spell or divine energy that's given these pokemon the power to spew fire from their mouths or dig a hole- it all has to do with their physical and genetic constructions. That's where biology comes into play, but I repeat, just because it might not follow the rules of biology of our world doesn't mean it isn't still biology- it just happens to be a biology that exists in a separate world.

It's fictional science. Science fiction. Nothing else.

And yes, time travel can be explained scientifically, I'm surprised you even asked that.

And yes, we probably would be able to make our own pokeballs. But not ones that function like those in the games and anime, because the science in our world is different from that in the Pokemon world. BUT, that doesn't make it any less of a science. You need to address the fact that it's fiction, therefore it doesn't have to follow every single law of physics in order to still be a science.

And I've never heard of Celebi bringing someone back from the dead.

I think the celebi thing was the end of movie 4 where the celebi you see throughout the movie seemingly dies and about 100 celebi's come to the time of the seemingly dead celebi and reserects it.

I'm of the impression celebi was not dead but close. It had very little energy left and was on the verge of dieing. The other celebis just gave it a re-charge.

If it was dead, I have a theory for that too, the other celebis just reversed its time a little to a point where it wasn't dead.

Either way, no magic.

@serce2: We are only debating. Unless we start insulting each other, stopping is unnecessary. As to why... Because we can. Need there be any other reason?