Saif

Pokemon VS Digimon

Pokemon VS Digimon Which Is Better?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ash actually does have a pretty good battle sense. Sure he pits weaknesses against strengths but it actually does work. If he starts trying to use non-effective (like electric against ground for example) moves then I would worry. He does have to go though. I mean every season he has to re-learn how to catch a pokemon.

Well it didn't help that it was electric against grass, pikachu had no electrical attacks, AND pikachu was still tired after running into zekrom. There was a lot against him.

Yeah, and in the anime, it's not all about the types, I recall pikachu defeated an onix.....twice? (once in the first season, then somewhere in the diamond/pearl)

They did have a special Pokemon episodes featuring different characters. The only one episode the comes to mind is 'Legend of Thunder'.

Pikachu should be level 100 by now but NOOOOOO he can get beat by a pokemon who is most likely under level 10.

Pikachu should be level 100 by now but NOOOOOO he can get beat by a pokemon who is most likely under level 10.

I think pikachu becomes lvl 5 again every season or something

Yeah, and in the anime, it's not all about the types, I recall pikachu defeated an onix.....twice? (once in the first season, then somewhere in the diamond/pearl)

The only one I remenber was brock's onix that was doused in water.

Digimon. Ever since I was young, I was hooked onto the series. I use to like pokemon too. But with all the new gens coming out, I'm finding I dislike pokemon more and more. (They're just becoming way too complex looking)

Plus, I don't know a single soul who still watches the newest seasons of Pokemon. Even the recent movies, no one cares for. It's just all so repetitive.

Mah, my ranking of monster creature shows and games goes...

1. Digimon

2. Monster Rancher

3. Pokemon

Monster Rancheeeeer, yessss!

I liked both, but show wise, Digimon takes the win. Games? Pokemon. But as many others have said, Pokemon has gotten a bit stale.

I'm a bit sad now.. As I write this.. Spellcheck recognizes Pokemon, but not Digimon.

I'm a bit sad now.. As I write this.. Spellcheck recognizes Pokemon, but not Digimon.

So there, and us pokefans are still winning. SO THERE.

I think the newer games are really reviving pokemon, though :> Like, I'm actually watching the newest season of anime, and although it amuses me to no end (Like, it's so lame~ But for some reason, the Jessie/James/Meowth group have turned badass and aren't idiots anymore. . _.) I probably would like the Digimon show better. It was a lot more interesting and action-packed xd.png

But, I still love pokemon. It's my greatest childhood connection <3 I remember going to the movie theater with my mom to watch the first movie~

I liked the anime until hoenn, then lost interest. I really like the Celebi movie

Edited by Digidude123

Max annoyed the crap outta me D8< I wanted to strangle that boy. HE WAS SO ANNOYING.

And I was so pissed in that Manaphy movie when Ash was the one to save the day. I mean, WTF, it was May who was like Mana's mommy. And then outta no where it was like, "ASH, YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE" and BAM it revolved around him again. SO STUPID D<

Max annoyed the crap outta me D8< I wanted to strangle that boy. HE WAS SO ANNOYING.

And I was so pissed in that Manaphy movie when Ash was the one to save the day. I mean, WTF, it was May who was like Mana's mommy. And then outta no where it was like, "ASH, YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE" and BAM it revolved around him again. SO STUPID D<

Like I said... repetative. The whole anime revolves around him. If it happens to stray a bit, even if it makes no sense, it will refocus around him again.

Which is really too bad. As much as I still like the anime (it actually makes me more pumped to play the games x3) I hate Ash so, SO MUCH.

I was in love with Brock for a while, though, despite the fact I don't like men xd.png I wish they would have kept him, not some pest who doesn't know that his balls should have dropped by this point.

>:/

Which is really too bad. As much as I still like the anime (it actually makes me more pumped to play the games x3) I hate Ash so, SO MUCH.

I was in love with Brock for a while, though, despite the fact I don't like men xd.png I wish they would have kept him, not some pest who doesn't know that his balls should have dropped by this point.

>:/

What balls? I'm convinced ash is genderless...

I HATE brock. Sure his womanizing stick is funny a couple of times it has gotten VERY old VERY fast.

All the characters have gotten old, ash, in my opinion, is the most annoying and boring one of all. 14 SERIES!!!!, and they keep ash. Did you know ash is voiced by a girl? Did you know ash is STILL 10 years old?

All the characters have gotten old, ash, in my opinion, is the most annoying and boring one of all. 14 SERIES!!!!, and they keep ash. Did you know ash is voiced by a girl? Did you know ash is STILL 10 years old?

14 Seasons not 14 series. Yes to both your questions. But I don't actually have a problem with him being voiced by a girl.

There's a lot of really talented female voice actors that do surprisingly good male voices :3

Eh, I liked Brock. I thought he was funny and cute, and the only one who actually knew anything about pokemon. >> I wish he'd get a girl friend already, though.

There's a lot of really talented female voice actors that do surprisingly good male voices :3

Eh, I liked Brock. I thought he was funny and cute, and the only one who actually knew anything about pokemon. >> I wish he'd get a girl friend already, though.

Exactly.

I thought he was perverse and in need of a girlfriend. I was pissed that the ONE moment (I have ever seen anyway) he hit on a girl and SHE FELT THE SAME WAY they didn't let him get her (I forget her name but it was the battle frontier).

Max knew just as much, if not more, about pokemon as brock did. He was just anoying as hell with that voice of his.

There was ONE girl that actually LIKED Brock, it didn't work out.

I know this has nothing to do with the pokemon anime, but, isn't pokemon a tad bit digital as well? I mean, they can be stored digitally in a computer system, doesn't that somewhat copy the concept of digimon?

Only on the games, duh. And where else are we supposed to put the pokemon?

Edited by ClosetKitteh

I know this has nothing to do with the pokemon anime, but, isn't pokemon a tad bit digital as well? I mean, they can be stored digitally in a computer system, doesn't that somewhat copy the concept of digimon?

No. Pokemon are biological entities not digital. Also pokemon was first so technically digimon would be copying pokemon.

The pokemon are STORED digitally but are not ACTUALLY digital.

Again, a friend told my that the guy who thought of ( or created, whichever ) pokemon did the same with digimon.

Only on the games, duh. And where else are we supposed to put the pokemon?

Not only in the games, at all. In the anime, they digitally trade, store, and even send pokemon digitally. I can find many other examples of this, if you wish to inform yourself.

And where else are we supposed to put the pokemon?

There's many places, actually. Doesn't Oak keep Ash's pokemon in his back yard or something?

also, to be transported digitally, you'd have to be made of some sort of digital matter, wouldn't you? That seems exactly like digimon, don't you think? So, when you think of it, pokemon, in some way, copies digimon. I mean, there's many examples. In various ways, a pokedex could seem like a digivice.

@Crazywargod: Pokemon was only made about 1 year first. Of course, it makes a difference in some ways, digimon, also copies pokemon in some ways, but pokemon copies digimon nonetheless

Edited by Digidude123

Not only in the games, at all. In the anime, they digitally trade, store, and even send pokemon digitally. I can find many other examples of this, if you wish to inform yourself.

There's many places, actually. Doesn't Oak keep Ash's pokemon in his back yard or something?

also, to be transported digitally, you'd have to be made of some sort of digital matter, wouldn't you? That seems exactly like digimon, don't you think? So, when you think of it, pokemon, in some way, copies digimon. I mean, there's many examples. In various ways, a pokedex could seem like a digivice.

@Crazywargod: Pokemon was only made about 1 day first, it doesn't make much of a difference. Of course, it makes a difference in some ways, digimon, also copies pokemon in some ways, though that could just be a simple coincidence, but pokemon copies digimon nonetheless

EXACTLY. 1 DAY. That means either 1)They were thought of by the same person making neither copies of each other... or 2)They are similarities that popped up from being about tamed monsters making neither copies of each other. Either way neither copies off each other.

The pokemon are stored and transfered as energy not data.

EXACTLY. 1 DAY. That means either 1)They were thought of by the same person making neither copies of each other... or 2)They are similarities that popped up from being about tamed monsters making neither copies of each other. Either way neither copies off each other.

The pokemon are stored and transfered as energy not data.

Please see my edited post.

But doesn't transferring them as energy just contradict the fact that they are biological entities?