Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is a reasonable waiting period for someone to pick up their end of the trade?

other party wanting hatchies they have been on link for over 24 hours now sad.gif

what would anyone suggest if they grow on scroll before other party collects replace them all (6) uncommons or state trade has been completed

Depends on the person.

I'd leave the hatchies on my scroll and see my part of the trade as completed if the other party doesn't pick them up in time - and I wouldn't replace them afterwards if it's someone I hadn't traded before and put them on my list. For friends & nice traders who I had excellent trading experiences with I'd make an exception.

What's a generally good offer for a cb gold? Aside from other caveborn rares.

3-4G Shimmer would be fair... I don't know much about Tinsels but I'm guessing 2-3G. Neglecteds (obviously), you might get a 2G Prizefail. 2G Spriter alt, but that depends on the spriter a lot, different spriters may ask for different prices.

3-4G Shimmer would be fair... I don't know much about Tinsels but I'm guessing 2-3G.

Tinsels are worth the same as Shimmers, so no. If a 3-4G Shimmer would be fair, same goes with Tinsels.

Edited by Erica8798

Tinsels are worth the same as Shimmers, so no. If a 3-4G Shimmer would be fair, same goes with Tinsels.

I would agree with that. I don't understand the mentality that 4G Shimmer = 3G Tinsel.

Edited by TheGrox

I have a CB Black hatchling (already gendered) and a couple of Red hatchlings. Would that be enough for a CB Tan Ridgewing?

If not, what other CB's are on par with CB Tan Ridgewings? What about BSA hatchlings and PB Trios? Hatched PB Coppers?

bump

bump

CB Red dorsal, blusang, or ice should be enough for a tan ridgewing, maybe the red hatchlings, blacks don't fetch much anymore. Not sure, possibly gold wyvern or a couple of stripes? I find PB harder to trade unless they are higher gens, maybe 4th gen and above.

I don't trade that much, so how much would my 5th even gen white egg be worth?

Lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Q8iWl

By itself I don't think it will trade for much, maybe another lineaged egg or a couple of common hatchies, maybe a BSA. It's not a true checker and is a mix of sweetlings and metallic without a clear pattern, difficult to find a good mate for it.

Edited by Tawanda001

How many CB coppers is a CB gold or CB silver worth? Is 2:1 copper to gold/silver lopsided?

Would two 2nd gen silver hatchlings be worth a CB copper? Nevermind on this one biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Edited by rox_squirrel

How many CB coppers is a CB gold or CB silver worth? Is 2:1 copper to gold/silver lopsided?

Would two 2nd gen silver hatchlings be worth a CB copper? Nevermind on this one biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance for the advice!

traded a cb silver for 2 cb coppers but I'd say 2-3 would be fair for a cb silver. You won't find people trading cb golds for coppers because "if they can catch a gold they can catch a copper".

traded a cb silver for 2 cb coppers but I'd say 2-3 would be fair for a cb silver. You won't find people trading cb golds for coppers because "if they can catch a gold they can catch a copper".

Surely if they can catch a silver they can catch a copper, too... A silver or gold would probably be worth a few CB Coppers.

Surely if they can catch a silver they can catch a copper, too... A silver or gold would probably be worth a few CB Coppers.

silvers are currently like a dime, a dozen compared to golds, so i'd say coppers for silvers is a good trade - especially if you go the hatchie route. biggrin.gif

also, i'd trade cb coppers for 2g metallics, if they are what i need. wink.gif

Have CB sunstones suddenly become hard to get?

I've been trying to trade these three eggs: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Wqetc  http://dragcave.net/lineage/BaFFF http://dragcave.net/lineage/jKwuN looking for some as I need 7 to finish off a lineage of mine.

Why am I having trouble getting them?

cb sunstones are not hard to get, you even find them in the AP. The problem is that common trading is not very popular anymore in general, and what you're offering will not make anyone stalk the cave or AP to get you a sunstone.

The first two eggs are more or less worthless for trading, and the third one is only valuable for lineage collectors.

For more detail: Commons and uncommons are tradeable either when they're cb, or higher gen checkers or other longer lineages that required work and patience creating. Royal blues are quite common at the moment, I often see them sitting in the alpine for a while before they get picked up, and you also find cb ones in the AP. A 2nd gen from nebula is neither cb nor any lineage worth trading for, so if you don't find someone who needs exactly this combination of dragons, you won't get it traded. The brimstone does not even have a clean lineage pattern - it's neither stairstep nor spiral, and there's a twist in the breeds. The third one is nice, but it also has no clear pattern which would be straight forward to continue, so it's too specific.

You might get them traded if you hatch them first and offer them to people who look for freeze fodder (especially the royal blue and the brimstone), especially if you're willing to accept an egg. But it's probably much easier to simply dump them in the AP and stalk the AP or cave for sunstone eggs yourself.

ETA: Or try 2nd-3rd gen trios or red/pink hatchies to get the sunstones you need, that should work.

Edit: inserted quote for clarity what I'm referring to, as my post went to the next page

Edited by Ha-Ki

Have CB sunstones suddenly become hard to get?

I've been trying to trade these three eggs: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Wqetc  http://dragcave.net/lineage/BaFFF http://dragcave.net/lineage/jKwuN looking for some as I need 7 to finish off a lineage of mine.

Why am I having trouble getting them?

No, they're common CBs, but your offer isn't enticing enough, imo. Also could be a problem if you're asking for hatchies. If you're wanting a fast trade you're going to have to breed low gen spriter alts/thuweds/prizes/metallics or catch CB unbreedables/trios or if you wanna aim higher, CB metals.

The one with most potential, in my opinion, would be the 2g Royal Blue because it's short and easily continuable and you have more options on how you want to continue it versus the other 2. The EG one would be considered "not clear lineage" to someone that just gave it a quick glimpse. I'll admit I almost didn't see it at first. The other one is a spiral and on top of that it's with holidays. Someone like me who'd like to continue it, just wouldn't be able to (because we'd need a Cavern Lurker CB) and we'd need a substitute.

Edited by Saynna

cb sunstones are not hard to get, you even find them in the AP. The problem is that common trading is not very popular anymore in general, and what you're offering will not make anyone stalk the cave or AP to get you a sunstone.

The first two eggs are more or less worthless for trading, and the third one is only valuable for lineage collectors.

For more detail: Commons and uncommons are tradeable either when they're cb, or higher gen checkers or other longer lineages that required work and patience creating. Royal blues are quite common at the moment, I often see them sitting in the alpine for a while before they get picked up, and you also find cb ones in the AP. A 2nd gen from nebula is neither cb nor any lineage worth trading for, so if you don't find someone who needs exactly this combination of dragons, you won't get it traded. The brimstone does not even have a clean lineage pattern - it's neither stairstep nor spiral, and there's a twist in the breeds. The third one is nice, but it also has no clear pattern which would be straight forward to continue, so it's too specific.

You might get them traded if you hatch them first and offer them to people who look for freeze fodder (especially the royal blue and the brimstone), especially if you're willing to accept an egg. But it's probably much easier to simply dump them in the AP and stalk the AP or cave for sunstone eggs yourself.

ETA: Or try 2nd-3rd gen trios or red/pink hatchies to get the sunstones you need, that should work.

Edit: inserted quote for clarity what I'm referring to, as my post went to the next page

Thanks for the info, though the brimstone is a spiral, but the names are long. It was a planned alternating breed spiral.

I haven't been seeing the sunstones in the cave which is why I stuck these up for trade.

*sigh*

How much are second gen shimmers worth? So far they are extremely hard to breed and everybody and their mother wants one. But yet, everyone on the forums seems to want either second or third gen for their rares.

*sigh*

How much are second gen shimmers worth? So far they are extremely hard to breed and everybody and their mother wants one. But yet, everyone on the forums seems to want either second or third gen for their rares.

Hopefully this'll give you some perspective. These are just offers I've had accepted when offering for 2nd gens, each one being on a different line:

• 3 CB Silver eggs
  • 2 CB Golds, 1 CB Silver
  • 2nd gen Valentine 09
  • 3rd gen Holly
  • 1 CB Silver and some trios
  • Some 4th gen tinsels
  • 4 3rd gen Tinsels
  • 5-6 3rd gen Tinsels
  • 2nd gen from spriter alt
  • 3rd gen Gold Shimmer and 3rd gen Silver Shimmer
  • 4th gen Gold Tinsel
  • 3rd gen Thuweds

Not all of these were offered initially, but they are what was accepted in the end (possibly after some negotiation).

And then there's some where I've made offers, but they didn't want anything in return.

As you can see, it's really variable, I'd say.

*sigh*

People will pay anything for a 2g Shimmer just because they know they can get CB Golds for 3g Shimmers. Same goes for Tinsels.

Some of the things paid in the past (past past with aid of friend) and some more recent, most accepted:

20 hatchies wishlist - this got me my solstice beauty

1 gold, 1 silver, 1 copper, 1x 3rd gen

one of each colour tinsel any lineage

number of dinos

2 metallics

z collector

I think I have been fairly lucky to have owners that did not want 6 metallics etc (not saying shouldn't) but the above I could afford smile.gif at various times.

Further thoughts: Really they are set by you prize owner and your goals

Edited by lilacamy931

*sigh*

What owners want them to be worth.

I paid one 6EG egg, and the prize owner came to me and offered a 2nd-gen although I didn't state I wanted any prizes - and I was on no list. I would never offer several metals etc. for something so overrated, it is ridiculous xd.png

*sigh*

I've traded some of mine quite highly, others I've gifted. Personally, for trades it really depends on who's offering what and whether it takes my fancy. While many of my trades have been with people who've PM'ed me, not all of them have - some were from me PM'ing other people or spotting a trade post I liked the look of. And often how the offer is made matters to me, too - especially at first, I got people PM'ing me with a laundry list of CB metals with the promise of EVEN MOAR CB metals, but in such an off-hand and almost rude way that I said "no" because I didn't like the attitude. rolleyes.gif (And plenty of people can catch CB metals, including me...)

*sigh*

The best deals are all on the trading threads aka wait for a 6+ cb metal offer to pop up.