Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is fair to offer for a Neglected? A CB Gold? More/less?

A CB gold is very fair. Generally, I'd say a CB silver is a bit too little and a CB gold is a bit too much, but you can get a Neglected when offering a CB silver and you can get a CB gold when offering a Neglected, so it's really being fairly pedantic.

(When it comes to actual rarity... I've been seeing more CB golds in the cave than CB silvers or CB coppers in the past months, but the trade value doesn't seem to be shifting from that CB golds are worth about 1.5 CB silvers, and non-verdigris coppers don't get you a CB gold. smile.gif )

What would be fair to get a 2nd-gen Shimmerkin(common) from a CB Silver Shimmer?

(I remember that I have seen once a person offering a 2nd-gen Pink from a Bronze Shimmer and she/he wanted to have a CB Gold for it, don't know if she/he got it, though...)

Can i get 2-3 hatchies if i trade a CB lumina?

In my opinion, no. Luminas are pretty common and I don't see many people looking for them.

What would be fair to get a 2nd-gen Shimmerkin(common) from a CB Silver Shimmer?

(I remember that I have seen once a person offering a 2nd-gen Pink from a Bronze Shimmer and she/he wanted to have a CB Gold for it, don't know if she/he got it, though...)

Good question. Since the pool of 2G prizefails is very limited, it's probably up to what the CB prize owners want for them. Some people give them away, some people trade them for rares. I'd try to fish one for two CB trios on instinct, but that might not be right, either.

Anyone else got an idea? smile.gif

Can i get 2-3 hatchies if i trade a CB lumina?

Luminas are undeniably commons, so I wouldn't bet on it. Might get one, though, if someone's looking for them and keeps missing them? Or more if someone is feeling generous or doesn't know they're commons, but I figure that's always a given.

In my opinion, no. Luminas are pretty common and I don't see many people looking for them.

What about 2-3 messy hatchies?

What about 2-3 messy hatchies?

If you just need any lineage hatchlings you'd probably better follow the Dragon Cave Community Notice Board, Departures. thread: many people take random eggs from the AP, incubate anche hatch them and the gift the hatchlings there. It's simplier then trying to trade them for a cb lumina

@Mondat Most people abandon shimmerkins so I would just put a post up saying you're looking for them and will breed something or offer a cb rare in return.

@DangerDragon If it's a cb lumina hatchling then yes otherwise probably not unless you're lucky.

A CB gold is very fair. Generally, I'd say a CB silver is a bit too little and a CB gold is a bit too much, but you can get a Neglected when offering a CB silver and you can get a CB gold when offering a Neglected, so it's really being fairly pedantic.

(When it comes to actual rarity... I've been seeing more CB golds in the cave than CB silvers or CB coppers in the past months, but the trade value doesn't seem to be shifting from that CB golds are worth about 1.5 CB silvers, and non-verdigris coppers don't get you a CB gold. smile.gif )

Thanks pinkgothic!

NDs are one of those things I don't see being traded often, so it's hard to get a good grasp on what people want for them.

And I don't mind overpaying a bit at this point -- it's one of the last things I need for my scroll completion xd.png

And I don't mind overpaying a bit at this point -- it's one of the last things I need for my scroll completion xd.png

Since we can't trade in fractional dragons, I don't really consider it overpaying. smile.gif I've traded CB golds for Neglecteds in the near past, as well, and I don't regret it for a second!

I am wondering if there's a market for complete sets of trios - has anyone ever traded that? And in case there is a market for complete sets, what would be a fair trade?

(it's a 2nd gen pb thunder, a 2nd gen magma from shadowwalker and a 3rd gen ice from moonstone x ice checker)

A complete trio set would probably only be an interesting offer either for new players who don't have any trios yet (but usually can't offer much in exchange), or for people who are summoning in vein for more than a year.

So what do you guys think, does it make sense to offer them together? Or should I better split them up?

I am wondering if there's a market for complete sets of trios - has anyone ever traded that? And in case there is a market for complete sets, what would be a fair trade?

(it's a 2nd gen pb thunder, a 2nd gen magma from shadowwalker and a 3rd gen ice from moonstone x ice checker)

A complete trio set would probably only be an interesting offer either for new players who don't have any trios yet (but usually can't offer much in exchange), or for people who are summoning in vein for more than a year.

So what do you guys think, does it make sense to offer them together? Or should I better split them up?

A couple problems are that they're not CB and it -sounds- like you're trying to get something rare in return for them.

I believe it's better for newer players and not the ones who are having troubles summoning. You're best bet is common hatchlings and I'd say 4 for each of them since as you said, "[...]usually can't offer much in exchange[...]". I wouldn't expect a CB Gold Wyvern/CB Unbreedable/CB Blusang for all three.

Good question. Since the pool of 2G prizefails is very limited, it's probably up to what the CB prize owners want for them. Some people give them away, some people trade them for rares. I'd try to fish one for two CB trios on instinct, but that might not be right, either.

Anyone else got an idea? smile.gif

2G prizefails are limited? *looks at her 50+ 2Gs*

I have never paid more than a 2G metal + 4G Shimmer for a 2G prizefail (and that was only because it was a pretty pairing that I really wanted, and the person trading it was my friend, so I didn't mind overpaying a bit). Not even for my 2G from Jewel. I'd say x2 CB Trios is fair, if the Prize is one that's harder to get a fail from, meaning the owner doesn't usually trade them, or something to that extent.

To me, a CB Gold/Silver is waaaaaaaaaay overpriced for a 2G fail. It's not worth it, considering a lot of owners just give fails away for free.

2G prizefails are limited? *looks at her 50+ 2Gs*

Haha, show-off. user posted imagehappy.gif There aren't many people that can breed 2G prizefails, though. smile.gif Though at this point in time, the prizefails are bred more easily than 2G prizes, that much is for sure.

I have never paid more than a 2G metal + 4G Shimmer for a 2G prizefail (and that was only because it was a pretty pairing that I really wanted, and the person trading it was my friend, so I didn't mind overpaying a bit). Not even for my 2G from Jewel. I'd say x2 CB Trios is fair, if the Prize is one that's harder to get a fail from, meaning the owner doesn't usually trade them, or something to that extent.

To me, a CB Gold/Silver is waaaaaaaaaay overpriced for a 2G fail. It's not worth it, considering a lot of owners just give fails away for free.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Nice to know I'm not way off with the trios (I do tend to try to pay the top end of the price so I definitely get what I want... but I've just never wanted a 2G prizefail laugh.gif ). I wasn't sure if I could outright dismiss the notion of CB metallics - it's good to know I can.

Edited by pinkgothic

Going rates for alt black hatchlings are in a constant state of flux. Does anyone know what's considered a fair trade for them right now?

@Mondat Most people abandon shimmerkins so I would just put a post up saying you're looking for them and will breed something or offer a cb rare in return.

I was thinking about writing something in my signature and maybe, hopefully the right - as I need a particular 2nd-gen - CB Silver Shimmer owner will write me. Might be the best way to find out instead of asking people who don't have CB's...

I also have no motivation to spend time catching rares and offering them without getting any replies xd.png

But as I expected, a CB Gold is too much for a 2nd-gen Shimmerkin. People are getting too greedy regarding Prize dragons.

@pinkgothic: much to learn I still have, Meister. Next time I have a question in terms of trades I'll just write you a PM so I don't have to write in bad English here wink.gif

May I have your thoughts about what to get for a CB Red Dorsal? huh.gif I have no clue at all if it's worth anything or not...

What are third gen shimmers going for right now?

A single CB Gold/2 CB Silvers/2 CB Coppers. smile.gif Though If I'm not mistaken, you have a 2g from Jewel so it adds a bit of value into it, IMO. Best thing for you to do is probably say, "offers of CB Metals" and see what you get. wink.gif

May I have your thoughts about what to get for a CB Red Dorsal?  huh.gif I have no clue at all if it's worth anything or not...

Well people usually don't have this on hand so it can be a bit tricky to get. I'd suggest offering up a CB Tan Ridgewing as I see both being a bit of an equal, though I'd say Tans are worth just a liiiiiitle bit more. smile.gif

Edited by Saynna

I was thinking about writing something in my signature and maybe, hopefully the right - as I need a particular 2nd-gen - CB Silver Shimmer owner will write me. Might be the best way to find out instead of asking people who don't have CB's...

I also have no motivation to spend time catching rares and offering them without getting any replies xd.png

But as I expected, a CB Gold is too much for a 2nd-gen Shimmerkin. People are getting too greedy regarding Prize dragons.

@pinkgothic: much to learn I still have, Meister. Next time I have a question in terms of trades I'll just write you a PM so I don't have to write in bad English here wink.gif

In my experience, if you need a particular breed from a CB Shimmer, it would be best to contact owners of that particular color to trade for a specific breeding. (The worst they can say is 'no thank you' smile.gif )

If there's a person on the owner's list that's actually trying to get a shimmer from the same pairing, it would definitely be easier, if not, be prepared to line up ohmy.gif

Personally I don't mind overpaying (e.g. CB Metal) to get my particular fail, but you can try offering other things if you feel it's too expensive. The prices owners request may vary though so be careful about overpaying if you want to avoid that.

I've been working on getting a shimmer instead of a fail but so far, no good D:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7YhZb

3G Shimmers can go for multiple CB Metals (At least 2 for either Gold or Silver), but depending on color and rarity of the line (e.g. Is there an existing line similar to my pair?), the price may go up.

Gold Shimmerscales are definitely worth more than bronzes even if they're the same gen because people perceive Gold as rarer.

Edited by Valeth

@LibbyLishly Alt blacks weren't that valuable before christmas (I believe there was a post on this thread about them a while back) as of right now not many people are breeding them yet you can find blacks in the AP. If you're going for a specific lineage say a purebred or 2nd gen then I would offer a cb trio (I would say blusang but they're getting pretty rare now) for one. If you're not looking for a specific lineage then just offer 2-3 bsa hatchlings. If you're trading away an alt black then that's a bit different since many people like to freeze them and there's a short period of time before the hatchling gets wings, etc. and curled>standing. You're better off just asking for good offers and putting what would be auto.

@Nectaris I agree with Saynna while the value of shimmers lowers after 2nd gen people generally trade various metals for one. Normally I'd say a cb gold is too much but then again I don't have a habit of collecting low gen shimmers/tinsels (too much work), people like jewel, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone offered a cb gold and more metals.

@traumeule A cb tan is considered of equal value. Maybe 2 green opals (idk). They're not too rare since anyone can have a chance of getting them (they tend to sit in the biomes) so I'd recommend just trying your luck instead of trading unless you don't have space.

@Valeth Shoot me a pm when you get a fail sometime. I think one would look good with my dragon.

Edited by Sarah864

In my experience, if you need a particular breed from a CB Shimmer, it would be best to contact owners of that particular color to trade for a specific breeding. (The worst they can say is 'no thank you' smile.gif )

If there's a person on the owner's list that's actually trying to get a shimmer from the same pairing, it would definitely be easier, if not, be prepared to line up ohmy.gif

Personally I don't mind overpaying (e.g. CB Metal) to get my particular fail, but you can try offering other things if you feel it's too expensive. The prices owners request may vary though so be careful about overpaying if you want to avoid that.

I've been working on getting a shimmer instead of a fail but so far, no good D:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7YhZb

Thanks for your input!

I am prepared to wait but it's ok since I only want to have this one Prizekin at the moment. If I win a CB Prize (pfhaha) things might change.

And by the way,

is soooo pretty. Even-gen Shimmers FTW!

I don't care much about stair or spiral lineaged Prizedragons and would not pay CB Metals or Rares overall for them, but HEY for such a perfect checker I might! smile.gif

Hope you can get a Shimmer soon and I say this without envy. I love you for breeding EG! xd.png

Thank you for your help! smile.gif I kinda thought the same - they are not really rare in my opinion.