Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I know it's OT, just wanted to say that THIS is an awesome topic idea. But keep in mind, even if it's not something you think someone will go for, it never hurts to offer it (unless the person has specifically said "I only want this type offered"). I know I've considered things I didn't ask for on some of my trades, I'm sure I'm not alone. smile.gif

The results of my last few trades (that I can remember):

HAD | GOT

3rd gen Gold x Black hatchie (Gold) | 2 CB Black eggs

CB Tan Ridgewing | nothing, it grew up - to be fair, I was being picky. But then I got a PMed offer of a Geode and they asked me to let them know when it gendered. I was considering the trade but the hatchling gendered and grew up while I was unavailable.

2nd Gen Sweetling x Shadow Walker | Nothing, it grew up- First (or second... I think I've tried it once before) attempt to try and trade away a past holiday release. Wasn't sure it would happen since it's a recent release but figured I'd give it a shot. No offer was made, so it grew up and now I have two. smile.gif

Hmm... I don't think that was all I've traded recently, but I haven't really been keeping track. I'll post the results of my current trades once they're finished.

Edited by Khymarea

The results of my last few trades (that I can remember):

-snip-

Okay, I actually like the idea coming from this. Would it be possible to create a thread where people could post their completed/failed [no offer] trades and have it compiled into a list? Or create a form for that that could be filled out with public results? -looks at Google Docs- This could help people glance and judge things... if it's possible.

Well, I thought it was a good idea- But someone else can take the idea and run with it if they want. smile.gif

Edited by Khymarea

I was "gypped", so to speak.

A person on here (not going to name names) was giving out Heartseeker eggs, and he said I could have one, he just needed a two-way trade with a dummy egg. I did that, but the guy never responded. I've been checking the forums everyday, and still nothing.

Now its not on his scroll anymore (it was fogged), and I'm kinda depressed. I really wanted at least 1 CB Heartseeker, and he promised me.

What do you guys think?

(Also sorry if this doesn't belong here.)

I was "gypped", so to speak.

A person on here (not going to name names) was giving out Heartseeker eggs, and he said I could have one, he just needed a two-way trade with a dummy egg. I did that, but the guy never responded. I've been checking the forums everyday, and still nothing.

Now its not on his scroll anymore (it was fogged), and I'm kinda depressed. I really wanted at least 1 CB Heartseeker, and he promised me.

What do you guys think?

(Also sorry if this doesn't belong here.)

If you lost nothing (if I'm reading right you didn't lose anything... sorry, little bit distracted at the mo), it wasn't a gyp. A bit thoughtless, but you weren't ripped off. Not that I mean to sound heartless, but to be honest sometimes that's just how it goes. It was his egg and for whatever reason he chose to give it to someone else and just didn't inform you.

Now, if you had lost something, then that'd be different... nothing you could do, but you'd be rightfully upset. When it comes to trading/gifting, always take promises with a grain of salt.

Edited by Khymarea

If you lost nothing (if I'm reading right you didn't lose anything... sorry, little bit distracted at the mo), it wasn't a gyp. A bit thoughtless, but you weren't ripped off. Not that I mean to sound heartless, but to be honest sometimes that's just how it goes. It was his egg and for whatever reason he chose to give it to someone else and just didn't inform you.

Now, if you had lost something, then that'd be different... nothing you could do, but you'd be rightfully upset. When it comes to trading/gifting, always take promises with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I'll try getting some from the Dragonmarket on Eggs Around The World if I can.

It won't be easy though xd.png

What could I get for a 2nd gen gold? (father is a CB gold, mother is a CB holly)

What about a 2nd gen silver?

And what is a CB gold wyvern worth?

For a 2nd gen gold from holly, it is conceivable that you could charge a CB metallic or multiple CB NDs, if someone is especially looking for that lineage or enamored of it. Otherwise... not much different from any other 2nd gen goldXrare. As a particular note, I know someone who is looking for that exact thing and would offer a 2nd gen tinsel for it-- however, you'd have to ask that person to be certain.

2nd gen silver from holly would be the same, only I don't know of anyone looking for it who might inflate the value. xd.png

CB gold wyvern has a variable worth-- someone was offering a CB black for one earlier today, but yesterday saw someone with a gold wyvern to trade and no offers. There are already a couple armies out there, but right now it counts as just a popular new thing... people like the sprite, but most people only want their couple and then are done, and won't pay much for it.

I hope that helps some. I know it's not particularly specific; sorry for that. x_x

Here's a good question, but it's not because I'm trading one-

What would you give for a CB Black? 2 CB Blacks? More?

I'm finding a lot of people doing "I have 2 CB Blacks, I'd like a 2nd gen Metal and nothing else". Whereas I'm thinking that's a bit silly.

Another thing I think is a bit silly is someone offering up x4 eggs for one low gen metal. I dislike any offer consisting of more than 2 eggs tops, personally (unless I've asked for more)... Multiple hatchlings might be a different story, depending on how close they are to growing up/how many I currently have.

Hm, didn't check if this has been asked yet. *goes to look*

Edited by Khymarea

I personally might offer you multiple common hatchlings for a messy-lineaged Metal.

My latest trade:

HAD | GOT

CB Black egg | 2nd gen PB Alt Black

CB Golden Wyvern egg | 2nd gen PB Alt Black

Edited by Khymarea

Is the price of a cb gold or silver nothing else except an astronomical amount of NDs?

But no one is willing to teach me ND science sad.gif

Here's a good question, but it's not because I'm trading one-

What would you give for a CB Black? 2 CB Blacks? More?

I had my last CB Black in a trade for a CB pink

While I tried to offer a 5th gen gold tinsel, a 4th even gen pb alt black and a 2nd gen pb black for another one but had no success.

My current unsuccessfull trade is a 2nd gen pb regular vine hatchling: I was hoping it to worth at least a random lineage red or a specific 2nd gen common egg but had no offers, and I'll probably end up gifting.

Is it just me or are we starting to see more Black alts showing up in the Trade threads?

@SnowSherry - I know! I've tried doing a little research and even asking in one of the neglected how-to sites, but it was like shouting down a well. No response, no answer. So I know what you're talking about.

Is the price of a cb gold or silver nothing else except an astronomical amount of NDs?

But no one is willing to teach me ND science sad.gif

I have a CB Silver and I'm seriously considering just one ND for it. NDs are rarer than CB metals, I think (strangely, I have seen a LOT more CB metals lately than I normally do), and it is a fair trade.

MY trade question. What does it take to get a CB Stripe these days? I had a friend say they were the same value/rarity of a CB metal. I just...don't believe that somehow. Used to, it was 1:1 with CB Nebs or CB blacks, now I can't beg any one to trade me a CB Stripe for those. I did have someone offering ONE CB Stripe in exchange for 4+ CB blacks. Somehow, I do not think that is fair unless they increased the rarity of CB Stripes.

I think that some are asking way too much and are ridiculous in their "prices." I have caught 6 CB Blacks and 4 CB Stripes in the last week, gifted 2 of them away. I would never consider giving that many for a CB Metal. I have caught 4 CB Silvers and 1 CB Gold, and they are the worst breeders I own. The lineaged ones breed better. I've seen some people asking for 8 CB hatchies for a low-gen metal. ohmy.gif

I would consider a CB Trio, CB Black and a CB Stripe at the same price. As for the CB Metals and ND's, maybe 2-3 of those, no more. I'd rather make my own or go without, they aren't that important. *shrugs*

IMO stripes are far from equaling a CB metallic, people just like them because they're good for lineage making. I see them as 1:1 with CB blacks but not really CB nebulas I would say 2 cb nebulas for 1 cb stripe. Your best bet is too trade them hatchling CBs though since it wouldn't egg lock them and makes your offer that much more tempting.

If I had a bronze tinsel, messy but not inbred, what would I get for it?

Same for the silver.

What if I traded both?

If I had a bronze tinsel, messy but not inbred, what would I get for it?

Same for the silver.

What if I traded both?

I think tinsels are not worth very much now, unless they are very low gen of from rare lines.

For your tinsels, since they are hatchlings, you may get a cb common hatchie or a random lineage BSA hatchling each if someone is looking for tinsels to freeze.

It depends on the person... the imperfection in the stair will affect its trade value, because it will affect the trade value of its progeny. I might offer you some common/BSA hatchlings for it if I was looking for a lower gen Tinsel. If it was a "perfect" stair, I might offer you BSA hatchies/CB Black. But I'm not looking for the line, someone who is might give you more.

I believe the increase in Metals and Alts is due to the general increase in dragons from the past couple of holidays, but for all I know there's been numbers tweaked behind the scenes. Either way, I'm not complaining...

Also, I think Stripes are harder to come by because no one hunts in the Forest... for some reason there's always like 10-30 people in the Alpine and Desert biomes but like 1-10 in the Forest, and when there's 5 people you're left waiting around forever for someone to bite the bullet and pull that cave blocker. At least when I've been hunting, anyway.

Also, I LOVE how crazy the trading threads are getting as a result of all these new breedings! But people are also wanting crazy things for what they've bred. I think people need to keep in mind that the "cost" will go down as what they've bred/caught becomes more common.

Edited by Khymarea

I caught a SECOND CB silver...so what do ya'll THINK I could possibly get for two CB Silvers? I'm wanting a 2nd gen tinsel (either up front or low on the IOU list) but 2nd gen tinsels seem REALLY hard to get these days. Just curious what I could ask for my 2 CB Silvers (one is a male hatchie), the other a fresh caught egg.

^You can get 1 or 2 neglecteds depending if that person wants a CB silver over a CB gold at the time, since I know you like cb stripes you could probably get 3-5 for each silver.

But who is going to have that many Stripes at once? There's another thing to think about. If you ask for that many Stripes you'll probably be waiting for awhile. smile.gif

I think a CB Metal will probably get you whatever you want.