TJ09

2010-12-27 -Tree Decorating Event

This should be an interesting contest. Hope everyone has fun with it. smile.gif

Can't wait to see what these "Variants" are..... smile.gif

I saw someone ask earlier if the custom codes also apply to the prize dragons. I want to knowwww -would love to get a prize dragon with a certain code-

Cool! So people will vote on everyone else's. Wouldn't that make it unfair though, with people voting lower on people's so their score can be higher?

Considering how many people are likely to be entering, I can see something petty like this seriously backfiring.

Though it does raise the question: will people be able to vote on their own tree? I mean, could it possibly come up in the group of those to be judged? Or will it be like Descriptions, in that you can't "vote" on your own? Just curious. happy.gif

I can only say: wow, wow, wow, wow! laugh.giflaugh.gif

I have just a question about voting (sorry if it has already been asked)

•From the 8th until midnight on the 15th (exactly 7 days), users will be able to rate trees (on a scale of 1-10) anonymously. Users may rate as many trees as they wish, but each user will only be able to vote on any given tree once.

How will it work? Will I have to go to X X X scroll, click on his/her tree and rate it? Or there will be an option on each scroll like "rate a random and anonymous tree" ?

Edited by Iside

Well well well...I'm totally gonna get myself one of those 'gold' variants, even though silver looks so much better on me.

squeeeee excited. smile.gif

My tree is currently a smiley face with a beard. Just for fun. Yay!

And I think voting will go smoothly. Even if a bunch of people vote every tree a '1', there will be people who vote honestly, so it'll work out. I think/hope. happy.gif

Thanks TJ09, but actually, I have a question.

First, while I can expect a good portion of the dc population to be levelheaded and rate a tree normally and appropriately, you KNOW there is always that couple of people who ARE going to do it and rate others down.

Also, something worries me. Reading this: "After user voting is over, the top 200 will become finalists and from those, I will pick 5 first place winners, 10 second place winners, 15 third place winners, and 20 honorable mentions.", I assume that to make it to the top 200, you'll need [positive] votes. So what if you submit it last moment (which is understandable for the people who are busy, can't always log on, or came back from vacation only to find this event going on and do it last moment)? Will that mean the ones who have posted at the most possible earliest date have more of a chance at winning?

(Cuz frankly, I want to submit my idea around the time of the last few days, because I don't want anyone seeing it and copying the idea. tongue.gif )

(YESH I AMZ PARANOID D<)

Edited by Xythus

Rrrrrrrh.... must get an honorable mention AT LEAST!!!! I've been trying to summon a GoN forever... THOUGH IMMA GO FOR A HOLLY!!!!! xd.png

on the other hand... one of the Epic Prize dragons would be nice too... But overall... 50 users out of 2000+... yeesh.

Also, will it be a popularity contest (posting the tree different places and asking people to rate your tree), or just a random rating contest (You don't see the scrollname of the tree)?

sad.gif

This makes me sad. My tree will probably get a horrible rating because I am so bad at being creative or decorative. At least it's good for the more creative and artistic people. Oh well...

Oh I forgot *leaves plate of cookies for TJ* Thanks!!! sounds like fun. Going to TRY and win. Hope everyone loves their tree and votes honestly smile.gif Have fun!

@Jaako- TJ said it will have a scroll name next to it sad.gif

Which kind of makes me sad, but whatever. It's a cool contest, and we might as well have fun

Edited by funny12321

First, while I can expect a good portion of the dc population to be levelheaded and rate a tree normally and appropriately, you KNOW there is always that couple of people who ARE going to do it and rate others down.

Also, something worries me. Reading this: "After user voting is over, the top 200 will become finalists and from those, I will pick 5 first place winners, 10 second place winners, 15 third place winners, and 20 honorable mentions.", I assume that to make it to the top 200, you'll need [positive] votes. So what if you submit it last moment (which is understandable for the people who are busy, can't always log on, or came back from vacation only to find this event going on and do it last moment)? Will that mean the ones who have posted at the most possible earliest date have more of a chance at winning?

(Cuz frankly, I want to submit my idea around the time of the last few days, because I don't want anyone seeing it and copying the idea. tongue.gif )

(YESH I AMZ PARANOID D<)

No one will be able to view your tree until after submissions are closed, and voting begins after submissions are closed. So there's no such thing as submitting at the last minute, nor would there be much benefit.

(YESH I AMZ PARANOID D<)

I asked this two pages back, without an answer.

EDIT: The 6th and 7th are for setting tree up, 8th is when voting begins.

Edited by Fancypants

I dont think people can copy. As voting doesnt happen untill after the submissions are done

(YESH I AMZ PARANOID D<)

Entry ends on the 7th, and voting starts on the 8th, so people won't be able to see your tree until voting starts is how I understand it. Everyone who enters will get the same amount of voting time as anyone else.

I'm going into this for the fun of it, and honestly, I don't expect to win a thing, and that's fine. smile.gif I'm happy with the dragon's I have. I will be honest in voting...if I see a truely awesome tree, one that someone obviously put a lot of thought and consideration into, then of course they'll get a high vote! How it should be...

Nice, I'll probably just be chucking up on ornaments until the sixth and then will start thinking about what I want to make out of my tree. x3

No one will be able to view your tree until after submissions are closed, and voting begins after submissions are closed. So there's no such thing as submitting at the last minute, nor would there be much benefit.

oh Derp, looks like I can't read. Thanks TJ and the multiple responses guys!

In that case, good luck everyone!

You can need old pink for prize?

Can I will advertise your tree? For example, "Vote for my tree!"

Edited by Toksiq

I have a question

users will be able to rate trees (on a scale of 1-10) anonymously this is from TJ's post.

I took this to mean the voters are anonymous but, what about the tree's? Is it possible to have the trees' people vote on also be anonymous for fairness? What I mean is we will be able to see the tree's but, not who the tree's belong to.

Can the new rare dragons eggs be gifted or are they limited to the winners scroll?

Thank you

kayla

Edit darn spelling

Edited by kayla

[*]From the 8th until midnight on the 15th (exactly 7 days), users will be able to rate trees (on a scale of 1-10) anonymously. Users may rate as many trees as they wish, but each user will only be able to vote on any given tree once.

How do you make sure that every tree receives the same number of votes? Like, every tree is voted on three times. Or is every tree voted on once in total?

Wow, that's awesome!

I don't expect to win, but that's cool! I'm gonna participate biggrin.gif