kadoatie

Do you have a Dorkface? (v2)

10 minutes ago, tyto_alba said:

Is this really a 2g Dorkface? 

https://dragcave.net/view/oaJIx

The egg looks like a 2G Dorkface to me. That’s amazing, congrats! 

Edit: The Dorkface wiki seems to link to two different dragons, so I’m not so sure anymore. That’s strange because the parents have the same exact names. Perhaps there’s an extra space hidden in the name somewhere?

Edited by Rhikasa

29 minutes ago, Rhikasa said:

The egg looks like a 2G Dorkface to me. That’s amazing, congrats! 

Edit: The Dorkface wiki seems to link to two different dragons, so I’m not so sure anymore. That’s strange because the parents have the same exact names. Perhaps there’s an extra space hidden in the name somewhere?

That's what I was wondering because I have descendants from other Dorkfaces and the names of the original pairs look the exact same. I'd be a little disappointed if this wasn't a true Dorkface.

1 hour ago, Rhikasa said:

@tyto_alba I'm afraid someone is creating fakes. The names look the same but those dragons are much newer than the Dorkfaces. Both Midas and Shally in that lineage were stolen in 2020! and also the codes are wrong. So definitely not the originals. Sorry! :(

Edit: I see what they did. They used an upper case i instead of a lower case L in "Original". Tricky, because then the spacing doesn't really change. I had to click back and forth between the two Midases a lot of times to catch it.

Edited by purplehaze

Does anybody have any idea about how many Dorkface descendants exist? I know I saw a count some years ago but it would be interesting to see if there was a current total.

I'm not currently collecting any but have 44 here, including my 2 Split Dorkfaces:

https://dragcave.net/group/164992

On 6/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, dragongrrl said:

Does anybody have any idea about how many Dorkface descendants exist? I know I saw a count some years ago but it would be interesting to see if there was a current total.

I'm not currently collecting any but have 44 here, including my 2 Split Dorkfaces:

https://dragcave.net/group/164992

No idea, I have a 2g descendant and I breed my line when I remember. XD   And I'm sorry to tell you but I don't see how Split Dorkfaces are possible, they can't breed with two-headeds. There's a CB in your group too. 

@Chaosdawn: I'm surprised that you don't know the sad story of Kemen Narie Loki and Istelen Dorkface Uruloki. If you check Kemen's description, the story is told there. It was a glitch breeding between the Split and a Silver dragon. She shows as deceased in her Split descendants' lineages.

As for a CB in my group, I just identified it. I think it was a nameholder, and I need to see what happened to the dragon the name was intended for.

Edited by dragongrrl

20 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

@Chaosdawn: I'm surprised that you don't know the sad story of Kemen Narie Loki and Istelen Dorkface Uruloki. If you check Kemen's description, the story is told there. It was a glitch breeding between the Split and a Silver dragon. She shows as deceased in her Split descendants' lineages.

No, I hadn't heard of that! I'd been gone for a few years, I must have missed or forgotten it. How cool but sad. I don't suppose you breed him? =o

1 hour ago, Chaosdawn said:

No, I hadn't heard of that! I'd been gone for a few years, I must have missed or forgotten it. How cool but sad. I don't suppose you breed him? =o

I can breed Isildur for you, a son of Silmarillion, but he was a very special gift and I would ask that he and his offspring only be ever bred as gifts, never for trade.

I looked up Istelen, and she and Silmarillion both tell their part of the tragic story in their descriptions. Thank you for reminding me about them and their tale from the ancient days in the Cave.

8 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

I can breed Isildur for you, a son of Silmarillion, but he was a very special gift and I would ask that he and his offspring only be ever bred as gifts, never for trade.

I looked up Istelen, and she and Silmarillion both tell their part of the tragic story in their descriptions. Thank you for reminding me about them and their tale from the ancient days in the Cave.

It is a very sweet and sad story. I would love an egg and I can promise that I would only breed for myself or gifts. I don't really trade much and I understand how special the line is. ^.^

24 minutes ago, dragongrrl said:

I just tried them and got no egg but poke me and I'll keep trying. ❤️

Thank you! ❤️

34 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@Chaosdawn I would love to have an egg from your G2 sometime.

Absolutely! PM me anytime. 

On 5/24/2021 at 10:00 PM, purplehaze said:

Edit: I see what they did. They used an upper case i instead of a lower case L in "Original". Tricky, because then the spacing doesn't really change. I had to click back and forth between the two Midases a lot of times to catch it.

Very interesting.  Thanks for posting this, purplehaze.  I recently found Riva Mae Dorkfake and knew something was not on the up and up with it. The original dates were wrong, the original owner was different, but I just couldn't see the difference in the names.   Why would anyone do something like that?  🥴  Well, I was thinking about killing her for zombie fodder, but she's still a lovely White dragon, so I'll just add her to my EMT corps where she will have a good life  tending to sick hatchlings and eggs and helping to look after my dear Neglected dragon.  :D

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I love what you named her!

Thanks, purplehaze, but I can't take credit for thinking the "Dorkfake" name up.  If you look at Midas's children, you will see that two other people have used it already.  I just thought it was too good to pass up the chance to use it again.  :D

5 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

I recently found Riva Mae Dorkfake and knew something was not on the up and up with it. The original dates were wrong, the original owner was different, but I just couldn't see the difference in the names. 

Great name! I almost kept that one when I found it in the AP but then decided not to. Glad it found a good home!