solaflar3

Snow

I hate driving in snow, so I lost 3 hours of work this week.

I have the weekend off so we will get a ton of snow; I think we are expecting 6" or so.

I love snow. Where I live got hit by a snow storm February 2011 and gave us 2 feet of it wub.gif It was so much fun. Snow drifts in other areas were higher and jdkfhksjd was so much fun to sprint at it and jump into it. Havent gotten much snow this year. Apparently we got an inch or two today while I was asleep but you can't really tell :c Hoping for another random burst of snow before spring rolls around.

I'm going to Florida in 2 weeks and that's probably when snow will happen T-T I'll miss it all.

Edited by EmoDuck598

It finally snowed here today! Different parts of UK get varying amounts of snow and if the BBC is to be believed, some parts down south got snow before the north of England did.

I love snow from a distance. When I'm inside, I'm praying the snow will keep settling but as soon as I'm outside, I'm ready for spring.

^^

Same, but then, it makes sense, since I live in the UK too...

Been waiting ALL YEAR (Which isn't that long, actually...) for snow o.o

I want it to stay, partly so I have a white birthday...

I hate the snow.. give me warm weather!!

This ^

Missed school today because of snow. Just a day we'll have to make up later in the year.

As a child, I loved snow. Didn't know why the heck all the adults were grumbling about it.

Now I know exactly why and grumble too.

It's cold here (for Texans anyway) but around 39 degrees and no snow. We had a snow on Christmas once, it only covered like less than an inch but it was still awesome, since it was a White Christmas!

I've never been snowboarding or skiing or any of those snow activities. Sure would like to try, though.

Snow is beautiful, and fun...when you don't have to scrape it off your car in the mornings, or deal with the closed schools/work.

I love snow overall though. The inconveniences are minor compared to the beauty of it.

I like winter and I love snow.

I just wish that more of it would come. It seems like we barely have any at the moment.

Two inches of snow, and suddenly it takes five hours to drive three miles. Seriously England, grow up. I managed to cycle to work and it took me just over 20min rather than just under 20min, so not really any great deal to worry about.

Two inches of snow, and suddenly it takes five hours to drive three miles. Seriously England, grow up. I managed to cycle to work and it took me just over 20min rather than just under 20min, so not really any great deal to worry about.

Ah, Kestra, you forget - half the country forgets how to drive when it's raining, let alone when there is snow!

Ah, Kestra, you forget - half the country forgets how to drive when it's raining, let alone when there is snow!

Who said they're able to drive during a drunk night out? tongue.gif

/inb4 poor joke comments because homework brainwashes my humour

Finally snowing a little this afternoon, and we have a yellow warning for snow tomorrow. Hopefully I'll miss school... God knows how much I detest the lessons I have tomorrow.

Some snow pics for those who don't see it or don't get this amount tongue.gif It started snowing last Saturday night...and hasn't stopped. We've seen a little blue sky today, but it's still snowing. We're in Southern Ontario on the shores of Lake Huron.

edit: Just to give you an idea...I'm 5' tall and those benches come up to my knees when there IS no snow, lol.

There are two park benches in there somewhere...

user posted image

Front view of the parkette, where the benches are sitting.

user posted image

The municipal parking lot behind our apartment building. My BF had already dug out the car yesterday, so that he could do some errands, and this is what it looks like today xd.png

user posted image

Edited by CDM

we have a yellow warning for snow tomorrow.

For a second I read "we have a yellow snow warning..." Gave me a good laugh.

I only like snow when I don't have to go anywhere, and only freshly fallen snow at that. Otherwise it's all slushy and dirty and blechhh. Now that I have to drive in it though, I don't like it as much.

I love snow. My parents keep saying once I get my license that will change but I really doubt it.

just drive REEEEEEAALLLYY slooooowwwlyyy.

_________________________________________________--

The thing about snow is, I love it until you introduce people into the equation to trample it to ice and slush, and throw it at you.

For a second I read "we have a yellow snow warning..." Gave me a good laugh.

But we do have a yellow snow warning! D:

(sorry, I had to get a good laugh out of this too!)

user posted image

... hey, it was MS paint and done by a mouse whilst I had the giggles...

Sorry. I'm hyper when I eat oranges (which is actually true).

CDM, nice pictures, unfortunately Britain doesn't have as much as you :c

Edited by cfmtfm

On Thursday we had a major icestorm. I thought when the meteorologist said there would be freezing rain he was joking. But when I woke up there was 3" of ice on my Lincoln's windshield. Took me 20 minutes to scrape it well enough to drive. Got to school late. Only 2 school districts were open, mine and my cousins. Funny that the rest of Idaho was shut down but we had to go. A kid at my school broke his leg, and another girl cracked her skull. But it was safe to go to school (sarcasm)

Now the roads are ice and my lawn is a skating rink. I stepped down outside from the porch and slid like 10 feet. It's like curling, except for you are the stone!

So today, in Missouri, it is 71 F. Yep, January, 71 degrees on monday.

Wednesday night we have snow in the forecast, with a low of 6 degrees. I don't even, I mean, what?

I hope it's a good amount of snow, I miss it~

All of our snow is turning into mush! It got to 1C today and it's supposed to be up to 10C on Wednesday huh.gif Thursday it's supposed to go into the minuses again. Going to be pretty icy when all of that water freezes!

Some of our roads are actually flooded, because of the melting snow, and we had water dripping down the exhaust fan for our stove. Actually had to put a container on top of the stove, just to catch all of the drips.

Edited by CDM