solaflar3

Snow

I live in northeastern Europe and we have really unpredictable weather here. Last winter, we had loads and loads of snow, about one meter? I dunno how much but it was a lot.

This winter? Nothing. For God's sake flowers are blooming! In the middle of winter because it has hardly fallen below 0 Celsius! Spring flowers are blooming!

And snow? What snow? There is no snow. In the middle of winter, there is no snow! Not that I terribly want snow, I'd have to ski in school, if there were any snow. But still! The Christmas were green here. Literally.

LOL, I just noticed, it's snowing outside. xd.png

I live in northeastern Europe and we have really unpredictable weather here. Last winter, we had loads and loads of snow, about one meter? I dunno how much but it was a lot.

Most years where I am we get a meter minimum, sometimes up to two, but this year we don't have anything, it just rained and wiped out what little we had.

Moving closer to the equator --> no snow. Well, there was a little bit at Death Valley when I went there this week, but not anything that would require snow chains. tongue.gif It's not as if I got any snow up at Portland, anyways - every winter I would hope for a massive snowstorm that would cancel school for 2 weeks like it did in 2004, but usually we just got rain. T_T

It snowed here, once, way back in the 70s. This is not a country where it snows!

I had plenty of snow when I was back in Canada in January - March 2009, had to relearn how to drive in it. I can't say I miss the cold weather at all.

There was one day that we had likely hardly an inch of snow, but it did not last very long due to the somewhat warm weather. Aside from that hardly seen any at all when the weather forecast called for a day of snow. Love it on Christmas, but other than that....eh...

I've never seen snow before. I really want to, because apparently it's quite interesting.

Snow is lovely, until the 2nd day of shovelling the drive-way out or clearing off the car laugh.gif

Snow is lovely, until the 2nd day of shovelling the drive-way out or clearing off the car laugh.gif

A while ago here in Georgia, there was a lot of snow, and no one had any snow shovels. We had to shovel snow off the driveway with some inflatable raft oars we had. wacko.gif

I want snow again. I love snow. To bad I can still get away with wearing short sleeve shirts in the middle of November. (But then again this is Georgia. xd.png)

Edited by SilverX7Studios

Never seen snow before, I live in a desert surrounded by sea. We never get rain (Except for the times we get hurricanes ), so snow it's out of the question here.

We had snow for halloween and it snowed today but it didn't hang around. Where I come from one can have snow from October - April or so. It gets cold enough where I live usually once it snows it just stays there until spring when it all melts.

We're actually getting more then I expected. Ugh...It's not even Thanksgiving yet.... :/

I looooove snow. But it doesn't snow where I live except in extremely extremely rare occasions, and even then it doesn't last long (it snowed for a bit several years ago, for the first time in ages.)

What does snow actually feel like? I'm curious.....

Cold and wet laugh.gif

There's pretty, powdery snow, there's crunchy snow (that is snow with a layer of ice,) and there is slushy snow. But, basically, if you touch it, it's just extremely cold...and wet. It looks different, but it's all just snow.

Edited by CDM

Tazzay, take a hand full of ice cubes and put it in a bag. then crunch it up until its almost powder. snow!

What does snow actually feel like? I'm curious.....

Powdery snow is lovely. It feels soft and is not actually cold or wet until you've touched it for a moment and it starts to melt in your body heat.

If you grab a fistful and press it between your hands, it will become really hard and condensed, ice basically. That can quickly become a problem during snowball fights wink.gif

The crunchy snow is icy cold and the ice on top is so hard that it can scratch or break your skin.

Slushy snow is disgusting. That's all I have to say about it xd.png

I don't like snow all that much, hard to like something that tends to start here in September/October and doesn't completely melt until May/June xd.png.

Do not forget slushy too when it rains.

As much that I do not mind snow happen dislike it when it gets all mushy.