solaflar3

Snow

I've never seen snow, never touched it, nothing. Hello - I live in Florida and the first time I ever left the state was a couple weeks ago. We drove up to South Carolina for a few days and then came back, and while we were there the low was 40-something degrees, so we didn't get to see snow there. But yeah, I have never had the fortune-or-misfortune of seeing real snow. :/

Usually on the first day the snow is nice and soft, but in the next day it gets thin layer of ice at the top.

Hrm, I've never seen snow before. >: curse you, southern climate Still, I've been everywhere in The States more than thrice, but never when it's cold. Disappointing. D:

I live in the worst place in the states to have weather. We never get snow, and if we do it doesn't stick.But it never stays at all and stuff. The last time we got snow was a year or so ago.

We finally got our first snow that stuck. I'm hoping it stays until Christmas. It's weird, usually I don't like snow that much, but it feels even weirder not having any snow until now. And it's nice not having to go anywhere while it's snowing hard...

I'd totally switch places with those who have no snow. It's cold and wet stuff and when it snows, it sticks to clothes and then you're all wet when you come inside = annoying as heck. xd.png I've never been one for winter sports, either, my brother and dad are the skiing fans here.

What I hate a lot more is ice on the sidewalks, though. Especially that kind of invisible ice that is covered with snow and you don't notice it until you've slipped on it. Or when people slide on the sidewalk ice on purpose. Kids do it on the way to my school canteen and so it's slippery and near impossible to cross without breaking a bone >.<

I don't love snow, and I get tired of the cold weather quickly...but it isn't Christmas without it. It snowed today and so far it's sticking...but otherwise, we haven't gotten very much snow where I live yet (and this is Michigan for god's sake).

Edited by Alpha Gryph

Okay, I love snow from the inside. It's pretty, and fun to play in. But it's cold, wet, and hard to shovel. I could live without it.

I have mixed feelings about snow, i dont mind it if is around, as long as it is not melting the next day as all around it makes nothing but big mess, and i dont like to showel it around. But if in thin moment 2 meters of snow wuld fall, and than it wuld get cold enough so it wuld not melt i wuld not care, actualy i wuld love it. Altho we will have a white christmas, i still wish for past to return as those were proper hollydays as they shuld be in an area where we shuld get snow.

And i belive that Christmas shuld look like this, lots of snow and still snow falling when you wake up on Christmas morning.

user posted imageuser posted image

We've only had flurries here, and they didn't accumulate at all.

The weather here's been unusually warm, though. The day before we had those flurries the temperature was up in the 60s and I was sleeping with my window open. At the same time last year we were freezing our butts off.

Only had a light sprinkle of snow so far sad.gif

Does anyone want to send some? wub.gif

Here, have some Minnesotan snow that seems intent on barricading us into our houses every year for weeks at a time. wink.gif

I love snow. Very much. I love to sled, ice skate, ski...

We got like four inches a couple days ago, but it's mostly melted now. Snow come back. BE WHITE FOR CHRISTMAS

I adore the snow and the cold. Without it, it's just sorta.. cold and you can't do anything D:

We had almost no snow until 3 days ago, where we got part of that winter storm that the States got. Now it looks like a proper winter - snowbanks up to my chest and you can't see any ground. It was an overnight transformation - it was brilliant!

I like snow quite much. So I'm very happy that we actually got a real winter over here in Sweden this year. Where I live it has been almost 60 cm snow since early December, and right now it's snowing even more. (:

Hey, guess what? No snow. Still no snow. Just rain. I just love the English weather...

Now, when was the last time we had a white Christmas?

We had deep snow and -10C for ~2 weeks, and now overnight it turned above freezing temperature, so right now it's all melting epically.

It is snowing right now! This is my FIRST WHITE CHRISTMAS EVER! It has NEVER snowed on Christmas Day for me before(I live in east Texas, snow is rare here).

I'm 17 and I can't stand snow. Haven't been able to stand snow since the 2009 ice storm. (I live in Western Kentucky. Snow makes everything difficult to manage, plus I hate cold.)

Sorry to be a grump, but snow and icy roads are just bothersome. ;w;

I'm another non-snow-lover. We get snow and ice every winter here. It makes driving a hazard and the de-icer that the city puts on the roads makes our cars filthy. Plus, a lot of people simply don't know how to drive in the snow and they wind up getting into accidents because they were driving too fast.

We've had a couple of really bad winters in a row. One storm was so bad my dad high-centered a SUBARU.

Fresh, clean snow is really pretty though. And I used to love playing in it. But now that I have to deal with the uglier side of it, it sort of lost it's charm.

Edited by Jackal

I hate snow and cold. I live in North Texas, so I usually don't have to suffer it too much.

But it snowed today! I'm visiting family in Mississippi, but I checked the security cameras from home on my computer feed and there's a surprising amount of it piling up. My herd of horses must be cold, good thing I'm going back tomorrow.

Horses in the snow are so cute. smile.gif That's the only good side to freezing weather.

EDIT: NORTH Texas. I live in NORTH Texas. IDK why I said East. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Dimar

I live in central Florida, I've only ever seen snow in pictures/on TV.

However, I'm going to North Carolina the first weekend in February, so maybe I'll get to see some!

I like snow to an extent. You see, we live in Georgia. Our weather's bipolar. Last year, we practically had no winter. The year before that, it snowed six inches of snow. Everyone flipped, naturally. This year, it's rainy and cold and icky.

So yes, snow tends to be a rarity. But when it happens, everyone flips the freaking hell out. This, along with my utter intolerance for cold, means I have a love/hate relationship with it.