TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

i'm just sitting here going ohmy.gif

yay

bleh i really one an s1 yulebuck, anychance of a 3 limit for holidays *wink wink*

Scroll Pages

[*] Each user sets how many dragons they wish to view per-page.

Wait, do we just go through our scroll via clicking the page number or can we actually sort our dragons into different maybe-labeled pages? Like on Magistream.

Probably obvious to everyone else but I just want to make sure I have the right idea.

O.o

You're right, pinching might be in order!! biggrin.gif

[edit]

Once a pair has refused, it will cease to show up on the breeding page.

Amen!! This will save much frustration!!

Edited by egwenna

Wait, do we just go through our scroll via clicking the page number or can we actually sort our dragons into different maybe-labeled pages? Like on Magistream.

Probably obvious to everyone else but I just want to make sure I have the right idea.

You can change it to have x number of dragons on each page. IIRC, the sort page looks the same, so you may have to do some number math to put what you want on each page. Then on your scroll you can go from page one to two to whatever.

Hope that answered that. x3

I think my jaw dropped farther and farther with each thing I read. Simply amazing. And I can't wait to see these all happen. Thank you, thank, thank you!

Wonderful news. I'm looking forward to all the changes. smile.gif Thanks, TJ.

Woah awesome~

Can't wait till you're done coding it and stuff~

And a day later, the site will crash. D:

The coding is finished, they're just testing it (first post)

Awesome on So many levels!

Question though: the new limit--

Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

So... that means 4 eggs from the entrance, 4 hatchlings and... how do you get the other 4? You can breed four times and keep the eggs or. blink.gif I'm really slow when it comes to things like this. sad.gif

Whoa! Unbelievable!

Looks like I am going to have to learn how to play the game all over again! xd.png

For the most part they look like great changes. Thank you TJ for listening to us! wub.gif

Awesome on So many levels!

Question though: the new limit--

So... that means 4 eggs from the entrance, 4 hatchlings and... how do you get the other 4? You can breed four times and keep the eggs or. blink.gif I'm really slow when it comes to things like this. sad.gif

Say you grab four eggs and breed a fifth and they all hatch. You can now grab four new eggs (and I think breed another one) and all those could hatch, giving you 10 hatchlings with room to still grab some eggs.

The limit's set so you can basically grab new eggs as soon as they hatch now, instead of as soon as they grow up. ;3

Say you grab four eggs and breed a fifth and they all hatch. You can now grab four new eggs (and I think breed another one) and all those could hatch, giving you 10 hatchlings with room to still grab some eggs.

The limit's set so you can basically grab new eggs as soon as they hatch now, instead of as soon as they grow up. ;3

Thank you for the clarification! I'm really slow when it comes to things like this! I'll probably have to read through a few times to fully comprehend. unsure.gif

THANKS AGAIN TJ AND EVERYONE WHO WORKED TO MAKE THESE CHANGES!

*faints*

Those changes are amazing. Teleport! Fertility! Higher egg limits! Whoo! biggrin.gif

Edit for my manners: Thank you!

Edit the second: Biomes sound very interesting. I can't wait to see how they work!

Edited by Danne

biggrin.gif

awesome....

TJ make these work Teloport would be SO cool! and YAY pb rares again *does happy dance*

maybe by Christmas? *ponders thought*

You'd be the best "Santa" ever xd.png

OMG! THANK YOU TJ!! I do have some questions though.

Egg/Hatchling Limits

[*] Changing to 4 eggs / 12 total, regardless of whether or not you're breeding, grabbing from cave, or whatnot.

[*] With a bronze badge, the limit goes up to 5 eggs/15 total

[*] Silver badge, 6 eggs/18 total

[*] Gold badge, 7 eggs/21 total

Just to clarify, what this means is that if I have a silver badge, I can have a maximum of 6 eggs, but I could have 12 hatchlings, right? Or I could have 18 hatchlings. But I could not have 18 eggs. Am I understanding this right?

*nvm Sock seems to have already answered this question before I finished posting.

[*] Rares will show up in all biomes.

Any chance you'd be willing to reconsider this one? I'd hate to miss out on a CB silver because it appears down by the river while I'm hunting on the mountain...rares are pretty hard to get anyway and something about rares being able to appear anywhere just feels wrong.

Also, what are the implications of this for the eggs with the shared descriptions? I have always disliked having the same description for more than one egg (except in the case of the Dorsals and Ridgewings, in their case I think it makes sense). Is it possible we might see CB Stripes and CB Spitfires appearing in completely different areas? Or take CB Pinks and Flamingoes for example. I imagine the flamingoes would be at the water biome whereas the pinks would be somewhere else, which would make it a lot less irritating for someone who is trying to get a CB pink--won't have to be stuck with flamingoes over and over again for hours.

Edited by Renorei

Something else occurred to me.... how many biomes are we getting? Where are certain dragons going to be sorted? Or, you know, just to shut me up, is it all going to be updated on the Wiki?

Heh, Renorei just asked my question for me, with better details. ninja.gif

Edited by Amut un Rama

WOW!

This is gunna be AWESOME!!!!!!

Well, more awesome than it is now.

Will uncommons be like rares and show up in all bionoms?

Cause, you know, I gotta have my cheeses.

DC is now going to be way too much fun, I'll never get any house work done tongue.gif

wonder how long it will take me to get locked blink.gif

21 hatchlings hmmm

now I really need a CB gold male rolleyes.gif

Edited by dragonpuck