TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

These all sound absolutely amazing!!! biggrin.gif Thanks so much for letting us know !!! happy.gif

And one more question about Teleporting, and also about held eggs. The biggest reason why I'm looking forward to Teleport is because it means held eggs can no longer be targeted to specific users...last year, someone with a rare Holiday dragon could breed a clutch of four and theoretically get all four of those eggs to their friends, while other people hunting the AP didn't have a realistic shot at those eggs, which always seemed very unfair to me. Just to clarify, if Teleport gets implemented, does that mean that this year someone will be able to get one egg to a specific person with 100% safety, but the others will go to the AP where it will be a free-for-all amongst everyone who is hunting at the time? If so, yay!

Now all we need is teleport wink.gif

It's on the list!

YEAH BABY!!!

*does the Caipirinha dance*

OMG! THANK YOU TJ!! I do have some questions though.

Just to clarify, what this means is that if I have a silver badge, I can have a maximum of 6 eggs, but I could have 12 hatchlings, right? Or I could have 18 hatchlings. But I could not have 18 eggs. Am I understanding this right?

Any chance you'd be willing to reconsider this one? I'd hate to miss out on a CB silver because it appears down by the river while I'm hunting on the mountain...rares are pretty hard to get anyway and something about rares being able to appear anywhere just feels wrong.

Also, what are the implications of this for the eggs with the shared descriptions? I have always disliked having the same description for more than one egg (except in the case of the Dorsals and Ridgewings, in their case I think it makes sense). Is it possible we might see CB Stripes and CB Spitfires appearing in completely different areas? Or take CB Pinks and Flamingoes for example. I imagine the flamingoes would be at the water biome whereas the pinks would be somewhere else, which would make it a lot less irritating for someone who is trying to get a CB pink--won't have to be stuck with flamingoes over and over again for hours.

First one should be max 6 eggs and 12 hatchies or 18 hatchies, yes.

Second one - I was under the impression that rares would show up in all biomes at the same time, if the queues allow for it. We discussed having a set place for the rares, but there'd rarely be anything in there and it just made more sense to let them show up everywhere, so that if you're hunting in the mountain, you have the same chance of getting it as someone down by the river. ;3

As for the third one, that will depend on their habitat, yes. But I won't share what goes where just yet. :3

Something else occurred to me.... how many biomes are we getting? Where are certain dragons going to be sorted? Or, you know, just to shut me up, is it all going to be updated on the Wiki?

You'll just have to wait and see. ;3 Artists and such have been discussing which dragons go in which biome.

As the wiki is user updated, I'm sure it will be, but you'll have to wait till this comes out to see. :3

Second one - I was under the impression that rares would show up in all biomes at the same time, if the queues allow for it. We discussed having a set place for the rares, but there'd rarely be anything in there and it just made more sense to let them show up everywhere, so that if you're hunting in the mountain, you have the same chance of getting it as someone down by the river. ;3

PERFECT! Now that sounds wonderful!

Thanks a lot TJ! All this features will make this even better than what it already is. Thanks for taking all users ideaas into consideration.

This is going to be great. Probably everything I've ever wised for the site to have is listed and then some smile.gif

Can't wait!

I assume these will be phased in one or two at a time? I think the cave would break for sure if they all came at once!

[*] Rares will show up in all biomes.

Any chance you'd be willing to reconsider this one? I'd hate to miss out on a CB silver because it appears down by the river while I'm hunting on the mountain...rares are pretty hard to get anyway and something about rares being able to appear anywhere just feels wrong.

Actually... I'm wondering... Is it rares can appear anywhere or is it rares appear everywhere?

Like if a rare was to show up, would it just randomly be at the river or mountain or jungle or would it show up in all of them and all the people at each place would compete for the same egg...

The wording is unclear.

Edit: and again Sock answers question before they can be posted tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Edited by IvoryDragon432

You can change it to have x number of dragons on each page. IIRC, the sort page looks the same, so you may have to do some number math to put what you want on each page. Then on your scroll you can go from page one to two to whatever.

Hope that answered that. x3

Thank you and your avatar is awesome.

Surely I am hallucinating, Could somebody please wack me with a mango? jk, i am really glad that the site is improving so mutch, can't wait for the updates to be implemented.

... holy s[...] is all.

Ditto about the release timetable.. we won't have all of these features at once, no?

Actually... I'm wondering... Is it rares can appear anywhere or is it rares appear everywhere?

Like if a rare was to show up, would it just randomly be at the river or mountain or jungle or would it show up in all of them and all the people at each place would compete for the same egg...

The wording is unclear.

Edit: and again Sock answers question before they can be posted tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

It should be everywhere, not just randomly at one spot. That's what I saw discussed, anyway. :3

I see you found my previous answers. x3

Thank you and your avatar is awesome.

Welcome, and thank you! :3

*Headdesk* again, I am so slow when it comes to things like this

QUOTE-- Refusals in breeding list

* Once a pair has refused, it will cease to show up on the breeding page.

* This will work for all pairs that have refused each other since June 14, 2010.

So say, I tried to breed my gold and white last week and they refused to go near each other. so that pair will never breed to each other again? Even if they have successfully bred before?

Apologies again for these silly questions.

And one more question about Teleporting, and also about held eggs. The biggest reason why I'm looking forward to Teleport is because it means held eggs can no longer be targeted to specific users...last year, someone with a rare Holiday dragon could breed a clutch of four and theoretically get all four of those eggs to their friends, while other people hunting the AP didn't have a realistic shot at those eggs, which always seemed very unfair to me. Just to clarify, if Teleport gets implemented, does that mean that this year someone will be able to get one egg to a specific person with 100% safety, but the others will go to the AP where it will be a free-for-all amongst everyone who is hunting at the time? If so, yay!

Oh, and one more thing. I noticed in the OP that TJ specifically mentions that Fertility will be a purple BSA. Later on down, he mentions teleport, but he doesn't specifically say that it will be a Magi BSA...or a BSA at all. Has TJ decided to implement this as a feature that is independent of any one dragon, or did the part about it being a BSA just get left out?