TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

o_o

This is beyond words. The idea to split everything into biomes will help reduce the competition I hope. And the 7 eggs total for the gold badges is fantastic! 8D

Well, I guess it's time to start stocking up on purples and magis lol!

Okay I don't think I saw this specific question asked but if it has been excuse my sillyness. As far as the egg limits go, I have a silver badge and the egg limit is 6. Does that mean that I can now catch 6 eggs from the cave? or does that just mean I can have more held eggs from breeding? I'm just a wee bit confused xd.png

I believe it is 6 eggs max no matter where they came from, so if you catch 6 you could not breed to get any more

I'm now over my inital total shock....

I'm so glad I have a silver badge... Now on to gold!!!!

I'm a little worried about the biome thing though, but we'll see how that plays out.

I AM HAPPY ABOUT TELEPORT! Safe trades, less risk of making my blood pressure shoot sky high xd.png Much much safer, and that makes me soooo happy.

Not really thrilled about scroll pages, but I'll get over it ^^

Happy about ferility <3

Renaming!!!!!!!! That will get darn crazy.... Not sure how I feel about it, but I suppose in the end it's very good, in case I spell something wrong hehe.

As I don't freeze, I have nothing to say on that....

Vampires, now that is cool!!!!

Rare X Rare should be good fun, just hard to get used to biggrin.gif

/rant ^^

Does that mean that I can now catch 6 eggs from the cave?

Yes, you can catch 6 eggs from the cave. Once this gets implemented, it won't matter where/how you get the egg, you will simply be allowed to have 6 eggs total (plus a max of 12 hatchlings, or more hatchlings if you have fewer than 6 eggs, meaning you can have up to 18 hatchlings if you have 0 eggs).

Yes, you can catch 6 eggs from the cave. Once this gets implemented, it won't matter where/how you get the egg, you will simply be allowed to have 6 eggs total (plus a max of 12 hatchlings, or more hatchlings if you have fewer than 6 eggs, meaning you can have up to 18 hatchlings if you have 0 eggs).

Thank you and dragonpuck for clearing that up. That is beyond epic I must say =)

I was under the impression that rares would show up in all biomes at the same time, if the queues allow for it. We discussed having a set place for the rares, but there'd rarely be anything in there and it just made more sense to let them show up everywhere, so that if you're hunting in the mountain, you have the same chance of getting it as someone down by the river. ;3

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of "fewer people vying for each individual egg"?

Don't get me wrong, I'd vastly prefer having them appear everywhere at once than at random locations, but doesn't it make more sense to just pick a biome for them (logistically and in RP sense)?

I need to get more Purples, lawl.

OH BY THE WAY

I noticed you said these were still being tested. I know you have a crack team of moderators and other people to help you out, but if you need any other beta testers, my scroll and I are at your disposal.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of "fewer people vying for each individual egg"?

Don't get me wrong, I'd vastly prefer having them appear everywhere at once than at random locations, but doesn't it make more sense to just pick a biome for them (logistically and in RP sense)?

Personally I'd love a rare-only biome, because for the most part that's all I still need to collect. But if there was a rare-only biome, there'd be tons of people in there all the time, because everyone wants rares, yet there'd hardly ever be any eggs to catch. I still think I'd like it, but I can see why the mods might not like this idea.

And given the remaining options (having a rare appear at any one random place, versus having it appear everywhere at once), I would rather have it appear everywhere at once. As I said earlier in the thread I don't want to miss a rare because it appears down by the river while I'm hunting on the mountain. I'd rather compete with 200 people from 6 different biomes for the rare than miss out on a chance of it completely because I'm in the wrong biome.

Edited by Renorei

OMG, I love you and you are a wonderful fearless leader. This is going to make everything so much easier. Is it my birthday and I just didn't notice? TJ gives out the BEST presents!

Thank you very much TJ and his helpers! A lot of Yays specially for Teleport and Vampire changes! But what is the dates for all this changes? They will come in a single day? And when?

Probably a dumb question lol xd.png

But with the gold badge - 7 is locked right? As in, you can't even pick up hatchlings once you have 7 eggs. Or can you go up to 21 total no matter what but with a maximum of 7 eggs?

/is squealing in delight

HURRY UP AND IMPLEMENT THEM TJ.

but the teleport BSA? not so much...

TJ, speaking as a member since 2008 who still has less than ten posts on the board, I've decided to break my silence as a lurker to tell you...I...I think I love you.

Teleport feature? YES. WIN. SO MUCH WIN. Increased Egg Limit? Very yes. Breeding improvements and rare breeding? Purples becoming useful? Renaming, Vampire lineages.... I heartily approve and am excited for each and every future change to the site.

I can't wait!

Ohmigawd.

Rare x rare breeding.

Increase in egg and hatchling limits.

Unlimited naming.

*dies*

Way cool, TJ. Thanks bunches.

I can't wait to fix my *typos* but, of course, I'll have to. lol

dtwrites

akdsajklsdkjlajk.

This is awesome!

I cannot wait to see them.

biggrin.gif

So cheeses, dinos and such, those count as rares and show up in all bioms, right?

EDIT: Bionoms, lol.

Bionoms. Win.

Yes, rares should show up all over. I believe uncommons will show up in their own habitat only.

Well, I guess it's time to start stocking up on purples and magis lol!

Okay I don't think I saw this specific question asked but if it has been excuse my sillyness. As far as the egg limits go, I have a silver badge and the egg limit is 6. Does that mean that I can now catch 6 eggs from the cave? or does that just mean I can have more held eggs from breeding? I'm just a wee bit confused xd.png.png

Six eggs from the cave or breeding, I believe.

Wow. All kinds of awesome here.

Does the rarexrare breeding apply to frills, too? I had an awesome gold-frill pairing that has now been rendered infertile. It'd be great if I could get a gold egg out of them someday.

Yes, it should apply to them, too.

Well, it also depends on queues of eggs in each cave, so that should help that out. ;3

I noticed you said these were still being tested. I know you have a crack team of moderators and other people to help you out, but if you need any other beta testers, my scroll and I are at your disposal.

Ah, if only it were on my cave scroll. x3

Probably a dumb question lol xd.png

But with the gold badge - 7 is locked right? As in, you can't even pick up hatchlings once you have 7 eggs. Or can you go up to 21 total no matter what but with a maximum of 7 eggs?

Yes, seven eggs is locked. If you had eight hatchies, you could still pick up eggs, though. So 21 total hatchies+eggs, 7 total eggs. :3

[*] Rares will show up in all biomes.

Any chance you'd be willing to reconsider this one? I'd hate to miss out on a CB silver because it appears down by the river while I'm hunting on the mountain...rares are pretty hard to get anyway and something about rares being able to appear anywhere just feels wrong.

Well, you either have 100 people going for 10 gold eggs (eggs showing up in a single biome) or 500 people going for 50 gold eggs (all biomes simultaneously). The chances are about even either way.

Also, what are the implications of this for the eggs with the shared descriptions?  I have always disliked having the same description for more than one egg (except in the case of the Dorsals and Ridgewings, in their case I think it makes sense).  Is it possible we might see CB Stripes and CB Spitfires appearing in completely different areas?  Or take CB Pinks and Flamingoes for example.  I imagine the flamingoes would be at the water biome whereas the pinks would be somewhere else, which would make it a lot less irritating for someone who is trying to get a CB pink--won't have to be stuck with flamingoes over and over again for hours.

Similar egg descriptions aren't factored into biome placements at all, just the dragon behavior. So pinks and flamingos are in different biomes.

OMG! It's like everything I dreamed of in DC coming true! Thanks for the sneak peek!

Similar egg descriptions aren't factored into biome placements at all, just the dragon behavior. So pinks and flamingos are in different biomes.

Thank. you. TJ.

Th

This. Right here. YES! THANK YOU! *goes on the hunt for a plain old pink!*

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL OF THESE UPDATES!

*Does happy dance and faints from awesomeness*

Thank you God! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! *begins kissing random people*