TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

TJ, there are not even words for how much you are made of awesome today. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Out of the incoherent spluttering, a Middle-Earth-shaking 'OMG, THANKS, TJ!' - almost everything is so mind-boggling, I seriously wish I had brought a mind to boggle, though I don't normally carry it with me, in case I lose it forever...

...or maybe I already have...

(DON'T anybody wake me, please. 6 eggs... 18 hatchies... rare/rare breeding... my puter had so better start behaving.)

Yeah, I love the whole trophy level egg number thing. That's so cool.

It all looks fantastic, and I'm quite eager to see it put into play. Take your time. smile.gif

*Headdesk* again, I am so slow when it comes to things like this

QUOTE-- Refusals in breeding list

* Once a pair has refused, it will cease to show up on the breeding page.

* This will work for all pairs that have refused each other since June 14, 2010.

So say, I tried to breed my gold and white last week and they refused to go near each other. so that pair will never breed to each other again? Even if they have successfully bred before?

Apologies again for these silly questions.

Refusals should always be refusals, so I don't know why some breeding dragons glitch and randomly refuse like that. So...not sure. I think someone else had asked something like this for testing, but we hadn't got an answer yet.

And one more question about Teleporting, and also about held eggs. The biggest reason why I'm looking forward to Teleport is because it means held eggs can no longer be targeted to specific users...last year, someone with a rare Holiday dragon could breed a clutch of four and theoretically get all four of those eggs to their friends, while other people hunting the AP didn't have a realistic shot at those eggs, which always seemed very unfair to me. Just to clarify, if Teleport gets implemented, does that mean that this year someone will be able to get one egg to a specific person with 100% safety, but the others will go to the AP where it will be a free-for-all amongst everyone who is hunting at the time? If so, yay!

Theoretically, they could do the same thing, but then have one guaranteed to one friend with teleport. Unless TJ really does disable AP trading, which I'm still not sure about, as I haven't gotten for sure word on that from him.

Oh, and one more thing. I noticed in the OP that TJ specifically mentions that Fertility will be a purple BSA. Later on down, he mentions teleport, but he doesn't specifically say that it will be a Magi BSA...or a BSA at all. Has TJ decided to implement this as a feature that is independent of any one dragon, or did the part about it being a BSA just get left out?

Must have been left out. As it's set up now, it's a magi BSA. :3

A bit confused with the biomes feature, but can't wait to see all this implemented 8D

*wonders when it will become a reality..*

Refusals should always be refusals, so I don't know why some breeding dragons glitch and randomly refuse like that. So...not sure. I think someone else had asked something like this for testing, but we hadn't got an answer yet.

... Okay, maybe I'm just losing it on the "These dragons refuse to go near each other" quote or some such. *sighs*

THANK YOU SOCK PUPPET STRANGLER!!!!! wub.gif For taking the time to be polite and try to answer all of our questions to the best of your knowledge and ability ... and you know... not strangle us DC puppets for all the silly questions. xd.png

Oh wow. It feels like half of the "yeah we all want that, but it'll never happen, stop suggesting it already" - stuff is in there.

I can't wait biggrin.gif

So cheeses, dinos and such, those count as rares and show up in all bioms, right?

EDIT: Bionoms, lol.

Edited by Kanaye

Is it bad that now seeing this, I want all of these implemented now? xd.png

I think people may die of over-excitement though xd.png

I seriously don't know which of the features I want the most! (Probably the re-naming tbh lol - though more slots, Biomes, Rare x Rare breeding and Fertlity are absolutely terrific too! I love the other features as well but these are definitely the highlights to look forward to for me 8D)

Oh and @ Sock - I'm pretty sure TJ has said that it's either Teleport or AP trade and not both.

Edit: One thing I was wondering about is how the slots will affect summoning - do you just have to have 1 less egg than possible at least and 1 less growing dragon (egg or hatchling) that is one below the limit, or would it work completely differently?

Edited by dragonico

Theoretically, they could do the same thing, but then have one guaranteed to one friend with teleport. Unless TJ really does disable AP trading, which I'm still not sure about, as I haven't gotten for sure word on that from him.

Well, I do hope he decides to code things so that the targeting of held eggs is no longer possible...someone being able to direct an entire clutch of Hollies to specific people, giving others hardly any chance of catching them, seems very wrong to me.

But all in all, I am SO HAPPY to hear all this wonderful news. I can't wait until these get implemented!

Rare x rare breeding? NOWAI

I love all of this... teleport, fertility, renaming, all of it... 7 eggs! Wow! That will make next Halloween ridiculous! haha

These are all epic ideas, I can't wait to see them~

I especially love the '5 eggs is lock' for us with bronze badges. By then, I hope I'll have a silver badge. No more scroll lock FTW!

I'm so glad for my gold badge - I'm looking forward to the new limits (whenever they come in effect). smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

Well, I guess it's time to start stocking up on purples and magis lol!

Okay I don't think I saw this specific question asked but if it has been excuse my sillyness. As far as the egg limits go, I have a silver badge and the egg limit is 6. Does that mean that I can now catch 6 eggs from the cave? or does that just mean I can have more held eggs from breeding? I'm just a wee bit confused xd.png

Hooray! I can fix my typos! biggrin.gif

And I'm not too far from my gold trophy.

Thanks, TJ, and everyone else who has worked on these.

*leaves brownies*

Wow. All kinds of awesome here.

Does the rarexrare breeding apply to frills, too? I had an awesome gold-frill pairing that has now been rendered infertile. It'd be great if I could get a gold egg out of them someday.