TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I like the biomes idea, as well as the Purple BSA. And the scroll viewing option, as my laptop hates me trying to look at 500 dragons on one scroll! Looking forward to it all.

*Does happy dance and faints from awesomeness*

Thank you God! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! *begins kissing random people*

HAHAHAHA nice!

But seriously, being able to get a CB pink again is going to be AMAZING. I just hope stripes and spitfires are in different biomes....

*rereads* Wow, this whole thing is made of win from head to toe. I don't care about the changes to hatchling freezing and scroll viewing, but they won't bother me. Every single one of the others either made me say "YAY!" or "Huh, well that sounds interesting!"

But seriously, being able to get a CB pink again is going to be AMAZING. I just hope stripes and spitfires are in different biomes....

As do I.

Striped dragons come in a dazzling array of colors complemented by an intricate pattern of stripes. These bright colors and patterns help attract their favorite food, insects. Because their prey is so tiny, striped dragons must spend a large portion of their day eating. The color of the offspring is usually determined by the dragon's mate.

Spitfires are a desert breed of dragon. Their dull brown bodies contrast with their brilliant turquoise markings, and they only blaze brighter when these dragons fight. Spitfires are notorious for their territorial natures, and the wing-edges of most are ripped and tattered before their first year is out. Spitfires are also noteworthy for their brilliant blue fire, which is used not for hunting or fighting, but rather for making glass caves from the sand, in which the dragons can soak up the sun.

Hmph. Judging from the Stripe's description, I'm guessing they live in a forest or jungle where insects are easy to find. It certainly seems unlikely that they'd live in a desert (where the spitfires are), since there aren't many insects there. So I'm guessing spitfires and stripes will be in different biomes too.

EEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! xd.png

Would the biomes be able to be incorperated into the dragon requests forum, so if there is a forest version and a plain version they will be in different places?

EDIT: by plain I mean plains and feilds xd.png

Edited by Salamance

...Wait, I don't quite understand what the difference is supposed to be with the frozen hatchlings, but maybe I'm just squeeing too hard to think about it. 8D

Hmph. Judging from the Stripe's description, I'm guessing they live in a forest or jungle where insects are easy to find. It certainly seems unlikely that they'd live in a desert (where the spitfires are), since there aren't many insects there. So I'm guessing spitfires and stripes will be in different biomes too.

EEEEEEEEEEEP!!!! xd.png

Brilliant! Astute observations wink.gif I am very excited.

Although this will all take some serious getting used to....

...Wait, I don't quite understand what the difference is supposed to be with the frozen hatchlings, but maybe I'm just squeeing too hard to think about it. 8D

As is now, if you freeze an s1 and it has enough views, it may gender to be s2 at some point. As will be in the future, even if it has enough views it will stay as s1 when frozen as s1. :3

user posted image

Thank you, TJ! Once the changes are in place this will seem like a whole new game. I'm so looking forward to it! biggrin.gif

<TJ09>: 2 days for teleport I think.

Word from the IRC chat on the Magi BSA cooldown, since it hasn't been edited in yet.

WOW. Just... wow. I am totally in shock. THIS IS EPIC!!! *jumps up and down squeeing* THANK YOU THANK YOU! But then again, I'll never be able to force myself offline anymore...

I have SO many naming errors to remake, while attempting to fix them on 2 hours of sleep, no doubt, lol.

Although one person named a misnamed Dorkie's offspring the sire's identical name complete with the Dorkface I'd missed, so I can't fix that properly, darn it...

But I did make a BIG batch of sunflower and pumpkin seed, mixed nut and chocolate chip cookies this afternoon (almost solid stuff) and I hope virtually everyone has one.

(At least 2 for TJ, though, and everyone else working on these.)

I've never been big on the multiple cave thing, since we're often keeping a watch out for a number of different dragon types while hunting, and I personally hope the general style of 'flood' new Releases won't change, but the rest of this is just amazing!

Ooh, this is exciting! I like it all, except for the teleport BSA. Won't the AP just end up being filled with with commons that no one wants? Or will there be a limited number of times you can do that?

Wow... I can't wait! These new features sound great. I don't think that there is one that I dislike, actually. Thank-you for your hard work, TJ!

Ooh, this is exciting! I like it all, except for the teleport BSA. Won't the AP just end up being filled with with commons that no one wants? Or will there be a limited number of times you can do that?

That's basically what the AP already is.

People will use teleport for rare, uncommon, and common eggs and hatchies. People will just plain old abandon rare, uncommon, and common eggs and hatchies. The AP will basically stay the same there. ;3

Sounds good - curious about a few things - like the AP and "valuable" eggs/hatchlings. Also I share a previous posters worry about holiday eggs as finding a trading partner can be difficult.

BUT looking very much forward to all of it and to see what this does to the game.