Sachi

[Yu-Gi-Oh!] Tenebrus Institute for Gifted Students

Mana drew his five cards, smirking, this was definitely a good hand. "Then I'll call tails." Mana said, he couldn't wait to battle, because he was on a battle strike for two weeks before coming to school. "Lets hope I haven't lost it, ay Caius?" "You sure have a weird way of bragging Mana. I mean hurry up and finish off that other deck. I don't want you to show these guys our strong and weak points." Caius pointed to the others. "Don't worry, I bet only a few or none can even beat me." "Overconfidence is poison to a duelists mind." Caius retorted. "Whatever." He was smiling a full teeth smile and lowered his head. Adrenaline was starting to pump into his head. Caius wasn't used to this Mana yet, he was ruthless yet cunning, the worst combination that there could be.

Chansi watched almost like a hawk, listening to Mana and how he reacted and responded. He didn't even take advise from his familiar and had an ego large enough to boot. What really turned her gut was when he said he didn't think any but maybe one or two could beat him. Why you arrogant hypocrite! Chansi almost hissed but kept her thoughts to herself.

"Wanna bet?" she grumbled to herself instead of saying what she thought and crossed her arms. Marine glanced at her, and said mentally, "Easy Chance, calm down." She sighed and nodded, knowing he saw it because the Neo-Spacian was gazing at her. "I know, I shouldn't get rilled up so easy over a full of himself boy," she replied. "No, you shouldn't."

Edited by i_luv_animalz

Stella looked on as well. Chaos too found something unpleasant about Mana.

I don't like that boy. He is too flamboyant, worse than you were at the outset. Chaos privately said. And worse yet I see that he is dangerous, to you, in any case. That Monarch, at least is reasonable. Stella nodded. She didn't really like this fellow too much herself- he was loud and borderline- no, he came off as arrogant to her, and his very attitude painfully reminded her of her earlier time. But still, she watched quietly, trying to figure this guy out, so if she DID end up in a fight she culd at least save herself and Chaos.

Down in the Spirits' World...

Amir whistled softly as he prepared another load of Spell sheets, and Notebooks for storage of said spellsheets for the new students. There were about 60 for this evening's load, just some simple, low level ones. He tapped the box with his wand and the box vanished, popping up flamboyantly on the podium behind Jinjekkai with a note that said, "To this year's teacher: Try not to blow up the classroom again." Sure, most of the spells were relatively safe, like Mystical Space Typhoon, Fissure, decidedly low-level non-explosive spells...but someone had someone hit an electric line during a lesson sometime before and needless to say...it caused a LOT of problems.

He also packed a box full of trap kits and sent them on express back to the trap teacher's classroom. It looked like an innocent pack of boxes...except that they had a trap card's name printed on the top. He left a note on the top of that. "Please refrain from using over any main utilities."

Edited by Sachi

Jin turned around and noticed the box on the podium.

don't blow up the class room... he slapped himself in the forehead.

"Ahha!" he exclaimed, "I nearly forgot!" he smiled to himself, "I had planned a field trip for today and it looks like we have just enough time!"

In truth, class was supposed to be over in ten minutes, not enough time for a duel... and certainly not for a field-trip.

Kainama eyed Jin nervously He's not seriously going to... no... on the first day?

Jin smiled hugely, "Grab your familiars everyone and hold on to your decks!"

Jin pulled a card out of his deck and spun it around in his hand, the lights in the room flickered slightly and the walls started to glow a dull shade of dark purple.

The card in Jin's hand suddenly stopped spinning and landed face down on the dueling field.

Different Dimension Gate was the card's name and immediately a huge portal appeared in the middle of the dueling arena.

"And as a target for this card, I choose the entire class, myself included and all the familiars." Jin smiled deviously as everyone began being pulled towards the portal, he was first of course but right before he went through he left a flip timer underneath a single card on the podium...

In another moment he and Kainama were standing in what appeared to be a Wasteland that seemed to go on in all directions with distant mountains in the background and a sun that never set or rose for that matter... it sort of just hung there constantly. This was a familiar place to Jin as he had spent a lot of time trapped here, and also visited Kainama here from time to time.

Kainama immediately grabbed Jin and lifted him up to her eye level, frowning deeply, "Do you really think this is necessary for the first day!?" She asked him.

She wasn't worried about the others arriving because time in D.D. moved more slowly than in the human dimension. The few seconds it would take the rest of the class to be pulled through and their familiars would give her at least a minute or two.

"Most of the kids are new," Kainama continued rebuking Jin, "probably none of them have ever been here, it's not exactly a nice place for a first field trip and certainly not necessary for the first day of class!"

"But!"

"I'm not done!" Kainama continued, "did you ever think about what effect this will have on their familiars?!" She stormed, "you humans may take this dimensional shifting just fine but D.D. is as frighting the first time as being sent to the grave yard... or worse!"

"I placed a Mystical Space Typhoon before we left, it will destroy the portal and pull us out, no matter what. Perfectly safe!" Jin complained.

Kainama sighed, the others would be coming through any second, she put Jin down, "I know you did, and I know you're capable of keeping everyone safe on this side of the dimensional line, but please, be more careful. Or do I need to remind you of what happened last time you crossed into D.D. or messed with the D.D. organization for that matter."

Jin sighed, "no I remember, and I'll be very careful." His sad mood was suddenly gone after he finished saying that though, "now! Let's get ready to meet the students! Bye Bye!"

With that said, Jin placed another spell and vanished, he was close by... somewhere, but Kainama couldn't see him, he was hiding.

She nodded approvingly, this would be a good game to play with this class....

hopefully they would learn a lot about spells but also learn about each other and become closer as a class, maybe even friends.

"Are you an IDIOT?!" Mana shouted to nothing when he came through with Caius. "Are you trying to teach us or are you playing around! Using Different Dimension Gate like that and on the student are fine but on the familiars is ridiculous!!" Mana shouted, he knew the Professor was listening. "You need to calm down. We came out first from the gate was because we've been here before, you also put down a Mystic Space Typhoon when we jumped in." Caius said, noticing the subtle change in personality. "Be quiet Caius, that guy is probably listening to us anyway. Tch seriously, who is that reckless, just to test us out, could've just brought us to the gym." Mana said drawing five cards in case. "Well we did have to go through this because of your grandfather." Caius shrugged.

Ryza looked on as the teacher said, "Grab your familiars everyone and hold on to your decks!" Well, his deck was safely in one of his pockets, so that wasn't a problem. However, Lomore grabbed his arm as the teacher put into the playing field a card called Different Dimension Gate. Immediately a portal appeared, and Ryza felt himself being sucked into it. He held onto Lomore, who looked like he was about to murder the teacher, and closed his eyes. A few seconds later he opened them to see some kind of wasteland, with a sun blazing overhead. Lomore looked stiff, and there was something about him that was...strange. However, Ryza held onto him for both support and because in the next few seconds his familiar was going to go over and kill the teacher in cold blood. Ryza heard him muttering to himself "Different Dimension Gate?! That stupid teacher...and on the first day too...." Lomore said a few other things as well, but Ryza couldn't hear him. He was too busy regarding his surroundings.

Mana looked around and saw the wastelands, then he saw the first kid out. "Hey, you okay?" Mana asked. He realized that some people, after entering a different dimension change personalities, including himself. "Do you notice any changes?" Mana asked the familiar of the kid. "'Cos if you do take him back, the longer the changes stay, the more permanent they are." Mana said from personal experience. He changed his personality when he dueled.

Kainama was standing on the other side as she waited for the rest of the children and familiars to come through.

She felt strangely calm in D.D. probably because it had been her home now for many years, only able to venture out when Jin summoned her back with D.D.R.

"Yes it was... rather reckless," Kainama admitted, her wise old voice sounded slightly strained, "however we will only be here for a short time." she nodded at their surroundings, "This is the wasteland, most people think that all of D.D. is like this, but some areas are actually rather nice. D.D. headquarters is north of us by several miles, they shouldn't bother us."

She nodded sympathetically at Lomore, "If it's your first time here then let me reassure you, Professor Kaname knows what he's doing, we won't be sticking around long enough to feel the effects on personality, especially if it's your first time." She grimaced slightly, remembering her first time being sent here, she could understand how Lomore must have felt, "I agree that it was... too early in the year to bring you all here like this. I may not agree with him all the time, but you can trust Kaname, no human has likely spent as much time here as he has, I myself have been here for the last twelve years, apart from the times I've been summoned after becoming his familiar."

She sighed, "he... tends to go overboard when trying to make a point, once you're all adjusted let me know and I'll explain the rules of the game."

"JIN?! You've got to be joking!" Chansi facepalmed, sometimes he did go very overboard. But her cry went unheard as their teacher had already entered the other dimension, and she was being pulled closer to it. Marine however reached her side and wrapped his arms around her as they went through, it was just instinct, he was always protective of her.

When they appeared on the other side, he was still holding her til he blinked and looked around, loosing his grip and letting her go though still right by her. "Oh no, not the wasteland..." she mumbled and rubbed her head. Her familiar hated the wasteland and dessert, he was better in humid climates and even in watery areas. But a dessert was one of the toughest things on him.

"I'll be fine, from what his familiar says we won't be here long..and it's not like I haven't been in a wasteland before, I can tolerate it." Understanding was she was getting worried, Marine spoke and smiled lightly. But he knew that very long here and he would start getting a dry mouth and have to have some water to get rid of it, and then his skin would start shriveling and he'd have to have more water to get rid of that. But that took like, four or five hours, and they weren't going to be here that long..... hopefully.

Chance sighed and nodded. She was calm and back to her usual self again, just like her familiar except he had been calm the whole time.

Edited by i_luv_animalz

The last thing that Stella could register before she and Chaos were sucked through was that they were going on a field trip. She seemed a little excited. She always loved wandering through the Shadow Realm- well, except for ONE place but hey, one in like what- a hundred or more locations, what were the chances? There was a good chance they were going to land in a place she would be okay with. So, when they popped out into the Wasteland, she got up, dusted off and looked around.

The teacher had vanished?

"Huh...this is weird." Stella scratched her head, completely oblivious to the ghostly bow that had materialized on her back.

"That crazy teacher," Chaos said in amazement and slight disgust. "If this is his idea of a teaching aid, I don't want to see what he'll do during exams."

"Relax Chaos, what could possibly go wrong? Although...I get this nagging feeling we're being watched..." Stella frowned. She couldn't place it but there was this sort of itch like someone was staring at the lot of them. She heard Hera saying something about this being Different Dimension, and she looked around curiously. She'd never been here before. "Different Dimension, huh...COOL." Then she heard Hera say something about a game. She perked- she LOVED games. "A game? That sounds like fun!"

Chaos slapped his forehead. "Stella, you'd better not be doing what I think you want to do..."

"Chaos, I'm surprised you still think I'm like that!" she said in mock indignation. "Of course I won't go wandering off, do I look that stupid?"

"Am I seriously supposed to answer that?" he said coolly.

"..." Stella wisely decided to ignore that last point.

Kainama (dubbed Hera for sake of not giving away her real name) smiled as Stella spoke.

Well the girls were taking this better than the guys, she mused, some of her age old sexism rising to the surface about girls always being more competent than men, but of course she knew that wasn't true, just a personal bias of hers that she had learned to ignore after so many years of life.

"Yes, a game." She nodded, "This," she drew a circle in the sandy and rocky ground, "is where we are," she continued and then drew several dots far out from the circle, "Kaname Sempai will be in one of these locations and switching between them."

She stood up, never one that was very good at drawing anyways, "The game is called Counter-Point, and this is how it goes."

"Each of you will use spells to counter the spells, traps, or monsters that Kaname sends our way." She opened the cardboard box that Jin had taken with them that had appeared on the podium behind him back in the classroom.

"The rules are simple," she continued, sorting through the spell cards in the box until she drew out four of them. She held the cards face down so that none of the others could tell which spell they were, "you will each take one of these spell cards that I have chosen. For the remainder of the time we are here, your familiar and your spell card you choose from me will be the only elements you are allowed to use."

"Each spell card can be used as many times as needed, but each of you will only get one and they will all be different. Therefore you will need to work together if you want to win the game, and as payback..." she added, "I might even help you put our beloved teacher on the defensive." she smiled.

Jin wouldn't be happy with that... but then again, it served him right, however, it all depended on how well these four could learn to work with one another.

"Chansi, to you I give Book of the Moon, with it you can force an enemy monster into face-down defense position."

"Stella, I give you Nobleman of Crossout, allowing you to eliminate any face down defense position monster."

"Mana, to you I give Misfortune you must be careful with this card, it will allow you to inflict direct life point damage to Kaname based on the attack points of the enemy monster you use it on, however, during the turn that you use it none of the familiars will be able to attack."

"Finally Ryza, to you I give Mystical Space Typhoon it will allow you to destroy spells and traps."

"You should all understand that there is no order of play, you can each play your card or order your familiar to attack at any time, likewise Kaname may attack you at any time in a number of ways, the only way to win the game is to use your cards at the right time. There will be breaks in between every wave that Kaname sends, and just to reassure you, my ability allows me to counter any spell or trap that I wish, and I am the strongest card in Kaname's deck, so, if things get out of hand I will step in and end the game, but, that will mean you lose." She finished, hoping that they would be able to work together.

This was a game that Kaname usually played with his higher level students and allowed them to use their entire decks, but he would be much more brutal to them than she was sure he would be here. Besides, the point was to teach them about spells and how they worked together and with their familiars, it was as good a plan as any... if slightly... well... too much like his usual childish personality.

But Kainama wasn't worried, while he may seem childish at times, she knew him well, his mind never left a detail unnoticed or unconsidered, he was deadly serious when it was important, she just hoped that he understood when it WAS important.

Edited by Rakashua

"Well what are we waiting for?" Mana was beginning to change. Caius noticed and slapped Mana on the back, hoping to revert the change. "Ow, what was that for Caius?" Mana asked as he doesn't know it himself. "That was encouragement. So you better win this." "Hmph, I don't need you to tell me that!" Mana complained, that and he hasn't lost a single match so far... so far.

Stella stared off pensively, thinking ahead of a possible strategy. They WOULD need to work together, that was sure. "Nobleman of Crossout...hm..." Well, needless to say it was a bit useless by itself if she was faced with Spells or Traps. In fact, she and Chaos were doubly disadvantaged since Chaos had no effect he could trigger if they got themselves into a REALLY tight spot. But Stella wasn't an idiot. She walked over to where Chansi was. Her Nobleman would work best if paired with the Book of Moon for any face-up threats. Ryza's could cover their backs for any spells and traps, and Mana's would be useful to make the teacher show himself...perhaps. "Mine seems to work well with yours, Chansi." Stella said casually. "And Ryza, you have such a useful defense. Mana is lucky too...he will be the one who puts the most pressure on the teacher." Stella drew in the sand with her foot, a Mis for Mana's spell and the arrow to indicate an attack, and a crescent for Chansi, a sword for herself and a little tornado for Ryza as a defensive line behind. She wasn't drawing to lead though, but just drawing out a suggestion. Stella discreetly nudged Chansi and motioned to her dirt diagram. After all, it wouldn't do if Jinjekkai knew what they were up to. Chaos smiled evilly, it was a relief to know that Stella could at least think.

"You're not being stupid for a change," he said, poking the other two and motioning them to Stella's diagram. "She has a suggestion."

Edited by Sachi

"Finally Ryza, to you I give Mystical Space Typhoon it will allow you to destroy spells and traps."

Ryza received his spell card without question, just thinking about it. Well, Lomore's special ability didn't apply unless there was a Dragon-type monster out on the field, and none of the familiars were a Dragon-type. Well, his spell card could wipe out all spell and trap cards, which was pretty useful, and he could use it over again, but only with the right timing. His face reddened a little when Stella complimented his card as being 'useful defense'. He ducked his head, a little embarrassed, and almost tripped. Unfortunatly, with the D.D., Ryza's crutches had not been taken her along with him, and Ryza had to hold onto his familiar for support. With Lomore's assistance, Ryza went over to Stella and looked down at what she had drawn on the ground. He assumed the tornado represented himself, because it fit with the Mystical Space Typhoon.

Smiling brightly Cathleen looked curiously at the boy. When she approached him she had only looked at the familiar, not the boy himself. Now that she looked he was rather scary, with the eye patch and all, but... Someone with that cute a familiar couldn't be a bad person. Her eyes turned from the boy to the cute monster. She was just so adorable! Don't do anything stupid, Cathy. Pouting she turned her head to her own familiar and stuck out her tongue briefly. I won't! It's only the first day, Yu-Yu. Yue nodded, still a bit suspicious.

Smiling happily, Cathleen redirected her attention back to the boy just as he asked a question. "Why I'm talking to you? That's a weird question to ask. I think you'd be kind of cute without the eye patch, though." She hadn't really answered his question, but... What was she supposed to answer to something like that? "Because I wanted to, I guess." And he had the cutest familiar she'd seen all day, so why shouldn't she approach him?

Her train of thought was interrupted as the teacher walked into the classroom, and she quickly sat down in the seat next to Domino. Wait... Was the teacher teaching this class the vice principal? Since when? He had been the one to call her on her lateness, hadn't he? And in front of the whole assembly as well. It's karma, Cathy. Scowling slightly, she glared at Yue, before she directed her attention towards the teacher again.

Trap cards. Well, she had been here for some time now, so she knew what they were... She just wasn't any good at using them. Or at dueling in general, really. But it didn't really matter, as the reason she was here was to see if she could see any new, cute monsters. But back to the question at hand, she guessed she knew something about the cards. At least enough to feel like she didn't need to speak up.

((*facepalm* So sorry for not replying sooner!))

Kainama watched with interest as it seemed that the students were hatching a plan of defense, it was a good sign.

She absently stared out over the vast wastes, trying to sense where Jin was exactly. She couldn't help but be a little worried for him, not that she didn't think he could take care of himself. He had been in D.D longer than any human she knew, but it was still a hostile place at times, and besides that she didn't like leaving his side in the first place.

But she recognized her role for now was to protect his students, and she would do that. There wasn't anything in D.D. that frightened her. Well... there was a Blue-Eyes around somewhere that had been sent in a few years back and pretty much gone insane.... He was scary and the only monster she had met in D.D. that not only wanted to fight her, but had an equal chance of beating her, she had no desire to run into him again... ever...

And of course there was the D.D. organization itself, and everyone that was part of it was a bit... creepy. You had to be wrong in the head to want to manage the D.D. at least that's what she believed.

Jinjekkai had by now set up his first wave and was preparing to use it. It would start out easy, simple defeats, simple attacks. I wonder what spell cards Kainama decided to give the students... he thought absently, placing another monster card in the dust.

He thought hard for a moment, well Mystical Space Typhoon is nearly a given, it's a wonderful defense against spells or traps, and it's a simple spell to cast too... as for the others there are just too many to choose from, I guess I'll have to find out. he smiled.

((I'm considering joining. I have a question; is this similar to a YCM RP, where there are user cards? ))

((I'm considering joining. I have a question; is this similar to a YCM RP, where there are user cards? ))

((you'll have to ask the creator? I don't know.. what is a user card anyways?))

((*googles* Um. YuGiOh Card Maker? And User Card as in you become your own original monster? Yes and No, I'll elaborate in a PM if you message me. The main basis is that you have a Duel Spirit partner that will accompany you and help you through various dangers of TIGS. For more info, feel free to shoot me a PM.))

"Hmm, since no one has spoken up, i will assume you all understand traps

now, lets begin the lesson. trap cards, a staple in any deck, and when in the Spirit world, traps become on eof your best friends, along with spells and your familiar. now when using traps in OUR world, you have to do what....

anyone?"

((Sorry for taking so long to reply, busy day yesterday ^^* Wait, was that something about a Blue-Eyes...Maybe Hibiki will get his wish later on...))

As she was given the Book of Moon, Chansi accepted it and gazed at it, reading what it was capable of and already thinking and planning, as usual. That just came natural, she was always thinking. Then she noticed Stella drawing in the dirt, maybe a plan. She walked over by her and looked over her shoulder, watching. Marine did as well, and thought that it was a good plan. He wasn't half bad at having strategies himself.

"Sounds like a plan to me," she said, smiling at how quick the newer students were catching on. That was good. But then she thought about something and decided to ask Hera, just in case. She walked over to the Gladiator Beast Heraklinos, Marine watching but stayed where he was because he didn't expect that anyone here was a threat.

"One question, are we allowed to use some cards from our deck if we run into trouble, and I don't mean what the Professor sends at us?" Chance asked, gazing up at the large familiar. She wasn't afraid of her, and had no reason to be. Hera was actually one of the nicest, despite her size, familiars she had ever met to the students. She was also wise and calm, and Chansi had never seen her get mad.

((Yes Armityle, sorry I didn't reply to your question sooner happy.gif And it's fine Saikachan))

Ruby had her ears pricked and was still sitting with her tail around in front of her. Something wasn't quiet right... But maybe it was just her and she decided she should be happy someone was speaking to her person. So she shook off the feeling and looked at him, then her again.

When she said he would be cute, Domino blinked blushed very lightly though it vanished within just a few seconds. "Well whatever the reason, thanks... I haven't gotten to speak with anyone besides her in some time," he said, and smiled, her good eyes brightening. When he did, the Carbuncle looked at him again, and purred, rubbing against his waist and chest til he stroked her back. She was glad to see him smile again.

But then the vice principle came in and spoke. Domino didn't speak up because he knew about traps. He glanced at the girl again when she sat by him, before turning his attention back to the teacher. But he was distracted, thinking move about her than what the vice principle was saying. She was cute...

"Well if you want me to attack when the professor comes then aright!" Mana was feeling a bit drowsy now. Caius could see that Mana was beginning to tire himself, so he made Mana lay on his side. After a few minutes Mana refreshed like nothing had happened.

Kainama turned to look at Chansi, "Yes, if it comes to that. Though that is the main reason I'm here. But you should always be prepared to defend yourself in other dimensions. This has been my home for a very long time, though I often think of it more like a prison, I know most every place, monster, and mad man who's ever been trapped here. There are a many things here to fear, and a few that even I wouldn't want to fight."

Kainama briefly smiled at Chansi, realizing her speech had been a rather morbid one, "don't let it fret you though, the wastes are almost always empty... as you can tell" she glanced at Marine, "they're not the nicest places to visit."

At that moment three monsters appeared on the horizon.

Two Witty Phantoms in attack position and behind them, almost hidden by them was aAncient Crimson Ape who appeared to be in face-up defense position.

"and so it begins." Kainama nodded to the students, "good luck."

Jin meanwhile smiled to himself as he sent the first three monsters into battle. The two Phantoms were cannon fodder really, he was sure that any of the student's familiars could take them out of they wanted to, but that's what he was counting on.

He smiled as he drew three fresh cards from the deck and vanished to the next location... and set one trap card.

Edited by Rakashua

Stella and Chaos turned in perfect synchronization towards the Witty Phantoms. Weak monsters, hardly a challenge to any of their friends. Which meant that there might be something else going on. "Chaos, I wouldn't trust a Witty Phantom...aren't they always hiding something behind their backs?" she said loud enough so Chansi and the others would hear. Stella bobbed on her toes as though trying to see what was behind them.

"No, I wouldn't either." He agreed. "Let's get those two to dance a little, shall we?"

Stella smiled. "Does that mean we can Moon them?" Chaos gave her a look of mock disgust, while fully understanding what she meant.

"While that would be an effective taunt, I don't think anyone wants to see your back end," he said dryly.

"Aww, Chaos, you Crossed Out my joke so soon?" she bantered while slowly moving to the left and when she was in a good position, pulled her eye down and stuck her tongue out. "*sigh* Well I guess we might as well play with them while the rest of them get the guy in the backseat- I mean, don'tcha just hate backseat drivers?"

"Hey, I Don't see why you're Rushing to get few Phantoms out of the way. It's not not like they're a big threat, especially with their backseat friend's driving Skills." Chance shrugged, but caught on quickly. Marine smirked, but knew he couldn't even take on the Witty Phantoms, his ability was more his strength or when Chansi attached Horn of the Unicorn to him. But she couldn't use that card right now, he'd sit this one out.

"Big fella, yeah you in the back, time for you to be face down in the dirt for a little bit." And with that, she held her card out and closed her eyes. A large book with a crescent moon on the front appeared in front of her on the wasteland field.

"I activate Book of Moon, it's target being Ancient Crimson Ape. Your turn Stella, and why don't we let the boys take care of the Wittys once Mr. Ape gets out at the Grave street," she said with a smile. This game was fun, yet one had to use the mind and strategy making it even more interesting. Jin sure could find ways to make someone enjoy class.

((Sachi, can a duelist have more than one familiar? I know they can summon their cards in reality in D.D., but I mean so they are in the real world too))

Edited by i_luv_animalz