Sachi

[Yu-Gi-Oh!] Tenebrus Institute for Gifted Students

"So are we allowed to use cards from our decks???" The question made Ryza think of a few cards in his deck that would be extremely useful in this situation. One of which he had even mentioned in class. "Hang on!" he exclaimed, starting to sift through his cards to find just the right one. Pulling it out, Ryza showed it to the others. It was 'Secret Village of the Spellcasters', (http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_Villag...he_Spellcasters) a field spell card that would prevent their teacher from activating any spell cards so long as Ryza happened to have a Spellcaster Type monster out on the field. He explained this to everyone else, and said, "Dark Paladin is a Spellcaster type, and with his special ability, the reusable 'Mystical Space Typhoon', and this field spell, our teacher won't be able to use any trap or spell cards, as long as he doesn't destory Dark Paladin. If he does, then we won't be able to play any spell cards, so it's kind of a gamble."

Kainama frowned, "if you want to follow the rules then you can't use any cards but the one's I've given you, however, if you'd like to use your own decks that is up to you." She replied simply.

It really was up to them. Part of the game was for the students to learn why the rules were important and also to understand what they could accomplish if the rules were broken.

Either choice they made the lesson would be taught, however, she felt a nudge of pity for the familiars that would potentially experience the most trauma from the experience.

"I'm not here to tattle on you, and I'm not here to make sure you follow the rules, I'm merely here to protect you. The only thing that will happen if you break the rules, is I will unsummon myself. But decide quickly because we will only be here for a few more minutes at most." she nodded, sitting back to watch and see what the students would do.

Jinjekkai meanwhile was eating a candy bar he had brought with him, waiting for the students to decide on their course of action. Because of the two cards he had set, they only had one play order that would allow them to defeat the dragons. On the other hand, they were taking a long time to decide, so, either they were trying to figure out which card or effect to use first, or, more likely they thought it was impossible and were considering using their own decks.

Either case was fine, and both were intended. The first thing you did when the teacher leaves the room is stack your deck, break the rules, when your opponent isn't looking and there is no judge.

It was wrong, it was cheating, but it wasn't uncommon. And, if you didn't understand the concept of the rules and what could happen if they were broken, it was even the logical choice of action.

In most cases breaking the rules against a weaker opponent with no judge was safe, no one cared, no one was there to stop you. However, you have to be careful if you cheat against a veteran or a dangerous deck, because if you cheat, and the other duelist notices, well there's nothing to stop them from cheating right back...

Jin smiled, relaxing as he ate the candy, he was on the edge of his seat as to what the kids would decide to do. He knew what he would have done.... cheated.

Of course, he'd already gone through that, and was older now, the rules meant more to him because he understood why they were there. But back then, in his youth, he played by his own rules. And that's what got him locked in D.D. for almost two years.

Stella set her jaw. She had her deck, yes, but she didn't feel at all inclined to use it right then. Something told her it might not work the way she wanted it to. Now that she thought about it, her Nobleman of Crossout did look kinda strange...not like a magic card that was first printed by Pegasus' company...but almost like it was a neatly-cut piece of parchment from a spellbook or something. Her hair was standing nearly straight up- she could tell that something huge would come soon, and it was either her suggestion or theirs. If they went with hers, nobody could attack- that was the side effect of Misfortune. The she noticed they had a new classmate. Stella was starting to feel a little panic rise. "Um, Ms. Hera, I think we have another friend here..." she discreetly nodded at Glace. "And, um, guys, can we, y'know, hurry it up a bit? We're getting kinda close to D-time..."

Ryza considered this. Against an amateur, even without their decks and the 'cheating' rule, it was proabable that they could still win. However, if so, than Hera would unsummon herself and if the teacher realized that they were using their decks, and therefor, 'cheating', he could probably cheat right back. It was not worth it, especially since the teacher had such powerful monsters. Sighing, Ryza shuffled 'Secret Village of the Spellcasters' back into his deck and put the deck carefully back in his pocket. Cheating felt so bad, and it was his first time here. Better play by the rules, but he still was unsure. Ryza didn't want to lost Lomore to the Graveyard the first time he decided to battle with a teacher, even if it was for practice. He felt torn. "Well, I'll risk not using my deck." he told Ms. Hera, and from the field Lomore nodded his silent approval. "Should we attack?" he asked, looking at Stella.

Kainama (Hera) turned as if noticing Glace for the first time, which she was.

She stared at the girl for a moment, wondering how she had managed to get to DD and find them at the same time. Although at the moment that really wasn't important.

"Hello," Kainama nodded at her and the familiars, "are you in this class too right now?" she asked. She then realized that this could be a problem and that the girl could be in a good bit of danger at the moment since she didn't know what was going on.

"Either way," Kainama continued, "my name is Hera, I'm the familiar for professor Jinjekkai, who is teaching this class. We're in the middle of a game at the moment, Jin is teaching about various spell cards and according to the rules each student may have one spell card which they may use in tandem with the others in order to overcome the situations that Jinjekkai creates." Kainama paused for a moment, "Since he's not here in person I'm afraid you're going to have to watch this time around, it's almost over anyways, we'll all be recalled to the classroom in a minute or two."

Kainama smiled at Glace, "I can explain everything in detail as soon as we get back, or Jin will I'm sure."

(I don't know what to do my charecter is sitting in class with a teacher who opened a portal to the shadow realm... T.T Not much to do...)

(I don't know what to do my charecter is sitting in class with a teacher who opened a portal to the shadow realm... T.T Not much to do...)

(well we will be out of D.D and class will be over for a while and the students can go to supper or socialize etc... in the meantime.)

Glace nodded, but in doing so she brought her hand up to her right eye. Apparently, it was beggining to hurt (Seriously, it's been hurting all day).

Joey tightened his Kunai With Chain (See Familiar stuff, I hope it was changed) "Aw darn! I was hopin' for some action!"

"Shut up, mutt." Kaiba replied. "But, I still think it's funny how everyone just noticed you.

Glace seemed to ignore him. She just watched, curious as to how the others would figure out their situation. When they flipped back, no doubt she would faint for approximately five minutes.

(eh randomness so that I'm not forgotten.)

Yami yawned. She was bored of sitting there waiting for Akira's class to be done. She flicked her tail a little knocking some (NPC unless you want your's to do so.) students out of their seats which most quickly got up, glared at Yami, then went to set there desks back up some did other things though but Yami nor Akira payed no mind. Akira chuckled a little but then said "Behave, no more knockin' desks over with there students." Yami grumbled and said "I'm bored, I can't help it."

"Nah, no need. We can go back anytime, you know?? Just use Mystical Space Typhoon on the Different Dimension Gate and we can go back to class. I saw a note say Don't blow up the class.. So we don't have to worry about that." Mana said, a little uncertain so he put two Dimensional Prisons in his hand, in case Jinjekkai still wanted to go on.

Edited by mana1997

"All right mutt when we get back to the classroom, you WILL stay invisible." Seto growled. "Is that understood?"

"Yes, mother." Joey teased.

Glace held her head. "I think I'm surrounded by idiots." (As in her Familiars, not the others)

((Sorry for long absence! I had midterms. >.< I see you, akiraa. I was trying to see if there were any other high-level students lurking around, but I guess there isn't, so, let's get this thing going.))

Ms. Fong motioned for her very few students to follow her into the void. She waited for them to come through- this lesson wouldn't be much good if she just showed it to them. They would be zinging around the Void quite a bit today- it seemed like the currents were at slightly higher activity than normal, so a little turbulence was to be expected. She held some slightly modified "Hero Signal" spells sheets- this would be what they would use if they got lost.

---

Stella was confused. What was going on? Was the lesson over? But she couldn't stop looking around warily. Was the professor going to come back out now? Those dragons were still there...

Akira smiled and hopped up and quickly followed. Yami almost cried out with joy. She didn't like sitting there doing nothing. She followed Akira in quickly staying close to Akira. She was going to make sure Akira stayed safe. She almost sighed with relief at the card that would help if they got lost. She then chuckled and waited to see what would happen. Akira smiled at the card as well and said "Thanks" she knew she wouldn't keep it but it was a good safety procedure.

Ms. Fong stood on what appeared to be a spontaneously generated dark purple platform. It was big enough to hold most of the class and seemed to be floating on nothing. Goyo Guardian stood besides her, using the end of his grappling hook to test for any abnormalities.

"Welcome to the Void," Ms. Fong said. "Take a good look around- what do you see? Don't be shy, feel free to stick your finger over the edge of the platform."

The Void was, at first glance, just emptiness, purple emptiness. To the inattentive observer, there would be nothing- not even gravity, although the platform seemed to be exerting some sort of grounding force. But actually, if one looked carefully, they would start to notice that there were streams of energy, in just barely noticeable different shades of purple and black, zooming around haphazardly. In fact, if one were to dip their fingers in, they'd feel the energy moving. There were a myriad of these streams, and all of them were different.

Akira followed the teacher and then bent over the platform. Yami wrapped her tail around Akira's waist to make sure she didn't fall in. Akira stuck a finger in to feel what felt like a stream of water running across her finger. She giggled and looked closly. It seemed there were different shades of purple and black flowing around but was barely noticable. She giggled again and tried to pull herself up. Her foot slipped and if it wasn't for Yami's tail she probably would have fallen in. She sighed with relief when Yami pulled her back up. She patted Yami and said "Thanks."

((Since Akira's the only student that has a player, I'll just throw in a few NPCs)

One student, after carefully reaching up past the boundary of the safety area replied, "There is energy, streams of it. I think some of them are stronger than others."

"Very good," Ms. Fong confirmed. "Most of these streams are relatively slow- if you were to fall in, you would still be able to remain in place. Now then," Ms. Fong waved her hand, and the platform slowly drifted close to another stream, a larger one, much faster stream that strangely occasionally had shots of almost-white purple running through it. "You may wish to take note of this stream. This one will bring you to the Duel Spirits' World. Feel free to touch it, however, the current is strong, I advise you to have your Familiars anchor you to the raft if at all possible."

Akira nodded and looked at Yami. Yami wrapped her tail tightly around Akira then dug her claws in. Akira feeling safe then stuck her hand in. It lurched with the flow and if it wasn't for Yami she would have fallen in. She gulped and Yami pulled her back. Akira then said "that is one strong and fast current."

((Waiting for Rakashua, otherwise can't reply))

(BUMP i think I killed this RP...)

((Not like I really know anything, but I don't think anyone killed the RP. The main problem is that some people are required to reply so a part of the story can continue, such as the RPer I mentioned in my last post, for example. Now, in my opinion, would be an excellent time for me to say, "Where IS everyone?"))

((Hm...I'm also at fault, but it seems like most people have vanished...should I remake this sometime in the future? It seems like it's dead...))

((I'm just waiting for either PD or Rakashua to post))

(I'm just waiting for SOMETHING to happen!)

((*Sigh* To heck with this. I know I'm gonna regret this, but...))

Glace glared. The duel had come to a standstill. It was as if the whole scene had completely frozen. Her eyes flashed as she glanced between her Familiars.

"Joey, Seto," She growled, "Inverted Ragnarok ~ Harmony and Devastation."

The dragons gasped.

"Glace, certainly you jest?" Seto stuttered.

"You know how dangerous dat is!"

"Yes, I understand." The duelist replied. "But time is almost up, and this duel needs to liven up a bit."

With their master's command, the Familiars took flight and launched attacks on the battlefield. Smoke billowed from the ground in response to the impact. No one was injured, but the ground in front of them was now an enormous crater filled with bubbling magma. A certain someone's hiding spot was particularly close to this devastation. It would only be a matter of time before the magma overflowed from the crater and swallowed the bodies of the other students. If that did happen, Glace wouldn't run. She smirked.

Edited by DiaGlace48