RuthlessWolves

Parents

My parents are flat-out amazing. Still, my mom's tantrums and stupid jokes where she acts like a kid can be annoying, I still love her dearly, as well as my aunt.

My parents are divorced, they've had a bad relationship ever since I was born and thus I haven't gotten very much into the whole family concept.

Still, mom is awesome. I live with her and she's a great support for me. Although there are things I don't really like of her... she's really nervous and has some dramatic mood swings. Also, she lacks authority with my brother and I, and even with my pet dogs; the house is kind of chaotic because of that.

I still love her, though.

My father... meh. I have disliked him for all my life. He has schizophrenia, obsesive-compulsive issues among other things. He has also the most annoying personality in the world. He used to laugh at me so much when I was little I eventually grew tired of it and decided to ignore him. Things got worse with him and the rest of my family and my parents finally got divorced. I haven't seen him for, like, two years I think.

I absolutely adore my mom. As she said the other day, we're more like siblings. We bicker good naturedly like sisters, get on each others nerves, and have so much in common it's decidedly scary. tongue.gif

My dad... We definitely don't have anything in common. He loves to tease me, its his way, and it often gets on my nerves. I don't like it, and he wonders why I snap at him sometimes. He also treats me like a little girl still. I'm twenty-two, and he wonders why he walks in and I'm watching Disney, he'd freak out if he knew I was actually watching something like Law and Order SVU. He tells me I wear too much makeup, and has teased me to blushing about the new guy in my life. Typical dad, huh? I hate being his only "little girl" sometimes. I'd move out, but me living with them = college bills being paid, not a bad deal at all smile.gif

All in all they're good people. A really good friend of mine used to call them her "fun parents." laugh.gif And considering her mom is a schizophrenic demoness...

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

Mine are way over protective...other then that their pretty normal (What ever defines normal anyway)

i hate my parents. My dad think he's abig tough guy(man i hate those people) and an censorkip.gif*** to almost every1, especially when no1 decides to put up w/ his censorkip.gif. The saddest part is me and all of my brothers can kick his ass. My stepmom(real mom's dead) is a total censorkip.gif* too. She complains about everything and tryies to treat me like a kid still, and im ~Censor evasion removed~20. I already moved out though and am doing fine on my own.

Edited by _Z_

i hate my parents. My dad think he's abig tough guy(man i hate those people) and an censorkip.gif*** to almost every1, especially when no1 decides to put up w/ his censorkip.gif. The saddest part is  me and all of my brothers can kick his ass. My stepmom(real mom's dead) is a total censorkip.gif* too. She complains about everything and tryies to treat me like a kid still, and im ~Censor evasion removed~ 20. I already moved out though and am doing fine on my own.

Good for you, I hate hearing when people have to live at home you their censorkip.gif*** parents. Hopefully, they won't bother you Thanksgiving.

Edited by _Z_

My father and I are kindred spirits and get along splendidly. He is a hard worker, a dedicated father (who gave up his alcohol addiction once my mother became pregnant). He is a first time father and raised me by himself. He is by nature a quiet person who enjoys being alone. After work he plays The Witcher, Civilization, Dragon Age and other games. smile.gif The man is very friendly and gets along with the most argumentative people!

Mother and I always had a more strained relationship. She has been a career crack cocaine addict, she's bipolar, suffers from PTSD, and apparently a panic disorder, according to her psychiatrist. But the temperamental, short blond brat loves me and I love her, too. I just can't live with her or spend more than a day with her, and look forward to moving to another country so she can't send her boyfriend to knock on my door at 1AM to ask for money anymore.

I feel for everyone here who has bad parents because I have seen firsthand what it does. My boyfriend has a terrible mother (verbally abusive, self-centered, the works). I see how it pains him every time he has to be around her or take a phone call from her. The most I can do is hug him when it is all over. So I send hugs to everyone here who is having trouble. user posted image Hang in there. It will get better. Get away from the situation when you can. Get more than a day's drive away. That is my boyfriend's plan.

My parents are control freaks,they want to control my life,they never want their little girl to grow up,they are over-protective and overly annoying.

My dad is over protective and scares people alot.png. My mom is really easy going.

My father lives on the other side of the world.

My mom believes that if I get hold of a gaming console, I'll fail at life.

..):

My dad is completely random. (He runs around singing Spongebob stuff)

My mum is, uh, different. On the phone or sleeping.

I don't have a very good relationship with my parents. I really wish I did. They do a very good job taking care of my brothers and I. They both work for a very steady income and make sure we've got money for things. They've always worked hard to provide for us.

But I feel like, in that need to make sure we have a stable lifestyle, they neglected a lot of emotional bonds. If I have a problem, I don't feel like I can talk to them, I'm much more apt to bottling it up. I'm not close to either of them, and envy people who have parents that act not only like parents, but like friends too.

And my mother...for my entire life, she's been very emotionally abusive towards me. She says things that make me feel completely worthless and treats me like I'm a pet that she's being forced to have.

Both my parents were drug abusers, so I pretty much raised my sister and I. My mom took my sister and left when I was 13ish and went out of state. Not long after that, my dad got arrested for his addiction and I went to live with a family friend. She ended up getting divorced from her husband, immediately brought in the boyfriend and was using drugs as well. Only about a year later she got arrested, my dad was thrown in prison and I went into the foster system. :/

My mother has the mind of a 5 year old, and can never hold a job. She never calls or texts (I'm always the one who has to keep contact) So I've given up trying.

Me and my dad have a good relationship though, which I'm happy about. I've always been a daddy's girl. ^-^

My mother and father are divorced and my mother got remarried...

My mother is really.... "nice" sometimes I think she's physio (not really) but she probably the most normal person I know. I see her as a clean freak but then again I'm sort of a pig

My step dad isn't the nicest person in the world, he has a temper but he can be really funny though. He works on doors I think. Oh! Also he has a concussion, not that bad he's getting a lot better

And lastly, my father is very kind and always knowing what to say somehow. He play the steel guitar and normal guitar and he's an electrician.... yep

My dad is insulting and my mother used to be phsyically abusive towards me. Now she's just very angry, pushy and yelly. My father is also pushy, but he doesn't yell or anything. He just refuses to accept a no.

My parents drive me crazy at times but they're always there when i need a hug, as they love me. Oh and also they are quite sarcastic! Its quite funny though!!! xd.png

I've voiced my wish to become an organ donor to my parents, forgetting the fact that they've lost two (more if you count the unborn) children and that they're sensitive about losing kids. I feel so sorry and bad right now.

Just an all around hard day.

My mom is alright. She's one of those funny persons that life has just kicked too hard.

My father from the other side... Well, he's mentally abusing. Luckily, mom is getting divorce soon.

My mom... well she's something, I guess. You know those people who are really nice to everybody except the people they live with? Yeah, she's one of those people. I don't live with her anymore though. Let's just say she thinks her boyfriend of a month or two is more important than the daughter she's been raising for 17 years. I moved out because I don't want to be in the same house as a complete stranger whose work schedule I don't know about.

My dad is something too. He's really nice and I love him, but he has his nasty moments sometimes. I don't really talk a lot to him because he's gone and we just talk over the phone every day for maybe 1-5 minutes or so. I live with him now, but he's hardly home, so I guess in the end I don't really have a lot of contact with either of my parents.

My mum is... ridiculously sarcastic. I get on much better with her than with my dad because my dad & I constantly disagree over everything. She's very patient, easy going and quite sanguine.

Talking to my dad, on the other hand, is like trying to argue with Wikipedia--you don't know if you're right or he is and we're both very obstinate. He's cynical, doesn't understand sarcasm and struggles with severe OCD.

Meh. I still love them both.

My Dad used to be an ass, but he got better as I become less of an ass myself, My dad adopted me and didn't marry, so he is my only parent, smile.gif

I love my parents and they're both awesome to me... But they're separated and they hate each other and can't even be in the same room for a second without arguing about something. It makes everything really uncomfortable because they're constantly saying things about each other and sometimes they ask things about each other and it's just really tense. My mom is always scared that my dad is going to try to take me from her and says he's emotionally abusive to her, and my dad says that my mom always lies to him. I cry when they're fighting over something a lot because a lot of the time I feel like it's my fault (and I cry really easily.) My step-parents... they're alright, I guess. I'm afraid that my step-dad would kill my dad if they were ever in the same room (because he's threatened to), and sometimes I can't tell if my step-mom is being genuine with some of the things she says, but generally they're pretty nice to me (although sometimes I disagree with the way they treat my siblings (my step-mom spoils my little brother which probably accounts for at least some of his bad attitude, and I feel like my step-dad favors the kids that are actually his, plus he's stricter with my two brothers than they're used to, so they think he's just being mean and it doesn't do anything for them but make them spiteful towards him. Plus he picks on my one brother who's particularly sensitive just to make him upset.))

My parents are wayyy too asian. T___T like, I got 10th chair at all region (I play violin) yesterday and they yelled at me for half an hour about not trying hard enough... :/ I /was/ pretty satisfied with tenth...