RuthlessWolves

Parents

Talk about your parents here. What they do that bugs you, makes you happy, or creeps you out. If you have nice, horrible, or even abusive parents, talk about them here.

Edited by RuthlessWolves

My father died when I was 8 and my mother abandoned me when I was 16 - she moved out while I was at school and one of the neighbors told me she had remarried and left.

Edited by rubyshoes

My father died when I was 9 and my mother abandoned me when I was 16 - she moved out while I was at school and one of the neighbors told me she had remarried and left.

Thats horrible, I hope things are ok for you right now. Currently, it seems like my father is about to abandon us soon...

Thats horrible, I hope things are ok for you right now. Currently, it seems like my father is about to abandon us soon...

I'm fine. I'm 45 now so that was a long time ago but still things like that do tend to effect you for life.

My parents are generally very giving. They hurl out insults easily, and are extremely set in their old-fashioned views (and believe me, I've tried to explain to them why it's kind of senseless...), but still...

They were raised far differently than my sister and I were, but it still bothers me a lot.

Despite that, they still try to be as accepting as they can manage without overstepping their own bounds.

I still love them, nonetheless.

/hugs Ruby

Edited by brokenglass

....My mom is bipolar, we think my grandmother is borderline personality type, and my father has been gone since I was a little kid so I live with mom and granny.

....I'm pretty much on the edge of murdering these people in their sleep. :l

My parents are truly awesome, overall. I'm particularly thankful to have parents that I can really talk to about things. Honestly, I can't remember a single time when I've regretted coming to either of them to discuss something that was bothering me.

Doesn't mean they're perfect, or that I agree with them 100% of the time, but the older I get the more I respect them. I hope I'm able to be as good a parent to my future children as they've been to me.

Edit: *hugs ruby and Vexx* Sounds like you have/had some pretty hard situations to deal with. :/

Edited by Imbecamiel

Fairly normal for what they are, eccentric compared to "normal people", sometimes I fear that they're gonna kill each other, but it hasn't happened yet, so eh.

Decent enough. Same with... well, both dads, really.

I have great parents, but they are too literal and not approachable.

Except, my dad yells at everything all the time.

My mom yells a lot and she is a loud person in general. She calls me fat all the time. She has every issue of vogue magazine since 1974. They are stored in crazy containers in the basement. Because of that, she has an extremely warped sense of what a normal body weight should be. She thinks everyone who isn't 6'0 and a size 00 could lose some weight.

She talks a lot, and to anyone. Even complete strangers. She also talks to herself. it's annoying and embarrassing. She's also weird. She wants me to be fashionable so bad, that she'll spend lots of money on me for clothes, but she won't buy me anything else. It's clothes or nothing. And then after she buys me clothes, she complains about how I forced her to buy me clothes that I never wanted :/.

My dad is awesome, and is known by all my friends as awesome. He's a quiet guy but everything he says is hilarious.

I can't stand my mom. One minute she calls me "baby-doll" and the next I'm the worst thing that ever happened to her. Then she leaves for Tuscan for the rest of the week and everything's fine, seeing as she never gets mad at me over the phone. Then she comes back and it's a total nightmare once again.

My dad isn't so bad. I'm kind of a daddy's girl, but he still only yells at me when I've actually done something wrong, unlike my mother.

Mom doesn't care at all, says she does, really doesn't. Dad is just... God. I can't say. Verbally abusive is really the only thing I can think of for describing him.

I can't stand my mom. One minute she calls me "baby-doll" and the next I'm the worst thing that ever happened to her. Then she leaves for Tuscan for the rest of the week and everything's fine, seeing as she never gets mad at me over the phone. Then she comes back and it's a total nightmare once again.

My dad isn't so bad. I'm kind of a daddy's girl, but he still only yells at me when I've actually done something wrong, unlike my mother.

My mom is kinda like that. But she can get frustrated easily and with slap the beans out of your head if you do something bad. ( So, in other words, she hits her kids tongue.gif )

My dad doesn't really care about whats going on at home or with the family.

Growing up both my parents were extremely strict with me a my brother. My father was always yelling at us just so we knew it was "his" house which meant "his" rules (I felt sorry for my mum because she was treated like that to). When I got older me and my dad argued quite a lot and thats because we're so similiar and he still treats me like a child which really annoys me. My mum at least treats me like an adult. I moved out of home at 18 and its the best thing that ever happened to me no longer having my dad always checking up on me all the time, having freedom I'd never had before. However with all that being said my dad can be a nice guy sometimes, he did buy me my first car.

Edited by Kaynight

My mother is the quiet, submissive type of woman, my father has serious self-image issues because he constantly boasts about every little achievement (especially those in the past) and thing he has seen/knows and that the rest of us probably don't know /cue sarcasm

Saying anything judging to him will provoke him telling everything that is oh-so-bad about you and slamming the doors and he's actually kind-of a real life spammer, always listening loudly to the music he likes (but telling me to keep it down whenever I unplug the headphones from the laptop) and he constantly goes on and on about his ideals (he's racist/antisemitic). Also, since he has been working at home for the last 1,5 years he hardly goes out of the house and clings to my mother for attention when she's home. He also comments every action I do whenever I'm in sight.

Uh, yeah, that's about it.

I'm looking forward to the day when I'll finally be able to move out.

I think I've been lucky with my parents, generally. Sure, they do have annoying traits (don't we all?). For instance, my mother has a habit of talking _all_ the time. There are some tings that, if you mention them, it's like hitting "play" at a record, and you get the same speech pretty much word for word, again and again and again. And if I get tired of all the talking and leave, she has been known to follow me to my room to finish talking. I don't live at home anymore, so this isn't really such an issue anymore. When I did live at home, it was really annoying me, but I don't mind as much now that I'm home twice a year. Then it can just be nice to hear my mother chatting away again, because it's been so long since the last time I saw her.

But apart from such annoying little things, my parents are generally very kind and caring. They've always supported my brother and me in every way they can. They've been a great help when with school too, as my dad is awesome with maths and all those kind of subjects, and my mom knows the rest. So no matter what subjects I had trouble in, I could get help at home ^^

I'm one of those people who could count her mom as her best friend. My sister is not so much one of those people. D:

But seriously, my mom is amazing. <3

My dad has gotten better as the years have gone on. Now that I'm a legal adult he can relate much better to me.

Overall, I got very lucky with my parents. Wouldn't change them for the world. <3

I'm one of those people who could count her mom as her best friend. My sister is not so much one of those people. D:

But seriously, my mom is amazing. <3

^^^^^^^ Agreed.

My dad's a funnyman with a moustache. He loves us very much but he just has a short fuse.

I love my parents a lot. They do so many things for me, and they care about what's going on in my life.

But the problem is...my dad's a drunkard, and my mom does get drunk quite often, too, but I wouldn't call her a drunkard...and they argue a lot. They overreact, they think differently, and they're just...they're different people completely when they're drunk. I will sometimes get involved in the drama because we're usually watching a movie or whatever whenever they start getting drunk, and it's kinda hard to notice if they're not saying/doing anything. I'll comment on something, my dad will disagree, we disagree, and things turn chaotic.

I was just asking him a question about my math homework once to get a huge thing to come out. He started doing the problem for me, and it was a simple question, I just knew how to do the rest, but he kept on trying to explain it to me over and over again (plus, I didn't quite want to trust him on what he said after I found he was drunk). I said "Dad, I know how to do the rest." and he freaked out on me. I went upstairs to finish my homework so I could get away from him, really, and he followed me to yell at me. I didn't say anything to him in hopes he would just go away, but he didn't until my (drunk) mom stepped in on it, causing a huge argument...

And he's done things I'd rather not speak of. If they stopped drinking, maybe things would be okay here...but it's really REALLY hectic here. I just wish I could destroy all the alcohol in the world...

My mom and I have a weird relationship where I used to say we where thiiiiiis close and recently I've realized we aren't. :\ She's one of those parents that is always glued to her smartphone and so I can't ever just talk to her without other interference. She's rather immature at times.

My dad has a "cool job" but travels about 7 months out of the year because of it and I kind of have a long standing grudge against this. We have a bad relationship, I don't speak with him much.

Well, my mom and dad got married in college (very stupid, if you ask me...). When my mom got pregnant, dad left us because he "wasn't ready to be a father". So, he just abandoned us. Mom moved back in with her parents and we lived with them until she met my ex-step-father. They never got married and they had my little brother together. The reason why I say "ex-step-father" is because mom kept trying to get him off drugs and stuff like that, and he started to become more violent. He's been arrested multiple times and he's still after my mother.

My father saw me when I was born, and the second time was when I was one year old. When I lived in PR, I would go to his house every weekend. He spoiled me as to cover up the fact he didn't want me in the first place.

Last year, his wife (yes, the ***hole remarried...) had his son... and he's still with them, raising the boy.

I'm half happy that my little brother gets to grow up with his father, but I'm also half mad... that I'll never have that experience.

As for my mom... we've been in a lot of verbal and physical fights. About a month ago, I gave her a black eye... to be honest, I don't regret it. I just hate how she tries to control me every now and then all the time. I mean... I'm 16 for crap's sake, I'm a high school senior, I'm going to college next year. She acts and talks to me like I'm a friggin' 5th grader. She thinks she can push me around when she stands at 4'11" and I stand at 5'4". I know she's intimidated because I played football (while she was a cheerleader in her own high school time, and in the "in-crowd"), she just acts like a censorkip.gif* to hide it. Ever since she started going out with her boyfriend, she's been neglecting my brother (who's only 13 and can't fend for himself) and me. We try to talk to her, but she comes out with the same dumb excuse: "Well, he's part of my life now". My brother and I always counter her with this one, which silences her: "Well, we're your kids. Aren't we part of your life, too? Or are we just bad memories of your previous failed "loves"?"

And to top it all off, they don't give a rat's *** if I get drunk at school, get in fights, and argue with teachers. But when I get a bad grade, hell explodes.

^ All of this is only a percentage of why I want to move out next year. Three cheers for college. dry.gif

Edit:

@ Ruthless: Trust me, you're not the only child who gets hit. Mom has BEATEN my brother and I since we're toddlers. That's how you know we're a hispanic family.

Edited by Toki Mishidozi

My parents are freaking rad. Haha. I should go tell them that like right now. But anyways yeah my parents are cool. I'm close to both of them. Not to say they're perfect but who is. I think it took growing up to realize how great they truly are and always have been. Because when I was a teen my Dad was always working so he wasn't around much and my Mom and I would have all out arguments. We'd go without speaking for a few days and then we'd be good again. I can remember her getting so mad one time she pulled my hair hard. I must have been like 15? I got threatened to get slapped a few times but as I recall that never happened. hm I still bicker with my Mom every now and then but I'm smart enough to walk away now and her temper is tooons better.

Indelicately, same.

My parents are good. I'm Asian. I get the usual, stereotypical why-did-you-get-a-bad-grade, but it's not that bad. Right now my parents are in Italy. They'll be there for the next three years. Instead of dragging me over with them, they stuck me under custody of my aunt. She's nice, and ya'll know her (I think). tongue.gif

I've been home-schooled since I was in 2nd grade, but just this year (7th grade) I began -dun dun dun dunnnn- public schooling again! I must say I am quite excited if not anxious. I'm not a genius, and my parents/aunt don't expect me to bring back a perfect report card. They're fair.