Sign in to follow this  
RuthlessWolves

Parents

I'm great at reviving old threads lately.

This isn't referring to my own parents, but my views on being a parent (which, for the record, I am not). For the majority of life I have never wanted kids. The idea of TW: being pregnant and giving birth freaks me out so much, and I absolutely loathe babies. But once they get to walking on their own and making a little bit of conversation, I think toddlers are adorable. Unfortunately, adoption is a difficult option for a single woman, so if I had children, they would have to be my own.

Beyond the shallow aspect of it, I think I fear being a parent because I don't want to be like so many parents out there who think they know what is best for their child when really they're just sheltering them from the real world and hindering them from becoming knowledgeable and well-weathered people. If I were a parent I would want to be an objective person, making sure my child got information rather than opinion. But that conflicts with who I am -- I'm an emotional, passionate, artistic person, and I don't want my beliefs to shape my child. I want them to shape their own. But if they aren't independent minded, then they will look to me for an opinion, even though I could be totally misinformed and misguided and evil in my views.

my mother is unintentionally emotionally abusive. she doesn't realise the damage she does, let alone the fact that her words leave permanent scars. a lot of the things she says are very hurtful in one way or another, but she's been working on that recently and she's getting a lot better with compassion and sensitivity. im very proud of how far she's come, and have since forgiven her for the things she said before. even if they still hurt.

my former step father is a [word withdrawn] and i dont think anyone would miss him if he accidentally got thrown into an active volcano. i dont even want to talk about him, he's awful.

my biological father has some temper problems, but i can tell he's trying to work on that. when he's not seething with anger, he's a lot of fun to be around and a very understanding person. there are some things i wish he would better understand, but rome wasn't built in a day and as long as he's trying to understand it's ok.

my step mother is a bit of weenie that really needs to step up her game and learn to better assert herself when she doesn't like something that's happening. she doesn't like to open up much at all, and i can see it's borderline destructive to her. but she's also very kind and contemplative, she if good at staying calm and thinking rationally and she can be a lot of fun when shes not stressing out about everything.

I have great parents, they're strict, but only because they care about me. There are times when I'm jealous of kids with easier rules, but most kids I know with the most lenient parents are jerks. They protect me but, though I can tell it's hard, are trying to let me be more independent I as I grow in maturity. As I said, there are times when I wish they were less strict, I can't view a third of the images on this site, but it's better than me getting myself in trouble.

Well since I'm an only child I mostly get all the things I want. There are some things that I probably wont get like a Bugatti Veyron. My parents are really nice, I have to do chores around the house but at least I get payed for it.

I like my dad. I don't like my mom.

My mother only cares about herself and her money. If I were to get very ill, like I did a few months ago with mono and strep at the same time, I would have to coerce her into taking me to the doctor. My brother is going into college, and I had to guilt her into helping him to buy some basic things that he would need (small things like laundry detergent), since he's currently unemployed. My dad can't buy a steak for himself without her complaining that it's a waste of money. She won't buy me things like clothes, and I hardly have any of those that fit. I have to pay for everything by myself. Did I mention I'm 14 and both of my parents have well paying jobs?

She goes to work at 1 PM and my dad goes to work at 6 AM. She has a lot of time to herself, but she wastes all of it on playing Candy Crush on Facebook instead of making sure that the house is cleaned or that we have any food left. Again, I have to do everything myself. She doesn't act like a mother, she acts like a child. I only have four years left, though. Frrreeedom!

I live with my dad, and I don't remember what my mom's like (my parents got divorced when I was 1 year and 3 months old), but I like it that way, I wouldn't want it to change (she was kind of a "bad" person, don't wanna get into details, blah blah blah).

My dad really loves me and my sis, but he can be a pain in the ~... neck. Yeah, let's go with that.

My mom and dad has almost opposite personality. My dad hates some food what my mon like. She likes talking while he doesn't like it. He likes action movie and she likes romance...etc.

My parents are both very nice people smile.gif

My dad has a short temper and often yells, and he has trouble putting other people's needs before his own, he's also very stubborn. Maybe that doesn't make him sound very nice, but he actually is great!

My mom is, tbh, amazing <3

my parents split when I was around 4

my mum is live your life as your life, open minded, make your own choices and live with them type person

I have not seen my "father" since I was 8 and started calling him by his name (father/dad are meant for the male parent that raises you not your sire)

I don't care for him, he tells my younger sister that he will contact her for her birthday every year but he never does

Unfortunately, they're both terrible! xd.png

My father has a bipolar disorder, which isn't entirely his fault but, he's always getting angry at little things. Like how my sister sleeps in on the weekends, despite having eight hour shifts every other day of the week. Or how we don't help with various chores around the house, despite not ever being home enough to do them. (only two of us are still living in the house and we both have full-time jobs) He's extremely homophobic, openly verbally assaulting anyone he sees who in his eyes, look gay. And frequently says that if me or my sisters ever came home with girlfriends, he'd "Take us out behind the shed and beat us straight."

My mother is flat out crazy. She becomes easily obsessed with things she gets invested in. Like when she first got an ipod, she would sit for days playing games on it. When she tried out some new diet, it was all she talked about, day and night. She's also a pretty big hypocrite. She boasts about how she's a huge supporter of homosexuals, and pro-gay-marriage. Yet when I mentioned that someone I liked who asked me out had been previously dating a guy, she lost her mind. She didn't yell, that would have been better actually. Instead she started talking in circles to my sister behind my back about how I was going to sleep with him and get aids, how my dad was going to die of a heart attack when he found out, and that I should be kicked out of the house for even thinking about it. According to my sister, she was more upset at that moment, then when my oldest sister lost her first child.

My parents are truly terrible people and I haven't even gone into half of what they say and do. If I wrote a book about them, I'd probably make millions xd.png Definitely not the kind of people you want to have to live with...

My parents are nice but I don't live with them anymore, even not in same town.

My mom annoys me most of time (because of my actual situation... and well she's right to annoy me with it). She is sever when it's necessary, she let my brother do things she doesn't let me do... only because he's a boy... or because she has less control on him (he's 9 years older than me). She has a strong temper that I got from her. She is really nice and always help me when I need. She's a cook in a restaurant and makes so delicious things. She didn't have a nice childhood, her father was alchoolic and her mother didn't had a job until her 50s. She has 2 sisters and 7 brothers (one died few years ago).

My father is really nice but it's horrible when he's angry (thankfully it's really rare). He love mechanic as his hobby (he's always in the garage when he isn't at work), he builded a whole pick-up with car pieces he took on other cars. We used to fight over for the computer (not anymore with my laptop and Wifi). He love to do puzzles. He has 3 sisters (one died when they were 7 (she was his twin sister) and has 2 brothers).

Whatever how much I complain about them, I would never change them and love them. They bought me a car, they paid for college. I'm lucky to have parents like them.

I love my parent, I don't know how to describe how awesome they are, they do their best to provide for my siblings and I and I feel really close with my mom, who I feel I can talk to her about anything. She is a really open minded person and can be so selfless some times.

*sigh* Yet another nightmare involving my dad trying to beat the crap out of me. Made a change this time - I think it's the first time in my dreams I've ever stood up to him when he tried. Still ended up badly.

My parents loved each other first and foremost and then us kids. As part of the baby boomer generation I was brought up differently from most others on this board. I love and loved my parents. Sure I felt they were unfair at times and the poor guys I dated had to go through the third degree with dad when I went out with them. Assuming I was allowed to go out with them.

I miss them, especially my mom who died when I was 20. Dad only died 18 years ago as opposed to Mom's 41 years ago. I was lucky as I was loved and they weren't ashamed to show they loved us. Yup, lucky.

Our mum and dad got divorced when I was six, and my sister was four, and we stayed with mum. We like it better that way, we believe that a good divorce is much better than a bad marriage. Our parents have a much better relationship since, they were too different to be together for more than they were, so their divorce was a healthy and wise decision.

My mum is overprotective of us two and can be overly strict in an attempt to make us take life more seriously and turn us into more ambitious young women, which I think is wrong, but she is always there for us, maybe even a bit too much, but we love her anyway. happy.gif

Dad is totally different - I'm more like him physically, while my sister is a combo of mum and dad, she has a bit of both. tongue.gif Dad is a bit selfish and self-centered, doesn't take life seriously enough, but is very supportive and understanding of us two and wants us to be happy, does his best to have a healthy relationship with us and see us often enough. Of course we love our parents. They may not be perfect, but they are our parents. wub.gif

Sign in to follow this