Sign in to follow this  
RuthlessWolves

Parents

My dad's an antisocial genius. He works on computers for a living and can shut off your internet in 50 different ways. He also likes to nose around in my buisiness. >>;

Mom is...well, she's mom. She likes to act like a ninja, is an excellent photographer and loves to go all sarcastic on me.

Mostly because she puts up with my sarcasm. X3

Me? Perfectionist Losers!I remember coming home with a less then perfect report card[89% on my Social studies average] and they screamed at me for twenty minutes and grounded me for a week and a half!

This for me too. They did the same thing when I got a B+ in smart math on my report card. And considering how much work I do just to get that B+...

They don't accept anything less than an A-.

They expect me to be perfect. I get yelled at if I drop a pencil.

Very selfish of me, but tonight will be the first good night's sleep that I will get in quite a while.

Nothing selfish about that. It's obvious you really care about your mum and have been very worried about her. It's only normal to feel relieved knowing there's now a professional staff looking after her, I think.

I always felt I was unlucky losing my dad to cancer when I was young (he was buried on my 12th birthday...), but reading all the previous posts I believe I was one of the lucky ones. Yes, I lost my dad too soon and it has put me through some difficult years, but I had a great relationship with my mom and I grew up without abuse and with all the support i could ask for. It's only the last 10 years (since I went to live on my own) that I feel my mum has issues letting go and she tries to control my life even though I am 35 now... I sometimes feel I can't really be myself when around her, I feel I have to be a better person than I am. But I think that's more about me not wanting to disappoint her, she's done so much for me I feel I owe it to her to be what she expects me to be. I love her with all my heart, even though she often gets on my nerves...

My parents are understanding and annoying... But its all good. My dad is a it of a perv and its where i picked it up from, but there is just something fun about sitting on the park bench compairing the different ladys that go by...

How is it after ten years my dreams still predominantly involve my Dad hitting me?

Did he? I hope not!

My wrist is knackered for a reason. Got quite a few hits and throws in my time.

It happens. I'm by far not the only one here who has that issue.

Bonkers.

Mum is a overcontrolling hypocrite with emotional problems and a hatred of video games, timewasting and my Dad, but does like VWs, cats and driving me isane with nagging. She dyes her hair and tries to be all hippy, but she's so concerned with 'giving out the right impression' it's like living with Aunt Petunia. Mum's the one who gave me my inferiority complex and slight dislexia.

Dad is a Buddhist Liverpudlian ex-biker Japanfan with a laid-back attitude who nonethless hates humanity- he was the one who made me the cynic I am, and knows everything there is to know about 'conpiracy theories'. Oh, and he collects samuri swords and teaches martial arts.

My stepdad likes football (soccer) a whole lot, lays bricks for a living and used to hit me on occasion. He's okay, but too strict and kinda boring. Tells the world's worst jokes. Officially.

But they love me, and I suppose that's all that matters...

My parents are very asian (sorry for stereotype here) and have really high expectations. They freak out over a 90 in math. .__. And I'm expected to practice piano/violin 1 1/2 hours a day... or more. But I love them~

Well, my 18th birthday is in 6 days, and two nights ago at dinner, my stepdad said "I think you should start drinking before your birthday so you know how much you can drink without passing out, so you dont pass out on your birthday in front of all your friends" I was just like OO... Pardon?

My parents... hate me and won't accept the fact that I'm a computer nerd.

'Nuff said

@Zephyr: Haha ABOVE THE INFLUENCE

@wonton: Yeah, my parents hate how I'm on the computer all day. .__.

My mom and dad are currently separating. Right now, my dad is in a different state looking for a job. He basically blames my mom for the whole thing, but everyone else in the family can see different, at least to some extent.

He believes its all because my mom -emotional- affair. I'll just tell you, it was nothing sexual. Purely emotional, although they did kiss. Anyhow, he is basically always whenever we get the chance to talk reminding me of that.

But thats not the only reason. He's also a big reason, hes crazy. Two days before Christmas he was going to attempt suicide because of something that happened at work. Of course, my grandparents called up the police and they took him to a hospital to check his mentality, he didn't even harm himself. He's a very convincing man, might I add. They let him out a day later, he came home and we had one heck of an awkward Christmas. Right now he's trying to butter me up, be extra nice to win me over so I would love him more than mom. Always reminding me its her fault that he can't be here and that he doesn't want any of it. Bull censorkip.gif.

Don't get me wrong, I like him and my mom. My mom maybe a bit more because I can relate to her easily, but I still love my dad.

He wasn't the nicest person when I was a kid, though. Now hes pretty wishy washy, even crying infront of me (I was crying too, though). But when I was just a little kid he would mentaly abuse me. Call me things like a special olimpian (very insensitive...and no, I'm not in anyway mentaly dissabled, at least not that way) and much more that I don't want to say. I hate sports because of him, when I was at my little swim meets or something he would cuss me out infront of coaches and everyone if I did something wrong. My mom would do nothing, get angry at him a little, but didn't really do anything. He'd hit, too, but not too much. It's more of his critisising and his attitude. He'd call himself the master of the house. He's not completely arlight, and I feel pitty for him for that.

I always look at my parents and think, 'Dang, hope I don't end up like that'. It's not very compasionate of me, but still. Anyways, it always feels good to talk about it, but I would never be able to talk in person. Thanks for asking.

Something seems really off about my mother. I had always noticed it, but never like this. She just hit me with some notecards, her hand and a tape dispenser. Then two seconds later she comes back and hands me a glue stick for my project. I don't know exactly what happened.

Well my mother got laid of her job a couple years ago and is at school studying to be a nurse. My dad is recovering from an alcohol addiction. He is getting better but my parents relationship is very rocky. Sometimes me and my dad don't get along and we argue a lot. I hate how he always puts me down for everything and he won't leave me alone. Me and my mom have a pretty good relationship. She's the only one that understand me.

My mom just pisses me off from time to time, and really contradicts herself.

She especially hates the fact that I'm only attracted to other women. She's always throwing little insults my way about the girl I like, her parents, her 'raver-ness', etc. She also told me I was going to hell once, and that when she thought of me being with Taylor, she wanted to 'vomit'. She likes to back me into corners or push me against stuff when we get into arguments on such topics.

My clothing style is another point of contention. I wear a lot of black; even I won't try to deny it. Apparently, I look like an emo, which is so ridiculously stereotypical, I want to scream every time she tells me. When I tried to add in some color (neon, mind you), and wear very minimal rave gear, to her, I suddenly became a 'drug addict'. She's always telling me I'm sending out the wrong messages about who I am. I also wear a lot of Kandi. Apparently, there is no such thing as a straight-edge raver (BS; I know three not including myself), and I should just start dressing like a 'normal person'. I also like to wear loose clothing, because I'm a little self conscious and do not like form-fitting clothing. By wearing plain t-shirts, pants, and mens' jackets, I look like a lesbian, according to Mother. Which isn't so bad in my book, but hey. She doesn't understand that not all lesbians dress like guys. Also, to really look like the stereotypical lesbian, I'd have to cut my hair short and bind my chest.

When I was little, I liked form-fitting clothes, and was always asking my mom for them. She would always tell me that form-fitting clothing was 'immodest' and would 'send out the wrong message'. Little did I know, loose clothing also sends out the wrong message.

My dad's just cool. He doesn't care about any of the issues my mom cares about, but he hates listening to me rant about my mom. I don't think he's ever hurt me in the same way my mom has, especially not mentally.

I won't be surprised if everyone just TL;DRs this. XDD

Edited by Doomy

I love my mom, but she never comes to see me or my kids. She never asks to babysit them which doesn't bother me but you'd think she would want to spend time with them.

I miss my dad sad.gif He passed away Feb 2009. He was a good, good man.

My parents had me too early. wink.gif They were still in College by the time I was born, so my first 2 years of my life were spent with my grandparents. I was a lonely baby.

Me and my mom became really close just lately. She's awesome. I discovered we are so much alike and we get along so well. <3

My dad on the other hand never cared for me or mom. He'd always considered me a pain in his crack, because I was distracting from his need of attention. I'm so glad he went. laugh.gif He is the kind of guy who will never ever grow out of his mommy's word. Or grow up, whatever. He was never happy with the way I am, always criticizing me because I never met his (mommy's) standards of a 'normal' person. He also hit me many times when I was a kid, for small wrongs that I did with no intention.

Now I can't stand being near him. blink.gif Looking back, I'm starting to hate him more and more.

He is only a male individual who helped with my procreation and that's all.

Edited by earthgirl

My parents...?

They want to save money too much. (Well, my mom more than my dad.)

If I ask to get something, let's say, 5 dollars, They're like "LOL NO U CAN'T HAVE THAT IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE"

....Then I end up buying it with my own money. (Which I nearly never have.)

My mom is alright, but gets annoyed at me and my brothers easily. If my brother does something wrong, and I talk to her about 10 minutes after, she'll yell at me to do something that I've already done or yell at me for no particular reason.

My dad is the awesome parent. (MOST of the time.) He never really gets angry at me, but I hate it when he'll tell me stuff I ALREADY KNOW, and that he knows I already know. Honestly, it's annoying. He'll always give me candy ^-^ And stuffs. He takes me to basketball games and baseball games all the time, too. ^-^

When my Parents were Alive they were total opposites..Dad was soft and daft, and my mum was hard and disciplined..neither were Huggy Kissy people but I think that was there upbringing both were from large families *dad youngest of 14 kids* *mum had 7 siblings* and it was back in the 1920's when they didn't really show that sort of emotion Having said that neither of my parents ever hit me or my sisters...in fact we kids were very spoilt...but we were latchkey kids as well as both my parents worked. rolleyes.gif

Sign in to follow this