RuthlessWolves

Parents

Ech, my mother is.. well, ech. She's bipolar, and she gained a lot of weight after going through a lot of stress a few years back. But, she has a tendency to project her own problems onto others, and she is very, very overly fashion conscious. So I'm constantly being told that I'm fat and should lose weight and dress normally and stuff. But I tend to avoid her, and am planning on moving out as soon as I get out of high school/have money, so yeah.

Otherwise, my dad's alright, though he's not really a father figure.... He's kind of too.. eh. He doesn't know how to treat a kid, and he was raised in a very strict.. male-dominant family :/ Which is kinda crap, but he gave me my love of computers and taxidermy... Oh, and books. And a few other things xd.png So it's alright.

^^^^^^^ Agreed.

My dad's a funnyman with a moustache. He loves us very much but he just has a short fuse.

Sounds like my parents except....

My mom is like:

"Y U NO HAS A+

U HAS 89% U GROUNDED TELL U HAS BETTER GRADEZ"

And I'm like

Dx

"Y U NO HAS A+

Sounds exactly like my dad.

My parents also really hate each other, but if they divorce, mom would live on the street.

I love my mum. She's so awesome. <3 She has the silliest sense of humour and cracks stupid jokes all the time. She never questions my weirdness, and fully supports my love of art and all my hobbies, but she keeps me on track and makes sure I never forget my school work, and looks after me, of course. I do love her, even if we snap at each other ocasionally, but it's usually resolved laughing. And she gets all my inside jokes with her. :3

As for my dad...We were closer when I was younger, but now, I don't like being around him. We fight all the time, especially when my mum isn't home, so I generally avoid talking to him. He's in a really crappy mood some days, and he takes it out on me by snapping at me and creating stupid arguments. I rarely have nice conversations with him anymore. It might sound harsh, but I feel no difference from when he's here and when he's not- Though I prefer it when he's not. We've just grown apart. :/ But I get along alright. o3o

Edited by Cheshire

My Mum is the reason I function as well in the world as I do today. Without her help, her upbringing, I don't know that I'd ever have been able to leave home (or the care system) and get a job. It's not an exaggeration to say my Mum is the reason I am who I am. I always tell people that if they think well of me they have my Mum to thank for it smile.gif

That doesn't mean she and I haven't been through some rough patches. Especialy while I was in my late teenage years But we've talked. We've patched things up. And the past is pat. I think we're closer now than ever.

The relationship with my Dad is a little more... formal, I guess you'd say. While not diagnosed he comes across every bit as Aspie as I am. I've some really good memories of times otgether when I was young, and we still have some good times together now, but we're not half as close as I am to my Mum.

My mother is nice enough now, but she's a perfectionist to the extreme. She used to yell at me when I got B's in school, and complain that my brother got an A, so why couldn't I? She used to be borderline verbally abusive with me when I was younger, but that's stopped now that I'm older. Although she's still very critical of me, treats me better than she used to.

My father always has been a very distant person. His family never said "I love you" very much, so neither does he. Sometimes I can't tell if he loves me or not, but I'd like to think that he does.

Eh.

My mother is a somewhat insane woman, automatically blaming someone or something when something happens, and is overall a ticking timebomb. She's social and likes to tease me when I can't do something.

For example, I went to an Urgent Care clinic on Thursday, and they needed to get a throat swab. I have a hard time doing this, and they always have to put a tounge presser on my tongue because I can't hold it down on my own -- it arches high.

So the nurse laughs after she discovers I have a hard time saying "aaaaah". My mother goes ahead and butts in saying, "Honey, it's a basic thing people can do during a doctor's visit," and then when I'm about to puke because of the swab (at this point I'm gaging up mucus), she and the nurse start laughing because I'm drooling so much.

And me, being in PMS and just knowing what my mother will say, I start crying.

My dad, however, is my best friend. I can talk about almost anything with him, and he'll do almost anything for me. I could disagree with him, but he'll acknowledge my opinion and then tell why he disagrees, without blowing steam. But we almost always have the same views and opinions, and we both have an overall mellow temper. Plus, he can STILL make me laugh.

Oh, family.

... I have pretty awesome parents.

They don't go all crazy on me if I chose to dye my hair or cut it.

They don't care what I wear, as long as it's not trashy and it fits my size.

They don't go all crazy on me for simple things. Just when I do my homework and not turn it in (I'm in Running start, so go figure)

They let me be the Star Wars fanatic I am... As long as I can hold a normal conversation...

Sounds like my parents except....

My mom is like:

"Y U NO HAS A+

And I'm like

Dx

That sounds exactly like my mom. While it does motivate me to do better in school, it's rather scary. Especially when she hits me if I get a B on something. Sometimes, if I'm really tired, she'll tape my hair to a wall to ensure that if I fall asleep, I'll have a rather rude awakening... She's also annoying in the sense that whenever I say somethimg, she'll analyze every possible meaning of it, and choose the worst one. Then she'll yell at me for being rude.

My mother is the best mother I could ask for. We have our differences, but what daughter and mother dont?

My father died when I was 6, and my Step Father I had between then and age 20 was a verbally and physically abusive so and so. I was thrilled to get away from him, utterly thrilled.

My mum is remarried now to an awesome guy. I'm delighted to call him my step father.

All's well ends well. smile.gif

I'm in a Love/Hate relationship with my parents.

I love them because I have to and I hate them because I want to.

My parents are like fire and ice. Opposites, how they fell in love and got married and remain happy I have no clue.

My mom seems mentally unstable. She depends on praise for her doings, and completely blows up when she is criticized. She can be a bit of a hypocrite, and shuns out what she doesn't like to hear. She keeps very close ties to her parents, who are very old fashioned and often treat my uncle with more respect than her. She gets pushed around too easily and instead of taking a stand she complains. She's too frightened to stick up for what she believes in and that really makes me mad.gif sometimes.

My dad on the other hand, is awesome. He's a very logical and down to earth person. He's one of those people who has a solution for any situation. He's extremely good at what he wants to do because he wants to do it perfectly.

I think some of it came from experience. He's lived deep in the bushes of Ivory Coast and has some incredible stories about living with almost nothing. Not to mention he's a really good cook cool.gif

So yeah, fire and ice.

Real dad left when I was born. Apparently he couldn't handle twins but wanted to keep me. Mom says she found him on Facebook and his children want to meet me. I don't think I will ever meet then but yeah. Onwards. Grandma said he wasn't a nice person and got in trouble a lot with the law, so I'm not going to bother finding him. Me and my twin were mostly raised by my grandmas or my mom, but I don't remember her ever being around. She never had a permanent job and still doesn't. Her and I don't see from the same standpoint and never did. She knows that I know stuff and hates me because of that. All of "stepdads" that had come into my life were either abusive or treat me like trash. I was happy being at grandmas but that later caused tension too because her best friend passed away and she kind-of lost it. It's funny because when I grew up like this I thought things like that were supposed to happen. But then I saw my friends families and them spending time together. But I now read these on here and feel a bit better, I don't know whether this is bad or not but...makes me feel more normal...v.v Cause that was seemingly something i never had.

My mom is like:

"Y U NO HAS A+

And I'm like

Dx

... My parents are like any other asian parents. >^<

There was this one time I got a B on a test, and they were like: *EXPLOSION*

Edited by lachrymation

My mom is like:

"Y U NO HAS A+

That's how my dad is. I don't care, so I tune him out. An engineering school won't be the slightest bit interested in the fact that I got an 89 in AP US history, they will look at my math and science grades, which are both 99%s at this point. rolleyes.gif

My dad is well meaning enough, but eh.. >.o I avoid him.

Try not to. You will really regret it, years later.

My family is great ^ ^; we're all very close, although we tend to fall out sometimes X3

About a year ago though, my mom developed cancer >.> bad times..

Ha... I feel like a teen again... My mother is a bit... overprotective and controlling you could say? She is just trying to be a good mother. My father, I don't know well. My step father is lenient, yet he can snap if you bring him to a point. I don't live with my parents anymore. I live my own life.

Daddy: heaven on earth.

Mommy: hell on earth.

both are very generous, kind, and truly loving. though mom just has no idea how to *show* it. and dad...<3 its always a relief when mom has to leave for days at a time, where i can be with daddy all the time. wink.gif

Dad: drinks too much to deal with my mothers craziness. Didn't do anything about the abuse from my mother.

Mom: I am unbelievable lucky to be alive and to have survived childhood. I wont say intact because I have major physical health and mental health issues from the abuse but egh.

Leaving or going to the cops was not an option. If I did so she threatened to beat my twin and have my younger sister lie for her. She never abused our younger sister or abused us near her so my little sister honestly didn't know. Later when my twin got pregnant if I so much as breathed a word about the abuse my mother threatened to force my twin to have an abortion or beat her so badly she miscarried. At that point in time yes my mother could have gotten away with legally forcing my sister to abort.

Currently my parents are off drugs and act somewhat normal. I still wouldn't leave my children with my mother ever. I endeavor to be the best mom on the planet to my own children and do everything "right" to love and care for them to the best of human ability's and to teach them how to be kind loving law abiding productive members of society.

I love my parents. They're pretty awesome people secretly. Over the years I've grown closer and closer to my mum, despite her obsessive compulsive control freakish behaviour at times - she can't function unless everything is in perfect order - she's a sweetie. I used to be closer to my dad, I take most after him personality-wise, he's lazy and quiet and I'm lazy and quiet, but it's those same traits that annoy the hell out of me at other times.

Both my mom and dad are slightly crazy, but in a good way. They're the best parents ever, in my opinion. They both love to laugh, and both appreciate my humor, and they laugh at my jokes. I'm lucky to have such amazing parents.