RuthlessWolves

Parents

My mom's a nut and my dad is still a child inside, but they're both pretty awesome parents. My dad and I butt heads a lot, because we both have the same thickheaded stubbornness and the need to be right, so we argue but usually it's over something stupid. My mom is a bit of a control freak, and sometimes a hypocrite...but it's amusing. I'll remind her of some event coming up that she's forgotten about and she'll say "You never told me about that." Yes, I did. But whatever rolleyes.gif

Neither of them are mean or abusive or anything like that. I mean, of course my mom is concerned about my grades, and concerned about my life overall, as well as my siblings' but I don't get grounded on a daily basis for getting a C on a test. My parents have their hands full, with three kids at the toughest stages: one teen (me), one pre-teen (my brother), and one feisty, strong-opinionated nine year old (my sister.) My dad currently has no job but we're doing all right, and he's trying his best.

My parents? I wouldn't trade them for the world. It surprises me that not many people I know can say the same. It makes me feel luckier to have the parents that I do.

Edited by glamoursea2

My mom punishes me for some pretty stupid things. My dad bought me a $1 rose from the store one time, and she grounded me out of jealousy. My mom thinks that i'm the worst behaved teenager in the world, and she's always complaining about "how much I hate her".

Try not to. You will really regret it, years later.

I don't really get why people say that so much, that phrase almost got me killed. Then again, I tend to worry so who knows, even if I hadn't of ever heard it, things might of went the way they did. Still, sitting in a bad situation because later on you MIGHT regret something doesn't seem like good advice ... ever.

I don't really get why people say that so much, that phrase almost got me killed. Then again, I tend to worry so who knows, even if I hadn't of ever heard it, things might of went the way they did. Still, sitting in a bad situation because later on you MIGHT regret something doesn't seem like good advice ... ever.

Well, I for one agree fully with that phrase. My dad died in 2009. It will have been 2 years on the 17th of this month. I regret not having spent every possible second with him, and I always wonder if things might have turned out differently if I'd just done something like gone shopping with him one of the times when I didn't. Then again, I wasn't in a bad situation. I was just being stupid, absorbed in my new computer and the wonders of the internet, but I still wish I had spent more time with him.

Mine are.... Well, they could be better, but they could be worse.

Dad is a very smart person - but for some reason or another, he only acts his age at work. He treats me as if I'm a child (I'm fifteen.) and never takes anything I say seriously.

For instance, usually if I have a criticism (which, ninety-five percent of the time, is about his effin' car that he simply refuses to spend the money and buy a new muffler for) he laughs.

... And doesn't take anything I say to heart.

I honestly don't take him seriously anymore either.

... Mum is... Okay. She does some really weird or annoying things and sometimes sort of acts like she's half-asleep (or on depressants), but at least she treats me like my age. >.>'

Edited by digipup

My dad was emotionally abusive (I know, emotional abuse, boohoo, suck it up) while I was growing up, and we have a really strained relationship because of it. With the exception of the past few months, I usually only see him once or twice a year.

My mom was never really there for me, and she has a lot of mental issues (bi-polar, suicide attempts, once while I was staying with her). I have more of her in me than my father, which is a little scary, but she is the creative one, the tolerant one, and has never made me feel like I was anything but amazing. It's kind of funny how complimentary their parenting styles were. He was the strict, pushing, mean parent; she was the calming, encouraging, lenient parent.

I still love them both (even though with my dad it's love/hate) and when it comes down to it, I wouldn't be who I am today if they weren't who they were back then. So... thanks for all the bull, because it made me strong. :]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Parents.

My dad has been blown out of his mind on drugs about half of my life. He used to be a cop, ended up having to quit because of it (wrote some checks on the police account. He put the money back in but was still charged with theft over $500.) He quit, got worse, got a job, lost it, had a couple DUI's, etc etc... ended up in jail for a little over a year. Figured, okay, maybe he can stay clean this time. Mmmm no. He lasted a week or two. Some of the best weeks of my life. I felt like I had a dad again. Then... He went overboard again. Ended up in a standoff with the police and got tazed like 5 times. Almost died (combination of the tazing and the 300+ mucinex pills he downed). Came out of it, ended up in jail for another 18 months. His mom didn't come see him the whole time he was in jail. While he was in she was diagnosed with cancer. The day he got out something ruptured and my grandma died in a pool of blood in front of us. He went off the deep end again. He's staying at a hotel and he's blasted every day. What a father.

My mother is constantly on the verge of a nervous breakdown, on account of having to sell our house when she became the only source of income, downsizing, moving 3 times inside 6 months and raising two kids.

Sooo I don't have much in the way of parents. I've got it better than some kids though.

My dad and I had a pretty strained relationship: I couldn't trust him because he'd once half-strangled me as a child when I hit my younger sister. He treated me like a boy and often made fun of my pudginess. He half-abandoned us and remarried; he would only see us twice a month after that. He openly favored my little sister over me for no reason for many, many years. He was a jerk a lot of the time. He yelled at me a lot for very stupid things and tended to make me feel like a failure at times.

He died a month ago quiet suddenly despite holding out against many debilitating problems for several years.

I really regret that our last words were exchanged via text and not voice, after a few months of no communication at all. Now that he's gone, everything else just seems so trivial and I'd do anything to have just one more day with him.

Cherish people while you have them.

My parents got divorced years ago, my brother and I live with my mother.

I see my father once a week, sometimes every second week. Our relationship is OK cause we don't talk very much about what he did. He was unfaithful for years until my mother decided to leave him. He married again and I hate his new wife, so I'm absolutely happy with seeing him not often.

My mother let me do what I wanted my whole life, she never said things like "You have to be home at 11 pm!", just "Call if you come home later.", she bought me a car, I have a horse while my father refused to pay a single cent for the car.

Still we argue sometimes, cause we're very different in some ways, but I think that's how it's always.

Now I'm twenty years old and still live at home. I will at least for the next three to five years, cause the university I'll go to is in the town just next to where I life.

My parent are going through a divorce and my mom keeps accusing my dad of cheating on her, then she takes it out on me. My dad is awesome but my mom isn't, she's like a psycho. But anyways I'll be all right.

I have wayyy overly protective parents.

Maybe it's that they're super-azn, or I'm an only child, or both.

But it's annoying. x_x

My parents are brilliant, hard-working, and hilarious to be around. They're not perfect but I wasn't the perfect kid growing up either.

There will come a time in the future when they'll no longer be around, and I know that at that time, I would trade everything to have one more minute with them.

Mum passed away when I was 14. I loved her, but I always felt like something was missing in our relationship somehow.

Dad is...Dad. He's a pretty cool guy. I'm fairly similar to him in personality ( have a tendency to hold grudges), so we do clash on things every now and then. Sometimes there'll be days where we don't say a word to each other, and then, the next morning, everything's back to normal.

My mom and dad are split up,but not divorced,they just can't agree.

I live with my mom though I still spend lots of time with my dad.

He's currently stopped smoking after 35 long years,it's been a week which is the longest he's held it of and I'm quiet proud of him,his lungs are repairing but I'm afraid they'll only repair to a certain amount.

My laptop charger's connection is bent and I keep asking for a new one but the answer is always 'No! It's your fault it's bent so you go get money to buy your own.' I guess it's quiet fair though because they don't have much money and I should go get an application for a job.

My dad has a gambling problem. We would move constantly because he gambled away all our money. (We lived in Vegas.) My mom, brother, and I moved to my grandparents house while he was away visiting his parents. My mom met my stepdad when we went camping with my grandparents. He's the best (step)dad you could have: He's nice, he works hard, and loves Coca Cola! xd.png (However I h8 Coke, Pepsi, and Dr. Pepper.) Btw, my actual parents are divorced o. o. Forgot to mention >.<^

Edited by UmbreWulf

Dad died when I was 12. Mom died a year and a half ago.

Dad was abusive and evil. He cheated on my mom and some of my earliest memories were of him beating her. He tortured my mentally handicapped brother but treated my sister like gold. I was just an extra, he didn't pay much attention to me. When he did, it was usually to yell at me.

About a year before he died, he tried to change his relationship with me and we started to get a bit closer though.

Mom was an amazing person. She was my best friend and the only person in the world who I truly loved and trusted. She had many many flaws but I still loved her more than anything in the world. Although most of the time I was more of the parent and she was the child in our relationship, she was still a wonderful mother and I think she did a great job raising me. She never beat me, rarely ever had to punish me, taught me morals and values, and taught me how to be a good person. Now if only my sister would have learned some of those values.

My real dad died when I was five years old, and my step dad was a good man. He was a workaholic and was gone a lot truck-driving. When he was home, he cared very much about us but I don't think he knew how to relate to me very well because I wasn't a girly girl and was nothing like his daughter from his first marriage. I was always an outcast and a loner, a book worm and a nerd, and not the little princess he always tried to make me into. He was a good man, and he never treated me like I was just a step-daughter. Even when he and mom split up, he still treats and thinks of me as family.

My mom was a good mom...she was pretty lax and hardly ever disciplined me so it's amazing I turned out as well as I did, I guess xd.png I got away with everything but I never really tried to break rules so I guess it was a respect thing. She used to take me out of school or let me skip if I was just having a bad day, she never grounded me for more than an hour, she didn't make me do a lot of chores, I was spoiled.

I'm long since out of the house and actually a parent myself. My kid's not old enough to talk yet, but she'd probably tell you I'm very strict and don't let her get away with anything. c.c; I have definite boundaries for her and don't like letting her step over them. Her daddy spoils her rotten and never disciplines her so she's already a Daddy's girl. I suck at playing with babies...I'll be happier when she's old enough to talk and interact more, so we can play real games together.

Both my mom and my step dad I still talk to, mom every day and my step-dad at least once a month. He still works a lot so it's hard to get hold of him most of the time. But yeah I'm an old fart and still love adoptable pets. xd.png

So many sad stories on here, it makes me happy to have the parents that I have, even though my father is horribly old-fashioned and stubborn, i still love him and my mother. the one thing i hate is that they are both stupid. seriously, if they took an iq test their scores combined would be less then mine, but i guess that it's because that by some miracle i'm a "smart kid" (in math classes over a grade higher, and advanced english and social studies, and i still get all A's.)

I generally love my parents, but they have an annoying tendency to ground me (ie block my Internet connection and take away my extra-ciricular activities if I make some "disrespectful" comment. And disrespectful is in quotes because I still haven't figured out what it means to make a "disrespectful comment". My mom will also scream loud enough to bring the house down on top of us, although she'd never actually hurt me; she's never done anything more than a slight slap. And she doesn't yell very often. My dad's a tech nerd and knows how to shut down my laptop remotely... So annoying.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Generally my parents are great, I mean I can do nearly whatever I want when I have good grades, and they would risk their life for me. But my mom has these weird ideas that I should clean my room and get off the computer. My dad and I have a special relationship. Like friends, I joke with him and things like that. Yea there are times when I wish they would leave me alone. My mom's okay, but you know, she likes to yell and tell stupid jokes nobody gets. But without them I would never be like this. Unique I'm my own way

Yup, my parents are legen... wait for it

DARY!

But my mom has these weird ideas that I should clean my room and get off the computer.

Mine too. xd.png

My mom is really nice. My mom and I are really alike. She's also really smart and really cares about me and my sister. So does my dad.

My dad is an artist. He's also very smart. I can have deep discussions with him about anything. He doesn't laugh out loud, but I feel great when I can get him to smile or laugh quietly.

I can talk to either of them about anything.

My parents are very blasé about everything.

Friends, clothes, etc., etc.

Sometimes it's cool, not having parents who care much about what I wear.

Sometimes it's not.

They one thing they do care about -to some extent- are my grades. Getting bad grades themselves isn't the problem. They care when I get a bad grade because I have no idea what I'm doing. They know I make stupid mistakes. 7x8 is 49. always. every. single. time.

but they know I know that 7x8 is actually 56, so it doesn't irritate them that much. they just kind of say, 'don't make the mistake next time.' but if i don't know something , they've got to turn a simple concept into rocket science.

but i do love my parents. ♥

Mine are pretty funny and cheesy. They mostly bug me all the time xd.png. I've been homeschooled all my life. My mom teaches me. I'm going to school next april. My whole family has been really supportive with me. (Even though my mom and dad are divorced I STILL LURVE THEM THE SAME THEY LUURVE ME!) I'm blessed with my parents :') Oh and i typed this on my DSi so sorry for any spelling mistakes @w@

They know I make stupid mistakes. 7x8 is 49. always. every. single. time.

I have a friend who always used to put 8x8 is 16. Oh, little tip my 4th grade math teacher taught me to remember 7x7: "Seven times seven is forty-nine; shut your mouth and get in line." LOL.