Juzz

The Requiem: The Girl From the Sky

"I need to know are you in this for the long run? That you won't run when things get hard or when some..... Strange stuff goes down" Cloud asked, staring her in the eyes. His Hazel eyes staring deep into her's trying to search for any signs that she may answer untruthfully. "Azure, by nature, doesn't trust outsiders for good reason.... Nor do l. Ihave been backstabbed too many times to trust others, Jin is one if those few Knights I am good friends with... I'm responsible for him, and if any one or thing ever hurt him, I'd hunt them down and teach them the meaning of pain" He hissed, watching for her reaction.

Lucifer bristeled. How dare he question her loyalty? She might have been a thief, a murderer, and some even have gone to called her an unruly ruffian. But nobody has ever doubted her integrity when it came to being loyal. What few friends she did have in this world she had stuck by through thick and through thin. She was not some cringing coward, running away when trouble comes. Besides, she loved trouble. It was, in her opinion, the frosting on the cake. But she has had noticed that it wasn't really for everybody. Her eyes met Cloud's, blazing with fury. "Wut do you think?" She growled, in a voice filled with venom.

She tried not to get to worked up, but she couldn't stop herself. "Were you the one who tried to get to him? Knowing that he could very well kill you? I dun't think so! And did you stare death in the face, missing it by an inch? I dun't recall you doing that?' Lucifer looked away, pausing to calm herself down before something bad happened. She could already feel her body heating up. Which was usually a really bad sign. And after so much energy expension earlier, she doubted that she could support another fullscale combustion.

"You're not the only one who's been betrayed before you know." She sighed, trying to push the anger away. It was hard though, being the naturally agressive person she was. "I've had my best friend try to kill me. My own parents threw me away. Then so did all the other families I've had." Lucifer gave a bitter laugh. "If I can even call them family. And you saw wut Toro there was like." She suddenly noticed what Lorkin was doing.

The moment he had heard those words, the panther had lept to his paws. Bristeling even more than his mistress was. And now, he was pacing around, his long fangs glinting threateningly in the sunlight.

"Sorry, ok..." Keith said with an apologetic look after almost hitting Lucifer. Sora felt worried about what just happened since she can't really make-out what was happening. After feeling that nothing bad actually happened, she began moving on with everyone.

Kou was leading everyone in the group with Sora right behind him. Sei was walking beside Keith, just behind everyone else. At times, Sei would glance at the trainee, specifically, his sword. 'It just appears out of nowhere... And no one questions it...?' he thought as he tilted his head. '... Though... There is such magic as weapon summoning... But it's quite a high level skill...' he sighed, finally giving up figuring it out.

The others seem to be chatting too. Maro and Tobias were speaking about her wolf. Lucifer and Jin also seemed to be speaking as well, with Cloud looking a bit... Different as he watched the two. Since almost everyone were talking, Sei felt quite awkward as he turned to Keith. He gulped and began to speak.

"So... Erm... You worked for Gresia right...?" He asked in a weak voice. Keith immediately turned to him and the distance between the two immediately widened three-fold. Sei unconciously strayed far from Keith. 'I can't believe I just asked that...' he thought, feeling fear. Keith didn't seem to be mad or anything though, but Sei can't help but feel scared.

'Is it just me or did Sei just move farther...?' Keith thought as he stared at the boy. He then looked back ahead, to which Sei sighed in relief. "Well..." Keith continued, Sei flinched, but relaxed again seeing that Keith doesn't seem mad or anything. "Yeah. They were weird guys... All they kept talking about was either about 'fighting' or 'killing' and how good it felt" he sighed and scratched his head with his free hand. 'Wow... Now that I think of it... I feels like I was really desperate to earn money that time...' he pondered, looking down the ground. Sei was about to speak when Keith cut in, continuing his 'story'. "Now that I think of it... The one who paid me seemed rather regal, the way he spoke that is. He was wearing a hood and stuff, so I can't see his face" Keith added as he stared at the others whose conversation seem to be heating up. Especially Cloud who finally began to speak. "Oh yeah! The guy had red hair sticking out his hood!" he smiled, finally recalling something. Sei was again going to speak when Keith's smile suddenly turned into a frown. This made him move farther to Keith.

The trainee immediately walked toward Cloud's group, leaving Sei at the back. Sei looked puzzled, but after noticing that the conversation between Lucifer, Cloud and Jin seem to be getting bad, he looked worried, but didn't change his pace to try and catch up.

Keith walked in between Lucifer and Cloud, hearing Lucifer speak. "Hey, hey! Chill people!" he smiled trying to brighten the mood. "We're all friends here right...?" he added, tapping the two's back. "I understand your sides, but this is not the time for that... Enemiess may attack anytime. Don't get your emotions get ahead of ya" he added. "Besides... Luci... Please understand us... Senpai is just worried about Jin, and I am too. So don't take things personal..." he continued. "

((I'm gonna assume that everyone is walking while they speak... We're never going to progress at this rate xd.png))

After Maro answered Tobiases questions ((sorry if that's god-modding but i can't think of anything else to say.)) he turned around and looked at Sei. "Hey. Come up here. We could use the company. I can't remember if you ever mentioned your name. I'm Tobias."

He looked at Sei with his black eyes with a very casual look. It looked very serene and peaceful. I wonder why this guy is such a coward. Whatever, to each their own. "So where are you from?"

"Ah... It's Sei. Sei Raynard" he answered the boy absentmindedly. Sei was thinking if he should intervene between Cloud and the others when Tobias called him in. In the end, he figured, he can't help anyway and he might end up making things worse, so he sighed and turned to the Student.

"So where are you from?"

Sei hesitated answering the question and paused for a moment before replying. "... Kevia" he answered with hesitation. "I was born and raised in a small village outside the walls of Kevia..." He added in a weak voice.

"Oh!! You're from Kevia..." Tobias' voice trailed off. "Sorry. It must hurt to lose your hometown to the enemy." He looked down with a little regret, or was it pity? "I'm from the village back there. It's not the greatest, and the food isn't exactly gourmet cuisine, but it's enough to survive. Have you tried any?"

He looked intently at Sei.

((I feel evil asking that. It's mavelous. Simply mavelous.))

Edited by dragoon1234

((I think it should be Tobias' with apostrophe instead of 'es'... Unless that's how you do it from where you are xd.png))

Sei bit his lip feeling really bad. After all, he may be considered the reason for its downfall... At least almost everyone in the kingdom thinks he did it. He's not sure himself. It's not like he had any family left there. His mother is dead, his father is missing and he doesn't really have any other relatives. Sure he has a friend back there, but they haven't seen each other for a long time. The whole reason for his travel was to move to Arcaia, hoping he has a relative there since his father came from said kingdom. It's actually a gamble for him to travel.

"... Yeah... The chief offered us food... It was good" he answered with a weak smile. Sei still seemed rather troubled after suddenly remembering about Kevia. Sure, he was bullied by other kids for being a coward, especially with his frequent rambling about becoming a knight. They were poor, but they lived off nicely with all the graces the forest close to the village brings. Still, he had a good life...

((That's world wide. It's the language called bad grammar. laugh.gif))

Wow. I wonder what got into uncle to give them our food. Whatever. "AH!! Yeah. Most of the villagers are really good cooks. I should be grateful for learning the basics when I did." Tobias' eyes trailed off a little. He couldn't stop thinking about his dad so he decided to ask. "Did you see a really tall man? He has an air of elegance but fear as well. Like he's very important. "

Sei listened to Tobias, as he tried to forget about Kevia. "From the village...? Erm... I don't think so..." he answered with an unsure tone. At least that was what he thinks since everyone in the village seemed like dried vegetables. Not in the sense of looks, but more in the aura they emit. That may be mostly because of the dry season, but still, none of them seemed... Elegant. Well, at least that was before Sora came around. After the villagers discovered her return, they became lively again... Sort of.

"Have you tried asking... Uh... Kou...?" Sei added absentmindedly, as he tried to reacall the village.

Tobias looked down and kicked a pebble. "No. I haven't asked Kou yet. Also it's not that important. I can wait. We're eventually going back to the village, so I can wait." He wouldn't join the rebels, or would he? He always had an air of authority, power. even fear. But I can't see him leaving his family, my sisters, like that. No. He's probably out selling his produce, or something.

"I'm shocked. Normally he's home by now."

'Erk...! I... Forgot Vei!' Sei suddenly realized as he gave off a frozen expression. He barely heard the lines Tobias said after "We're eventually going back to the village, so I can wait". 'Now that I think of it... Isn't he too young to be traveling like this...?' he thought, suddenly giving notice to the Student's appearance. He looked like a ten-year old... Maybe 14 at most. Then again, Sei looks quite young for his age himself.

'I was kinda thinking that we'll keep going once this is over... But now that he mentions it... Vei is still back there. And I think we left Nixa back there too...' Sei sighed at the thought of having to return to the village. It's very time consuming, not to mention tiring.

Tobias looked at Sei with a very odd look on his face. What's up with him? I hope he's ok. He didn't want to ask, but after a short while Tobias couldn't help but ask; "You look like you lost something. Is anything wrong?" He showed a look of concern on his face. Tobias knew something was up, but didn't know what.

"..." Sei was lost in thought when Tobias asked him. It took a moment before he processed the question in his mind. "N-nothing... Don't worry. I just kinda left 'something' in the village" Sei answered with a dry laugh and sighing again. "You don't have to think about it..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Somewhere in a dark place not so far away*

The place was teeming with men. Most of them had large, bulky bodies, around their 30's. The area was illuminated with fire torches hanging on the rocky walls. The flames flicker while all the people laugh and drink. At first glance, one would think that the place is a tavern with everyone having a good time.

"Hey... Where's that kid from... Uh... Silph was it?" a man with a reddish face asked as he slammed a mug of beer on the table. He was bulky, had short brown hair and was not wearing anything on his upper body.

"Kou...? Dunno. Hadn't returned since he walked out yesterday" the man in front of him answered immediately.

A tall man passed by the two men who were speaking. He looked rather displeased at how they were acting. ''Tch... Some knight...'' he muttered angrily under his breath. The man paused and stared in the side of the room. There was a boy. He was tied up. "Hey... What's that?" he asked, tapping the brown-haired man's shoulder. "Ahahaha! It's just a lowly spy. No worries. Caught the kid this last night while he was wandering outside. Ya know, after Kou ditched us" he answered with a proud smile. The tall man's mouth twitched and spoke. "IDIOT. Can't you see that's just a boy?! Release the kid. NOW" at those words, the two men fell silent for a moment and laughed. "Ha! What made ya say that? No ones gonna go with that. Unless ya get someone else to side with ya, we won't release the kid. It's war. Better safe than sorry! Hahahaha!" The two men laughed while the tall man glared, but he can't really protest at that... 'Kou... Where are you...' he sighed.

((OOC: Yay! Thanks Juzz!!))

Tobias continued to look at Sei and wondered what he left. He did say not to worry about it. I should mind my own business every once-in-a-while. Tobias continued to look at him, and he wondered; How old is he? I know not to become too personal, BUT....

"Um...I don't mean to snob into your business, but how old are you?"

Sei smiled at Tobias' question in an embarrassed way. "17. I'll be turning 18 this winter" he answered softly. 'This must be the first normal conversation I've had in days...' he thought, recalling all the past events. Everything went swiftly, the appearance of THE MARK, the fall of Kevia and now, this. 'It sure feels like the end of the world...' he sighed at the thought of it.

'I shouldn't ask his... I might discover something... I might regret' he shuddered at the thought. After all, his companions are not exactly... The most normal people. One rampages a lot, the other keeps a pet panther and the other looks like a girl despite being a boy... What if this 10-year old boy turns out to be a 65-year old mage of sorts? Unlikely, but still possible... And freaky. Considering all the spells which have been created... Well... There's bound to be one which hides your real age...

((Ok... My next post (which might come next week or earlier than that) will be our arrival to where we're supposed to go. Or at least the entrance. So, wrap up your conversations and stuff... You need to wrap up... wink.gif ))

Jin was a little surprised by the kiss, speechless after what Lucifer had said. Unfortunately he didn't have time to reply because Cloud strode up that very moment and his words left a knot in Jin's gut.

Of course Jin submitted to Cloud's request, Cloud was one of the few individuals that Jin not only trusted, but looked up to for advice and to know what to do in certain situations. Whatever he had to tell Lucifer... Jin would worry about, but he was sure it was probably for the best, for both of them...

He continued walking now, trying to think of something pleasant, like the life he and Lucifer could live... in a fantasy world where they had no problems... It took him a little while to come up with such a fantasy... he realized that there hadn't really been a moment in his life where he hadn't constantly been adapting to problems, so that begged to question... what would living without problems be like? He imagined it would be nice, and occupied himself by trying to elaborate on that as he walked.

Still fuming, Lucifer walked slowly besides Jin. It was so hard trying not to be angry. And anyways, who was Cloud to think he could just ask her things like that? Though staring intently at the ground, her eyes flashed red briefly with fury. A slight wind picked up around her, whipping up the dust and pebbles from the gritty ground. Stop. She thought thought, trying to hold it all in. Before something bad happens.

Peaceful thoughts... Peaceful thoughts... The girl thought to herself, though not to much success. It was no use. Anger was secound nature to her. At her parents, whoever they are. At her foster parents, who never cared. At Toro, for ruining so much of her life. And of course, at herself. Lucifer bit her lip unconsciously, her brow furrowed in concentration. A single bead of blood rolled down her chin and splashed onto her neck. Staining it with it's crimson color. Ignoring it, she wrapped her arms around herself. In her own world.

She closed her eyes, letting her hearing take over. She was surrounded. By enemies. By herself. Her own nature. Battling them. Battling herself. Battling her own nature. It was so hard no to lose control. Not to just flip out and let everything lose. Why not? The evil part of her whispered seductively. You've done it before... She shook her head, unwilling to give in. Yet... It was so tempting... Letting the anger out. Not caring or worrying about anything else... Just letting it do it's work. Lucifer shuddered. Snap outta it. She hissed to herself and forced her eyes open.

Once more, she was walking next to Jin. Looking at him, she felt the fury fade slightly. Yes... Imagine what the world would be like with him. No other worries. No pain. Nor trouble. Just peace and bliss. It sounded so great. But still a part of her protested. Peace wasn't something she should have... Not after what she's done. Lucifer pushed the dark thoughts aside and rested her head on the knight's shoulder. The girl looked up at his face and smiled. She'll worry about that later. Just enjoy the present.

((Keith somewhat interacted with Lucifer and Cloud... If no one noticed xd.png))

"We're here" Kou stopped on his tracks revealing a large cave in front of him. It was dark inside, almost no sign of life, maybe a few bats and insects, that's it. "Stay here for a while. I'll come back after a minute or two so as no to alarm the 'others'" He waved to them before disappearing in the darkness of the cave.

Sora stood there quietly, but she knows for herself that she feels uneasy. There was something different in the air... But if there really is, the travelers should know first since they are trained like that. That thought put her at ease...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yo! Uncle! Guess who's out---" Kou raised his hand and smiled cheerfully at the tall blond man. His words were cut off with his glare. "You leave one night and these fools mess up! To think they were former knights of Mesria!" He growled angrily, pulling Kou's hand. The teenager was confused. He was making the others wait after all...

The man led him to a boy who was tied up. Kou slapped his face at the sight of it and called up those responsible for it. "Can't you see it's a kid?!" He shouted angrily.

"Hey. You're no boss ere'. Besides, that's clearly a teenager! Spies at that age is not rare ya know"

"Do you even pay attention? That kid's a Student. See! HE even has a crest! No stupid kingdom would send a STUDENT as a spy"

"How'd ya know he's from Cuerdia huh? Besides that 'possibly fake' crest... Ya can't tell!"

With that, Kou sighed. The blond man glared at the rebel for being so stubborn. "FINE. Get his stuff and let's bring em out. Let's ask another Student outside" Kou commanded sounding worn out. The older men looked puzzled but followed him anyway....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There was an awkward silence in the group. Kou was taking a bit long. Sora sat down a large rock, swinging her legs. Sei was beside her, trying to get a decent rest. Keith approached Sei who immediately readied himself. "...Hey... I feel something..." He said in a low voice. Sei just stared at him with a confused look. "Um... Why're you telling me this...?" He answered with a trembling voice. "Because the others seem out of it for now... Besides---"

*clap*clap*

"I'm impressed. You made it this far" A voice from above echoed. The two's attention turned to it. It was a human figure standing in a lower level of the canyon top. It was hard to make out the figure. As the sun shone on him... His lifeless red eyes which were locked upon them sparkled..

Jin looked into Lucifer's eyes and then smiled back. Her expression told him they had been thinking the same thing, well at least he hoped so. He'd be the first to admit that he wasn't the greatest at reading faces.

"Such are the things of fairy tales." His grin didn't fade even though his proclamation had been solemn. "A knights life will always be full of hardship. It is not looking ahead, but holding the arms of those we love that gets us through it and gives us the strength to go on." Jin smiled as he finished speaking and began to explain his quotation. "Van Thuneago, a very controversial knight, more of a philosopher really, but he did write a few..."

Jin was interrupted by the sound of clapping echoing off the walls of the canyon.

He looked up to see a man, well his silhouette at least, standing on the rim of the canyon. He began to speak, but Jin didn't really pay attention to his words, it was the red eyes that caught his attention. It was the only distinguishable detail about him. Two... no, three types of things Jin knew with red eyes. Fellow Azure knights, he didn't sense any but Cloud and Keith nearby. A certain fiery tempered female warrior standing beside him or did I only imagine that celestial fire? The final category of course being things that needed killing... well that was true more than half the time... which was good enough for him.

Even as he felt his body tense up, he also felt the complaint. His internal injuries were still unhealed, barely patched together. A battle at the level he had just fought would tear them open again and possibly kill him. His concern was immediately for said fiery eyed warrior and her feral companion... well mostly for her he wasn't too concerned about Lorkin. And he desperately hoped that this newcomer was not the same they had fought a mere hour ago.

"Sempai... I think someone wants to get to know you better, Keith and I can handle holding this position if you'd like to get acquainted." Jin's voice was hard. There was nothing he hated more than feeling helpless. "Stay with me--" He whispered to Lucifer. It was a question of that held a deeper meaning that transcended the current situation and spoke of a distant future in which Jin knew that if she said yes... they would be in this situation again and often, such is our existence, the life... of a knight. "--no matter what," he finished, taking her left hand with his right.

Cloud had to hold his tongue as he was forced back in his box after getting his reply and had to watch her leave, Keith was trying to calm him down and get everything back into order.

He grinded his teeth trying to hold himself back from going after Lucifer to get his point across more but it seemed she had said all she was going to say and had gone back to Jin. He only nodded at Keith not trusting his own voice and started to head in the general direction they were going in when he stopped when he heard clapping. Blazer pawed the ground, at unease.

"Sempai... I think someone wants to get to know you better, Keith and I can handle holding this position if you'd like to get acquainted."

"Keep the others safe and get them to a safe place before coming back, this may get nasty"

Cloud growled before getting Blazer to start walking over in the red eyed man's direction, his hand rested on the hilt of his sword studying the man carefully waitting for him to make a move.

"What do you want?"

Cloud demanded, he screamed danger in his face but Cloud held his ground.

Keith nodded at Jin and stood beside him, sword in hands. He glared at the figure who shrugged at their hostility. He chuckled.

The figure leaped down rather elegantly from where he stood revealing his appearance. He was wearing a white robe and a pair of white pants. At first glance, he can be mistaken as a nobleman, as if he emits an aura of elegance. His hair is fire-red almost reaching down his shoulders. He held a single red rose on his hand.

"What's with the warm welcome?" He chuckled again and held the rose closer to his face. His eyes were difficult to read as they were lifeless. He turned to the group and stared at each one of them.

"Looks like you found yourself some friends... And some pretty ladies at that" He added, walking casually.

"Who are you!? What do you want?!" Keith snarled, pointing his weapon on the stranger. The man shook his head and smiled. "How rude..." He sighed and turned to Cloud. "You didn't tell them about me...?" He sighed again, ignoring the trainee.

His expression suddenly changed into a serious one after a moment.

"Hand over the girl"

"Hand over the girl"

Cloud growled fiercely before jumping off of Blazer in a single swift movement landing in a protective stance, Blazer backed up flaring his wings in rage.

"Keith! Jin! Take Sora and the others...AND GO! Use Blazer! GO!"

He ordered waving his hand at the stallion, its eyes softened showing he didn't want to leave his rider behind to this man but Cloud's face showed he meant it. The stallion whirled around galloping back to the others prancing on the ground before them, he didn't like the fact he had to let others ride him but he trusted his rider with his life.

Cloud turned on the man again.

"Over my dead body, you foul creature!"

He hissed, those emotion-less red eyes. He had seen them too many times and he wouldn't let him win this time, nor would he let him get his filty hands on Sora either.

"Foul creature...? Tsk..." He sighed. "After I helped you out of the fallen kingdom, that's how you repay me?" The man flicked his fingers, the next moment, the group was surrounded by knights. Gresia knights. In fact, there might be a hundred of them...

He locked his fiery eyes at the Azure Knight, though his expression did not show hostility. In fact, it was calm just like when he was at first. He stretched his arm, and from it, a round object fell from his sleeve - a clear, white orb. The stranger grasped it in his hand and it glowed. The next moment, it took the shape of a sleek naginata. "Do not underestimate an elite Viziel Knight child. Don't take this personally... This is strictly business" He grinned...

Before Keith was able to get to Sora, knights blocked him off. "Get out..!" He screeched, slashing his sword. They fell one by one, but there seemed to be a lot of them. 'Why didn't I feel their presence a while ago?!'

Sei who was closest to Sora was trembling in fear. They were surrounded. Not that he can do much about it. 'What do I do?!' He panicked, seeing all the enemies. He knew he couldn't fight, he can't cast magic or use any weapon...

"Urk...!" Sei closed his eyes as the enemies attacked... All he heard was the clashing of weapons... 'Wait... Clashing of weapons...?' The boy opened his eyes. "I leave for one second and this is what we have?!" It was Kou. He was also with another older man and a younger teen who seemed to be a Scholar.

"K-kou...?! And... Uncle Alexander?" Sora beamed. She was standing beside Sei, behind Kou. She can't see, but she could somehow feel people's presence. People she knew anyway. "Sora! Glad you're safe!" He smiled, pushing off another enemy with his sword.

"What are you waiting for?! Get Sora out of here! We'll cover ya!" Kou added, turning to Sei. The boy nodded. He took Sora by the hand and took off...

Alazne had merely been walking after the group as they had started to move again, this time following Kou, too caught up in her own thoughts to pay much attention to the people around her. That was perhaps not the smartest thing for a Knight to do, but she felt confident enough of the fact that she'd notice it if someone hostile were to appear to let herself think about the previous happenings. As she replayed the events in her head, she shook her head, annoyed. She still didn't understand it all... Only that it was obvious that the man had been after Lucifer, and that he had been much stronger than she had anticipated - even if she had only been watching.

She was dragged out of her thoughts as they arrived in front of a large cave, and Kou announced that they were at their destination... Wherever that was. She had never been any good with directions (as proven the day she met the group she was currently traveling with, even if those directions had been particularly useless) and she wasn't going to start caring now, but she guessed she could have paid a little more attention to where they were moving. Not that she believed she would be able to find her way back even if she had, but the point still stood.

Kou went inside the cave, apparently to notify whoever 'others' there were here, and suddenly a frown appeared on her face. There was some sort of strange feeling in the air, a feeling that something was off... Her frown grew darker as she didn't manage to define whatever was off, and she looked around at the others. She highly doubted she was the only one to feel it, not when she knew that most of the people she travelled with knew very well how to hold their own in a fight. But what was it?

Her eyes snapped to up to watch the silhouette of a man standing in a lower level of the canyon top as she heard him start to clap, and her eyes narrowed. The only thing she could see more or less clearly about him were his lifelessly red eyes, and somehow, he put her on edge. Was he the reason for this strange feeling in the air? She listened with half an ear to Cloud as he asked what the man wanted, all the time studying him. Who was this person? Her eyes sharpened as he jumped down, revealing his appearance to them all, now that they could see more than his silhouette. The feeling he gave her was certainly one that put her on edge... How, she wasn't sure.

She listened with to the exchange between Cloud, Keith and the man with one ear, her mind occupied with trying to figure out who this person was and what he wanted. It certainly wasn't just a friendly visit to say hi to an old friend, that much she gathered. Her while body tensed as she realized he was after Sora, and she stood her ground without paying any heed to Cloud's order to go; the order had been mostly for Jin and Keith to take them away, anyway, and she couldn't be held accountable if they didn't do that, could she? No, she didn't think she could...

A flick of the strange man's fingers made her tense up even further, and soon they were surrounded by near to a hundred Gresia knights. Why hadn't she noticed? How... Just how had they been there without anyone sensing, or seeing, or... or something!? A flick of her own fingers brought the desired orb into her hands, and, just as she watched the same thing happen in the hands of the man they were facing, her orb turned into a long, sleek sword. The difference was that instead of a sword, the man held some sort of glaive-like weapon; she believed it was called a naginata. It's reach was certainly longer than her sword's, that she knew, and she frowned again.

"Do not underestimate an elite Viziel Knight child. Don't take this personally... This is strictly business" Her eyes snapped back to the man again from where they had glanced across the dozens of Gresia knights, and they narrowed. "No... To underestimate a Viziel Knight would be a shame, wouldn't it?" A flick of her left wrist brought a couple of orbs into her left hand while she studied the man, frowning slightly in confusion now. He claimed to be an elite Viziel Knight, and he appeared to use orbs in his fighting, but... Why couldn't she remember seeing him before?

((Sorry guys I was off camping))

Lucifer smiled. "You never know." She whispered to herself as she listened to Jin speak, "You never know." 

Suddenly the pleasant bubble was burst by two loud claps. The girl looked up, her mismatched eyes dark with annoyance. A moment like this was rare for her, and wasn't easy to let go of. A strange figure stood there. Silhouette dark against the canyon wall. 

Lifeless eyes looked over them, red as the single rose clutched almost delicately in his hand. He had the stature of the aristocracy, but the very air around him seemed to scream of danger. 

Lucifer peered over the group, checking out the number of battle-ready people. The result wasn't too reassuring. And considering the state she herself was in, along with Jin, things weren't looking great. As she looked at the azure knight, a faint ember lit up the black depth of her heart. Something she had never experienced before. Maybe it wasn't that he had risked his life for her. But whatever the reason, she knew he was different from the others. At least to her.

"Stay with me... No matter what." Lucifer turned to stare deep into Jin's eye, as if searching through his soul. His hand closed around her's, firm but gentle. She knew what this would mean to them. And she knew she shouldn't do it. Or should she? She was never prepared for this. Since that fateful day in the forest, when she had first met these people, she had never been the same. For one thing, she knew she probably wouldn't get attacked by any of this group. And that she could rely on them, like during the battle with Toro. 

But she also knew the dangers of trust. Of the consequences when she was unprepared. Off guard. Like now. But what she didn't know was if it was right or not. The girl had never truly accepted anyone into her life before. Could she do it now?

"Always." Lucifer whispered, the single word slipping out from her lips. She grasped his hand in her own and leaned into him slightly. For a secound, the world spun into focus. Rather than the dreamlike place it had always been for her, surrounded by the fog of suspicion, it suddenly became clear. She let out a faint gasp, barely audible even to her own ears. She hadn't felt so sharp since her faintly remembered childhood. Before the shadow, the fighting, the huge chaotic mess that her life had become.

As the figure and Cloud continued to speak, Lucifer listened quietly, hoping to gather enough info to know what was going on. So far, she had gathered that the man had come, like so the others, for Sora. She seemed to be quite popular aparently. Also, it appeared that Cloud and him knew eachother. Though they weren't exactly buddies.

Gresia knights appeared suddenly. All around them. And so many. The figure now held a long sword in his hand, way longer than her scimitar. Lorkin nudged against her leg, getting closer. He had stayed away earlier to allow the couple space but the hundreds of enemies showing up so abruptly had startled him.

And of course, he didn't trust her enough to think that she would take care of herself. And of course, he was right.

Lucifer quickly deducted that it would be stupid to use magic in this situation. The numbers were definitely not good for them and her energy would drain too fast. There wasn't much left from the earlier battle anyways. What luck, she grumbled to herself, unsheathing her scimitar. Two battles in succession, and with such powerful opponents too.

She sighed and lopped off the head of a knight neatly. As it flew through the air, the girl skillfully delivered to it a hard kick. Blood splattered as the maimed flesh smashed into the face of another enemy. Taking advantage of his temperary blindness, Lorkin finished him off with a neat slice to the jugular. 

Lucifer looked around to see Sora making her way out of the throng of battlers. Good. One less thing to worry about.