CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

I don't really have many fails per se. I do fall asleep while playing Wipeout HD all the time. I really need to just give up on that game. It's just SO boring.

I was playing Oot, beat the Forest Temple in one go and had just gone into the Fire Temple. I stretched, hit the switch on the power strip that the N64 was plugged in to, and shut it off. I hadn't saved at all during that time DX

last year, I was playing Phantom Hourglass, and got stuck on that windy island. After a month of not being able to figure out where to go next, I took the game to my friend to ask for advice since she had already beaten it. Of course, she said that she had forgotten what to do at that part. A few minutes later, I figure it out.

Unlike my friends, I never delete my pokemon files. I just grow too attached to them xd.png. Either that, or they actually beat the game while I get to the climax and want to beat it on a 'special day,' and i the end never beat it. I still have my Pokemon Pearl for proof.

I'm so sentimental!~ xd.png

TP: In the Fire temple (sorry, Goron Mines) there were these lava geysers. I had to jump over one when it wasn't shooting, so I sit at the edge. I ended up waiting a teetch too long and it got me while I was in the air. My dad's comment?

Aw, you hit a stale green light.

When I got Pokemon Blue, I couldn't figure out how to walk out of the house xd.png Finally, I realized the carpet was like a door and I got out.

Also, I tend to not reload in FPS's and get owned because of this.

While I'm at it, I'm wonderful at falling off the edge of the world in any Zelda game.

I lost to a medivac drop in SC2 even though the other guy played badly and I had mutas. Yeah, epic fail.

Megaman and Bass, when doing Magic Man's stage, I failed to realize that below the train tracks was an endless abyss.

In Thief: Deadly Shadows. I was doing one of the side missions in the docks where you had to clean up a room where a murder had taken place. I was in the process of disposing of the body by throwing it into the water when I somehow managed to fall into the water along with it and promptly drowned. FAIL...

Mario Kart Wii: At Wario's Gold Mine, Bowser bumped me and knocked me off the cliff. Then, as soon as Lakitu set me back down again, Wario smacked into me and knocked me off again. By that time I was in second-to-last place, but guess who's in last? Dry Bowser! And within seconds off the cliff I went again. I swear the game hates me. xd.png

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1.

I started running and then... a enemy killed me.

I almost cried because of the nostalgia, it was the very same way I got killed in the first play of Sonic The Hedgehog 1, my first game (master system version)

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare2: I blew myself up with a javalin playing the campaign. I have since learned to make sure there isn't a roof over my head when firing one of those.

Assassins Creed II: I needed to assassinate a target, so I get in the perfect position, leap for the kill...

And kill too civilians instead D:

Fallout 3: I totally screwed up beginning, multiple times, and in muliple ways.

Burnout 3: Totally failed the first few times I played, crashed multiple times, ended up in last place multiple times, finally got used to the control scheme, and then I basically got the rest of the game down.

Portal: I died by killing myself unintentionally, yes, I died in portal, I failed ><'''

SSBB: I couldn't figure out the control scheme for awhile, then I got used to it xd.png

Spore: Oh gawd... so many failures... where to start...

So many others...

xd.png

Star wars galaxies - accidently falling into the Sarlacc...

Arma 2 - I was flying an A-10, dogfighting an SU-52 and flipped upside down, activated the sidewinder and blew my plane up. I also had a mission where you are supposed to blow apart 3 helicopters with a humvee avenger. Someone else did it with the SMAW.

Darksiders - Near the start of the game before you obtain your wings to 'glide', in the Library (that's what I call it) there is a chest. Now, I don't see a path and I can't seem to get ole War to jump up quite high enough to reach it. So I leave do what I have to, obtain my wings and think, 'Ok, with these I should be able to reach that chest now!' so I go alllll the way back. And I keep trying. And trying, and trying... 2 hrs literally goes by and I still have NOT reached that acursed chest. Why did I waste so much time attempting you ask? Because I have a bad habit to not leave any sort of item/treasure behind in any game I play...

Sonic Adventure 2 - I'm playing Shadow in Sky Rail. This stage can be annoying because most of your time here, you're on rails. And when you hit ground, there's enemies that can easily push you off. My 4th run through I'm finally getting the hang of rail switching and towards the end, right before I hit the Goal Ring, I zoom off the rail I've just switched too which is nearest the ring, top speed right off the side just missing the Goal Ring's edge... while it's rotating...

Edited by DungeonBrat

StarCraft 2: Over and over again, I continue to fast-expand as zerg even though the Terran is bunker-rushing me -_____-;

Medieval II Total war: I was doing one of my extremely unbalanced wars where i have like 50 billion jillion kniights vs. a unit of peasants.

I lost.

I made a minecraft fail comic ...

yes this actually happened and its a fail because at the time I had the difficulty at peaceful (no monsters)

user posted image

Edited by chickenhound

Pokemon soul silver Turned the game on with action replay My ds told me "Welcome ..." >> stayed that way for an hour till i turned it off

-Also when I was on wow I walked upside at the bar in -cant remember city havnt played in a year- I was playing as a night elf at the time.

White Knight Chronicles: Made the latest Knight to join my team a healer, forgetting he can't cast magic when he transforms >_<

Minecraft. I planned to go so far away from my spawning base that it took me two real time hours of sailing to get to the island of my second base.

Turns out I was just across a small lake from my old base, thanks to going in a circle.

Spore: Civilization stage

Okay so I had 3 cities (And was military) And I decided to let my Happy blue face friends take over all the other places, so then there were two of us, I saved, and was so happy that I could just force them to make me buy them. So then, I tried making them my allies, BUT I WAS ONE POINT AWAY! I GAVE AWAY ALLMY MONEY BUT THEY WERE STILL ONE POINT AWAY (Cause I insulted them on accident) And then I died, If I TRIED to attack, BOOM I was dead, so I practically failed EPICLY. ;-;

I was playing your basic shooter game, and it wasn't until the very last level that I realized I could upgrade my weapons. So I'd played the whole game with inferior weapons. Now wonder it seemed so gosh darn hard xd.png

Spore: Civilization stage

Okay so I had 3 cities (And was military) And I decided to let my Happy blue face friends take over all the other places, so then there were two of us, I saved, and was so happy that I could just force them to make me buy them. So then, I tried making them my allies, BUT I WAS ONE POINT AWAY! I GAVE AWAY ALLMY MONEY BUT THEY WERE STILL ONE POINT AWAY (Cause I insulted them on accident) And then I died, If I TRIED to attack, BOOM I was dead, so I practically failed EPICLY. ;-;

lolz reminds me of this one time on cvillation: beyond the sword I was slowly squashing everyone else and had nukes and was also singel handedly causing global warming with them when in my sidequest to build all the epics i built the un building needless to say they all hated me voted someone else leader and banned nukes *headdesk*

Minecraft.

"What's this nonsense about creepers? They look harmless, they don't even have arms!"

"SSSSSSSS-"

"what the f- *BOOM*"

"****."

I hope we can post other people's fails, but anyway:

I was playing COD MW2, and an enemy soldier walked up to me, stared at me for a good 3 seconds or so, and turned away, before I shot him down.