lizardtail

sily bandz

I think they're cute if you only wear a few. When someone has a ton of them, it looks tacky to me. I love jelly bracelets though... I'm sad that silly bands have taken over.

I think they're stupid. The purpose of a rubber band is to tie things, like bag tops and rolled up paper so they don't go all over the place. They weren't meant to be accessories the way the jelly bands, snap bracelets, and livestrong bands were (I still have my collection of livestrong-type bands, actually).

The fact that people have actually turned rubber bands into accessories in order to make money off of them makes me sad. If I wanted to use rubber bands as a toy, I'd just buy a rubber band ball for two dollars and bounce that down the stairs.

Edited by Jackal

Ah, these. :L They were kind of a fad over here, but soon died out in my school. My former friend gave me two, and I still have one... A colour changing frog with a crown on his head. xd.png

Edited by Chicogal

These are still in? Everyone I know from elementary school to high school has stopped wearing these. I don't really care about them one way or another, but I know a ton of people that cut off their circulation with these things... But now that I think of it theres not really a point in having a rubber band that has shapes when it'll be around your wrist and shapeless anyway...

Oh, I remember those. Every other time I still see one. But it's been a long while.

But it reminds me of the bracelets that you had to wear and, depending of the color, if it snapped you'd have to something. E.G. I snapped a yellow bracelet, so I can kiss the person who was wearing it. Well, I never did that nor used the bracelets, because it was a really stupid thing.

i think silly bandz fans would hate what i use mine for :/ i don't wear them for fashion.

Is... there anyone who is still a fan of silly bandz? I think it's been about a year since I've seen them. They've all just about become landfill fodder now.

Most of the topics you're responding to are all months untouched.

i'm aware the topics are old -shrug-.and in my country town silly bandz are inndeed still a fad, over here down in little south west australian country town they hit stores a month ago and are still being sold at 50c each in some places. i just got a pack container of 200plus for $5

as i said, not wearing them for fashion. elastic bands break too easy to do what i need them to, these things don't break and don't leave huge welts when i use them

I have a bunch, mainly because I got them for my birthday when they were popular. I only use them when I'm in need of a rubberband.

I fail to understand the popularity behind these things.... is humanity really degrading that low, that they make a fad out of shaped rubber bands with a "cool" name? -.- Oi vey.

Made me happy to see them die out so quickly, lol. xd.png Anyway, my opinion rests as "Don't want 'em, don't want to waste my money on 'em."

I think I've seen one of these before? Never knew what it was for but I guess I do now?

Anyway they're cute and I want some now. I want to have lots and lots.

Oh goodness, I have hundreds of these from my sixth grade year, haha! They were the fad for like, two months and then totally disappeared off the face of the earth.

As a teacher I can't stand them and routinely band them in classes as they distract students from their lessons/ Play with them at home, fine. My grandson loved them when he was small. In upper school, don't bring them to school.

My brother had some of these back when they were still slightly popular. I don't understand it. It's like wearing rubber bands on your wrist and that just seems unpleasant to me. On top of that, they don't have a shape when you're wearing them so I don't quite see the point in having them for that reason either.

Man, sometimes I can be a real stick in the mud, lol.

Lol, I remember the hype for these. I...think they are stupid ._. it's a shaped rubber band that can be different colours...wooooooo. :I I'll stick to wearing real bracelets.

Edited by BlightWyvern

Wow I remember when these were "in", a long time ago. I suppose I didn't see them as much around the high school I was in at the time, but my siblings were in middle and elementary school so they wore them. I didn't see the point in bandz, and wouldn't have worn them anyway since anything tight around my wrists gives me anxiety/uneasiness and makes me squirmy.

Edited by Dimar

I recall these as well. I thought they were stupid as bracelets, but it was fun trying to collect them for a while, until they started snapping. They lost any and all worth in my eyes when parts of my collection just broke from being untangled

I think I have a few cat ones a friend gave me but I rather have normal bracelets that people can't pull and snap them on your arm.

Wow, I remember these. I have a tin full of them somewhere in my room. Looking back, I don't see why they were so popular. They were literally just rubber bands formed into shapes. :/