lizardtail

sily bandz

Alert! Parents should check this link out

Snopes.com just posted this true story about a hazerd when it comes to wearing silly bands

Snopes.com silly band injury warning

That's using them wrong, of course you shouldn't do that.

It's like taking over the counter medication, follow the directions or pay the price.

Silicone is rubber.. :|

Edited by TheDarkCynder

They're made out of silicone. And mine don't smell. And I only wear 4 at a time on either wrist.

Edited by Kayota

I think that falls more under negilance to clean.

It's just like people who stay in bed for weeks, and end up getting pus filled, infected sores.

Same thing with the bands - they start rubbing against your skin, and with the amount they described, and for the length of time they were on (through showering and swimming - great way to grow bacteria in places), it's no wonder it caused problems.

I wouldn't blame the product, I blame lack of parental awareness.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I honestly don't see why they're so popular.

^ this

^ this

My friends and I just shoot them at each other with our fingers xd.png. Only a couple people wear them but I don't see the reason why people like them at all.

My friends and I just shoot them at each other with our fingers xd.png. Only a couple people wear them but I don't see the reason why people like them at all.

Oh I did that with rubber bands when I was a kid.

Fun, but annoying for my parents... laugh.gif

Meh. They look a lot like those sticky stretchy hands you get in plastic bubble prize machines... fun for about ten minutes, then you throw 'em away.

Edited by Tanigi

Or the sweet medical kind.

(I will kill someone if medical bracelets become a fad...)

Gum is never allowed in public schools because people like to be idiots and stick it under tables because they're too lazy to find a trashcan.

I know my jelly bracelets got chewed on frequently when I was in high school.

So I guess my school isn't really public, then, since gum is never allowed in public schools.

So I guess my school isn't really public, then, since gum is never allowed in public schools.

pffffft exceptions xd.png

I dun like silly bands.

Every one in my school/class has one.

Even the teachers.

I don't like plastic bands.

Especially ones that look disgusting if you squash it in such a way.

I wear then but I don't see why people buy like 300 of them.. And they are WAY to much money.

Anyone see those Silly Bands rings? Now those I wouldn't be able to stand at all.

I have some but I don't wear them, they hurt my fingers I just have them because I like the little dinos and because I want to be the first to have silly band rings in my grade.

My friends and I just shoot them at each other with our fingers . Only a couple people wear them but I don't see the reason why people like them at all.

I do that to my sister all the time she gets really mad then i am forced to shoot at my teddy bears and all that stuff I got like when I was like 8 that I am to lazy to get rid of.

Edited by scm7271999

I like them. I have about twenty. tongue.gif Just ones I like a lot. I usually just trade them or give em away.

i hate silly bandz, because i feel like its a competition, i have to have more more more! i kind of gave up on them and decided they were pretty pointless when i was at around sixty silly bands.

they were a HUGE fad at my school last year, but this year, NO ONE wears them lol

My friend gave me one. I don't really wear it. I find it quite stupid.

They used to be way popular where I live. Now just a few people wear them.

I have a ton. Because I'm just so cool.

I wanted some baby shaped ones from Wal*Mart but my mom said no. D8

Edited by Icepelt

I hate them. I honestly don't see why they're so popular.

This. They serve no purpose, you can't tie up your hair with them, you can't really use them as rubber bands, they don't look nice, and they're not comfortable.

Wow, a lot of people in this thread seem pretty hateful towards shaped rubber bands.

It's not like they are hurting you. :/

Anyway, I just traded for some Phoenixes. And now I'm happy. :3

you can't tie up your hair with them

my friend does that. its a miracle how she gets it out of her hair.

They're elastic bands with animals on them.

It's epic.

Like, in years to come, I'll have used one to keep a piece of paper rolled up, I'll take off the elastic band and it'll turn into a pig and I'll be like "OMG I REMEMBER THIS!" and my day will be made.

I want some .-.

I used to wear them, but they kept getting in the way... I don't really mind them, but I don't really wear them either. :/