dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

20 hours ago, emetib92 said:

This will be the second year I attempt to create zombies. I like that there is a guide on the most successful way to attempt the most kills and revives around and during Halloween. I have a question though: is it taboo to try to trade for offspring of potential zombie attempts? The chances of finding zombie lineages through the AP are slim (or at least I have little luck, plus I prefer 2Gs and the ones I have were gifted to me through the chatroom years ago). Good luck everyone on your experiments!

@Ruby Eyes Ill make sure not to do that 😢 Im only killing CBs, and Im making sure they arent important ones (like included in lineages, named offspring, etc.) 

Edit: Thanks for the feedback lol. I had to make sure so I dont get in trouble. 😅

There are as many ways of playing this game as there are people, and what's is unacceptable for one is fine (or even good) for another. It would be your safest bet to experiment on CB eggs 'cos this way you won't annoy anybody, but then again, if you keep playing the game trying to sidestep every sensitive player and please everybody, you would be playing for them rather than yourself. And what's the fun in that?

After 11 years of playing DC on and off, all I can say is take it easy :) I used to watch offspring of my dragons, worry when acestors lost names, but after 10 years, half the dragons in the superlineage I've been making have lost their names 'cos people they belong to quit playing, some dragons got killed and so on. Nothing bothers me anymore. If I give an egg to somebody, it's not mine anymore, so they can do whatever they please. So, correspondingly, I think AP eggs are cool for any experiment too. If one treasures their lineage so much, they shouldn't be breading for AP. Just my 2 cents, of course.

Edited by painless_j

18 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Also, try not to kill dragons lineaged that have plenty of offspring on other people's scrolls already - people who didn't agree on zombie lines. And NO, naming them "do not breed" long after the fact DOES NOT HELP!

This one had me miffed recently: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Yv5lE Used to be even-gen. :dry:

I believe that the point has been repeatedly made that if an egg is found in the AP, it is someone else's garbage.  If this is indeed the case, it shouldn't really matter to them what becomes of it.

I also believe that the point has been made repeatedly that there's a little level of decency hoped for when someone picks up someone else's "garbage", especially considering how many people massbreed their stuff to the AP thinking they do the finders a favour.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

21 hours ago, emetib92 said:

This will be the second year I attempt to create zombies. I like that there is a guide on the most successful way to attempt the most kills and revives around and during Halloween. I have a question though: is it taboo to try to trade for offspring of potential zombie attempts? The chances of finding zombie lineages through the AP are slim (or at least I have little luck, plus I prefer 2Gs and the ones I have were gifted to me through the chatroom years ago). Good luck everyone on your experiments!

@Ruby Eyes Ill make sure not to do that 😢 Im only killing CBs, and Im making sure they arent important ones (like included in lineages, named offspring, etc.) 

Edit: Thanks for the feedback lol. I had to make sure so I dont get in trouble. 😅

I don't have any tradeable right now, but I've made a graveborn dragon myself by creating a lineage of just my own dragons, and then on Halloween killing/reviving all members of the lineage. That's how I ended up with this 2nd Gen zombie wyvern, zombie from 2 dead parents. I have a wish for a PB zombie dragon lineage, but the success rate of that seems kind of nightmarish, with lots of death and failed revives XD

8 minutes ago, Twimm said:

I don't have any tradeable right now, but I've made a graveborn dragon myself by creating a lineage of just my own dragons, and then on Halloween killing/reviving all members of the lineage. That's how I ended up with this 2nd Gen zombie wyvern, zombie from 2 dead parents. I have a wish for a PB zombie dragon lineage, but the success rate of that seems kind of nightmarish, with lots of death and failed revives XD

I really want a PB zombie too, I'll try this year but not holding out hope! And just getting successful kills on all three of them can be a problem too...

I tried to make this a zombie lineage and succeeded in 1/3. Better than 0 but I do wish one of the CBs would have turned, to match the mate I was breeding it for.

20 minutes ago, Twimm said:

Now that is really cool.  I wonder what the odds are of making one of those.  Good work!!!

@Twimm That zombie is epic! Ive never seen a purebred zombie lineage before so you just made my day 😍 Id be scared to try anything like that, but if youre ever interested in trading offspring of potential experiments let me know! I know Im doing it late in the game, but Im trying to breed dragons I plan on sacrificing and raising their offspring before Halloween 😁

Oh, I want to make a PB zombie too one day! Sadly I am also busy with many other zombie lineage plans that I have little kill slots that I can spare for a PB line attempt. This is what I have closest to a PB zombie, though, and I love it: https://dragcave.net/lineage/bS8Fp

Also, my suggestion to people with little zombie-line making experience is that if you want a 3G checker of zombies like that line @Painter attempted, divide the process to different parts.

1-Work on 2G non-zombie subline first. Pick specific breeds to work with and breed the desired 2G combination with as many dragons as possible, then try zombifying the parent you wish on normal day nights and 31th nights. Sooner or later you'll get at least one 2G non-zombie from a zombie parent (averagely, in around 1.5 months if you use your kill slots efficiently) After you get that 2G zombiekin you are done with one branch of the line and all you need is two more zombies. 

2-The tricky part is making the 2G zombie branch. For this you need to breed the CB pair you wish for the checker first and then also breed that dragon to the zombiekin you got in 1st step. Make many of such lines from different CB dragons of the same breed and kill the 2Gs as often as you can after breeding an offspring with your zombiekin from step 1. You'll eventually get a 2G zombiekin and an offspring from it. Try these revivals in again normal day nights and 31th nights.

3-After you get a zombie from the second step you just need to kill and try reviving the parent to complete the checker. It is suggested that you save doing this for Halloween nights or 31th nights at worst. Halloween nights have so high rates relatively that I suggest trying this on Halloween very much.

After you have attempted step 3 if you success, you finally have that 3G zombiekin checker! If you fail, you need to repeat the 2nd and 3rd steps. I also highly suggest that if there is still a lot of time until Halloween, just try to get as many zombies from second step as you can to have more fodders on Halloween.

Well, the Halloween is very soon and if you just start after or during this Halloween, I am pretty sure that your chances of NOT getting a 3G zombiekin checker by the next Halloween is little considering that you used all your kill slots efficiently (180 per year, all in nights, 10 revives in 31ths etc.)

Hope this could help anyone trying to figure out a way to optimize how to achieve such a lineage.

Edited by FeatheryWings

1 hour ago, FeatheryWings said:

Oh, I want to make a PB zombie too one day! Sadly I am also busy with many other zombie lineage plans that I have little kill slots that I can spare for a PB line attempt. This is what I have closest to a PB zombie, though, and I love it: https://dragcave.net/lineage/bS8Fp

Wow! I love that Vampire Zombie kid of yours!

As for trying to do a Zombie checker - I intended to do that a while ago and tried it by breeding 5 kids each of my intended lineage - but when all of them disintegrated, I gave up in the end and decided to go for this type of Zombie lineages instead:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/mlfX4

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Gfmp4

https://dragcave.net/lineage/rUFyc (I still ponder about rebreeding the White as there is a wingless Zombie in the branch where I got gifted the 4G)

Astreya and FeatheryWings, your Zombies are amazing!   I never thought about doing this since all 26 of my Zombies are just ordinary ones I made over the course of nine Halloweens. I can see that this might just be a big challenge in the future.

6 hours ago, emetib92 said:

@Twimm That zombie is epic! Ive never seen a purebred zombie lineage before so you just made my day 😍 Id be scared to try anything like that, but if youre ever interested in trading offspring of potential experiments let me know! I know Im doing it late in the game, but Im trying to breed dragons I plan on sacrificing and raising their offspring before Halloween 😁

I'm still working on collecting all the zombie sprites, but once I've done that I might try making a longer PB zombie lineage ^_^

7 hours ago, Twimm said:

Very nice with the PB zombie!  That takes luck and planning.  The last two or three years I've tried to bring my zombie X guardian checker out another gen but succeeded in getting something like zero zombies.  They all revived or dusted.  I'm not attempting it this year.  Too much disappointment and I have other things I've been working on.  I might attempt again next year but I'll have to do serious planning and breeding ahead of schedule. 

Just by accident, I got a zombie today!  I had been away from DC and forgot I had a Red-finned Tidal hatchling ready to mature...and it died.  I saw it today and decided to revive it...zombie!  

My very first.  🤗

Edited by StrikeFire
Clarifying

...and on freakishly odd luck, I am two for two.  I just turned a pink hatchie.   lightning strikes twice!

Edited by StrikeFire
Spelling

I have a question. So, the 31th of a month has a slightly higher chance of zombie success, right? But what about the months that have 30 days? Do we skip them? I'm suddenly getting serious about expanding my zombie collection :)

38 minutes ago, painless_j said:

I have a question. So, the 31th of a month has a slightly higher chance of zombie success, right? But what about the months that have 30 days? Do we skip them? I'm suddenly getting serious about expanding my zombie collection :)

Skip them.  There's no advantage to reviving on the 30th - it's the same chance as, say, reviving on the 5th.

5 hours ago, painless_j said:

Personally I never skip any months, because you get ten kills a month and those are a limited resource I don't want to waste as they're the only way to get adult zombies. The chances aren't great, but they're better between midnight and 6 a.m. Dragon Cave time. It depends, though. Some people find the higher chance of failures highly discouraging and it just makes them hate zombie collecting. If that starts to happen to you, then definitely skip them. But you don't have to. Dragons do sometimes turn on these off-months. If you're serious about zombie-collecting, then I think it's better to go for it and see if you start feeling discouraged.

^This is why I haven't tried to make zombies outside of Halloween, too afraid that I'll get frustrated. But, there are so many sprites now its hard to try only once a year!

You learn to live with the frustration.  Just come here and moan about a success rate of nil and losing count of the dodges like the rest of us do!

Just do your kills and hope for the best. I always get some Zombie outside the "best dates", you just need to groom a horde of Sacrifices and try not to get too attached.

6 hours ago, songwithnosoul said:

Personally I never skip any months, because you get ten kills a month and those are a limited resource I don't want to waste as they're the only way to get adult zombies. The chances aren't great, but they're better between midnight and 6 a.m. Dragon Cave time. It depends, though. Some people find the higher chance of failures highly discouraging and it just makes them hate zombie collecting. If that starts to happen to you, then definitely skip them. But you don't have to. Dragons do sometimes turn on these off-months. If you're serious about zombie-collecting, then I think it's better to go for it and see if you start feeling discouraged.

That's a good point re 10 kills and adult sprites. I guess I'll try it and see how it makes me feel :)