DragonNighthowler

Re-Open Winter Events Editing

Well, I have been thinking about this for a while now, but I never came along to suggest it. It's something really simple, really, that doesn't affect gameplay, so I hope it won't be much trouble to code and do.

How about when Christmas time comes, we get to be able to decorate out Christmas Trees and Wreaths? There's also an idea to open decorating year round or to open them for the month of December.

Selfishly speaking, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to do some changes to our trees and wreaths.

Now, being rational about it, it would be an extension of what we do at home every year. When Christmas time comes, we decorate our trees, and our houses, so I thought maybe we could do that here in DC, since we already have the tree and the wreath.

What do you guys think?

Edited for being a lazy idiot and not checking the correct name of the wreath. tongue.gif

Forts are an interesting discussion since they depended on the dropping of snow. Here are some posts/ideas on how to handle forts.

I would like for everything but forts, and/or limited editing of forts. The forts require snow, which I don't think it would be a good idea for it to continue dropping. I guess you could give everyone an unlimited supply of snow, but that seems like cheating.

What I mean by limited editing is moving existing items around, but not being able to add new items.

What if people were just locked with however much snow they got originally?

That sounds sensible!

Although perhaps so would a caveat against having these opened during the month of December or other periods where the extra burden might make the Cave crash...

Perhaps have these open, one at a time, in rotational periods through the year, only not at peak times, so that people would have a specified period in which to fuss with each of these?

Perhaps schedule even just two weeks each for two of them in November, and the same for others in Jan/Feb, (spaced so as to avoid the extra burden during Releases) so as not to have everything going on at once at a point when the site is seeing high traffic and activity already, and the Cave sometimes takes forever to refresh/whites out/has data errors anyway?

We'll be building up with more these events every year, after all...

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Thread? Do you mean the wreath?

Yes, that. Thanks.

Sorry, english is not my native and while I'm quiet fluid, there are some words I get wrong (which doesn't justify my laziness for not checking) tongue.gif.

I'm off to fix it.

I posted in TLQ as the first time I went to the events this year, it did suggest we could change our wreath - but then that text disappeared....

If it happened, I would like us to be able to undo and set back to what we had though.... I get very frustrated with "reset all ornaments" when I only want to change what I did TODAY.... xd.png

I know exactly what you mean. I'd love to have a "save decorations" button that does just that. And, unless you hit it, the gingerbread house (tree, wreath) should go back to what it was the last time it was saved.

That being said, I'd love to make changes to my wreath and tree.

Definitely, yes please!!

If I remember correctly, wasn't the original plan to let us redecorate our trees, after awhile? I could've *sworn* TJ said that way back when. But it never happened.

I could swear he said so, too. At least about the trees.

I would love if the older decorating games would be reactivated during the holiday period.

My tree is still a freaking mess since 2 years since I could not finish decorating it, it looks horrible. >_<

According to the "Tree Decorating" post, trees were going to be unlocked so we could change the decorations.

I'd like to be able to change my Tree/Wreath as well. And I hope we can keep playing with the gingerbread houses after the event is done.

EDIT: punctuation fail

Edited by arenee1999

Yep. I've always been a little miffed that tree decorating never opened up again. We never actually got told when (or that) wreath decorating was going to close. And I know I'm not going to have time enough to play around with my gingerbread house as much as I'd like.

On another issue, I have just realised that we cannot actually see anyone ELSE's wreath... Go through the process and you can only get to your own.... sad.gif

You can see their trees and their houses - but you always get to your own wreath. I am not happy sad.gif

On another issue, I have just realised that we cannot actually see anyone ELSE's wreath... Go through the process and you can only get to your own.... sad.gif

You can see their trees and their houses - but you always get to your own wreath. I am not happy sad.gif

You can see other's wreaths by adding their scroll name to the end of the link.

Example:

Mine is http://dragcave.net/wreath/arenee1999

You can see other's wreaths by adding their scroll name to the end of the link.

Example:

Mine is http://dragcave.net/wreath/arenee1999

BRILLIANT ! Thank you ! wub.gif How odd that that cannot be done from the scroll link though...

Yours is lovely.

This was supposed to be part of the plan, and we have asked for it before. Maybe it turned out to be creating too heavy a load on the server. TJ has never told us what is going on with this.

If the site can handle it so to speak, then yes. My wreath is unfinished and I'm itching to tear down my tree and do something else.

I had hoped to redo my tree in several one color schemes. Right now, it's in a traditional multi color scheme that i would like to change at least once.

Yeah, I just realized that I never finished my wreath, so yeah, it is ugly right now and I would love to finish it sometime. If having them open at the same time is too much on the server, maybe they could be opened on earlier weeks in December. Like have the tree open two weeks before the holiday events start, then have it close after a week, and the wreath opens, just as an example.

I would love to have TJ just tell us:

That it was changed for a reason, even if he doesn't explain further,

That he still plans to open it again at some point, even if he doesn't tell us when,

That he is still trying to decide, even if he doesn't tell us anything more.

Just any word from him on this issue would satisfy me. We keep asking, and getting no response, so we don't know what's going on.

It's been a few days since my last post, so I hope this isn't going to count as double posting:

I wonder if there is a way that we could have the decorating back on a limited basis in an off season? Like "Christmas in July". Maybe we could be allowed to redecorate our trees, wreaths, and gingerbread houses for a limited period. If opening all of them at once would be difficult, perhaps we could be given trees for a week, wreaths for a week, and gingerbread houses for a week. It could be done as a one time thing, or an annual event. If it was a one time thing, at least those whose trees were glitched the first time around would have a chance to fix things.

I would also appreciate if when we have these things, it was clearly spelled out how long they would be available, and I would like to be told if getting them back to do over is ever going to happen. Please?

I'd like to be able to see (just see...) the things I cooked.... I have the pie, so the badge ought to lead SOMEWHERE or just be an image like the 4th July one...

But to be fair - this year I thought it DID say ends Jan 2. And it did too.

Well, it did say that the event would end Jan 2, so it was fair to assume the gingerbread house would end at that time, but with the trees we were told we would have the decorations and be able to redecorate after the event was over. I don't recall what we were told about the wreaths.

We have asked what was going on with the trees forever, and haven't gotten a response. I just wish that if it isn't going to/likely to happen, we could be told. There are so many with glitched trees, which wasn't their fault, and so many like me that just want to redo things for fun. I would like to be told what to expect.

I did make a stupid mistake with my house, letting my grand nephew play with it, and then not fix it before it was over, and I'd like to fix that, but that was definitely my fault.

Though, it would really be nice to be able to redo them all at some point, however limited it might be.

Yeah, I'd just like things like the recipe/ingredient list and the rest of it explained, so we know if it's worthwhile to ask for these things or not.

Would love a "Christmas in July"!

Each week a different chance to play with our trees or wreaths, etc.

An annual event for it would be fantastic, and it would be something to look forward to during the long stretch between the Easter and Halloween events. +1

I'm not sure about 'Christmas in July'. Surely we should be able to decorate our Christmas wreaths/trees/gingerbread houses AT Christmas.