RainDear

Wreaths and Trees

Last year we were told that tree decorating would be reopened after the contest so that we could continue to play with our trees and redecorate them at will. That never happened.

This year many of us assumed that since there was no contest, we would be allowed to play with our wreaths and redecorate them at will. Again, that isn't what happened.

I and many others would really like to play with these things, so I wonder, if they are closed because they use too much of the available resources, would it be possible to allow us to download them to our own computers to play with?

I was really looking forward to trying both the tree and the wreath in different colors and combinations, and would love to have the opportunity to play with them further.

If this is not possible, I would love to be informed whether we will have more opportunities to play with them, and when that would be. Also, with future events of this type, can we please be informed when play will be closed? Pretty please?

I and many others would really like to play with these things, so I wonder, if they are closed because they use too much of the available resources, would it be possible to allow us to download them to our own computers to play with?

Ooh! I vote yes, please!

My main concern was also resources, but if there was any way that we could have them as a download to play with on our own, that would be fantastic. We could all still be comparing wreaths in July. xd.png

I support this fully.

I too would love to be able to either totally redecorate my tree and/or wreath or tweak them.

If it is a case of resources then being able to download the things to play with would be wonderful.

I was disappointed I didn't get a chance to tweak my wreath this year. Thus, it would be very nice in future if we knew in advance when whatever the 'decorating' event (assuming we have some more, which would be lovely) will be closing.

I definitely support this. I have checked untold times to see if the tree decorations were active again. And I was quite disappointed that the wreath decorating was ended so soon and with no notice that it would happen.

I had thought of the possibility that it took up too much of the server resources. I am not quite sure how it could work to download them to our own computers, but if there is a way to do this I am in complete support of that.

Oh, I am absolutely behind this! I was really surprised that our wreaths locked without any warning -- I just expected that something which was organized on so large a scale would give us a clearer timetable for the activities. I think that a lot of people would like, at the very least, a well-publicized day or two of unlocked wreaths and trees so they can finish their decorating, rather than having a saved image of messy floating ornaments forever. wink.gif

Downloading for personal use would be SO much fun! And we could still share our wreath images on the thread.

Absolutely behind this. I thought we were supposed to be able to edit our trees again after New Years of /this/ year?

Oh, yes, please. I'd be happy enough if we could just get a pic of the undecorated wreath. After all, the decorations can all be found in the News thread, and with the help of a graphic program, we can play with each easy enough. (I sure did copy everything from the trees way back when.)

I'd either like to be able to edit them, or have the option to hide them. I'm not pleased with my wreath, and since I can't fix it I'd like to be able to at least keep others from seeing it.

But if we ever do a decorating event again, it needs to be made abundantly clear when it will end.

Yes please - downloadable would be lovely.

I shall now try and find me an undecorated wreath.... Never thought of that !

I'd be happy enough if we could just get a pic of the undecorated wreath.

As a workaround, my wreath is all but undecorated. If someone wants to cobble together my wreath with another wreath that has decorations in a different spot, you should be able to get a pristine wreath to work with.

Poked around a tiny bit more and found it. No cobbling necessary. (Though you'll have to take the extra dash out of the URL, stubborn image-link-filtering forum. And it might not stick around for long, since it looks like a standard dynamic image URL, like the dragon images. Someone else might want to re-upload it somewhere more stable.)

Poked around a tiny bit more and found it. No cobbling necessary. (Though you'll have to take the extra dash out of the URL, stubborn image-link-filtering forum. And it might not stick around for long, since it looks like a standard dynamic image URL, like the dragon images. Someone else might want to re-upload it somewhere more stable.)

Way to go - thanks smile.gif

Support for this!

I was not done with my wreath and was actually going to start working on it in earnest like the day it was closed xd.png

I really wish I would have had notice.

i too would love for the wreaths and trees being open for decorating again.

i'm happy with my wreath, but my friend didn't have a chance to change his and i kind of feel bad. and the trees, weren't we promised redecorating them? i'd love to tinker with mine 'til i thought it was perfect. right now, all i see is a failed attempt at winning a contest. xd.png

so i support. i also thought it was stupid that the wreaths were frozen with no warning. D:

I haven't had the time or energy for decorating, but it would have been nice to know when the wreaths would be locked.

If I'd known that we had apparently unlimited decorations that wouldn't disappear on us at any point and that the wreaths would be frozen so soon, I might have organized things better and at least put in more work in the early days when I did have a little more time and fewer distractions.

I support this too. Wasn't finished with my wreath. Wanted to work on it, and it didn't work anymore. sad.gif

I support. My tree from last year was ok, but I would love the chance to play with it some more.

I'm not sure if I'm all that keen on wreaths and trees being available to change all year around. But I think that it would make sense for them to be available the entire month of December, kind of like the Christmas breeding period, but for editing past activities like this. smile.gif It seems like a fair compromise to me.

As my holidays were busy and I didn't have a chance to sit down with my wreath until several days after Christmas, I'd love a chance to re-edit things. smile.gif Although I could live with things the way they are - with my blue bow and white flowers - but I'd be happier if I had an options.

I was always looking forward to being able to edit my tree again, too - but I do like my tree, so I can live with it the way it is, and as such this one isn't no important to me.

I just wish we had KNOWN when it would end... sad.gif

I just wish we had KNOWN when it would end... sad.gif

Yes, same here. My wreath is not decorated and I was hoping to take some time to do so after all the busy season. Too late for it now.