St. Jimmy

Language

My native language is Lithuanian. I'm also ok at English smile.gif I can understand everything but my grammar is awful.

I'm learning Latin at school.

I would love to learn Japanese, I think it is very beautiful smile.gif

In school, I'm learning Latin. So I can speak basic sentences like "The apple is red," which is "Malum rubrum est."

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't malum mean evil? I thought apple was something like pomum.

I speak English and Spanish fluently, and am learning French.

I'd love to learn Basque, my family's ancestral language. The only problem is, you don't really get to use that language anywhere except in the Basque country itself and Navarre! tongue.gif

I understand and speak *some* Cantonese and am currently learning Mandarin (four years of Cantonese and three Mandarin.) I would like to learn Japanese or French too tongue.gif

My main language is Serbian, but i know a little bit of English and French. I'm learning Russian in my school. smile.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't malum mean evil? I thought apple was something like pomum.

Actually, the common trope of the apple as the fruit that Adam and Eve ate comes from a play on words.

Apple can be pomum, but is better known by malum. The genus is Malus.

So mālum is an apple, while mălum is an evil.

Don't you get me started on language!

/mutters about her language development class

I fail terribly at languages. I've tried my hand at many but trying to wrap my head around them is like trying to read a book backwards. I guess I'll just stick to math and science since I can't seem to learn any other languages.

Hah, you have it easy :D I really want to go to america, but i don't know what i'll do there ^^; XD

[A přidám svůj skromný text: Máte to moc lehký, celej svět vám rozumí a vy nemusíte hnout ANI PRSTEM. :DD bych vám dala zažít to učit se jazyk a pak v něm komunikovat bez použití gůglu. XD]

Edited by Arredie

I know how to speak English and Mandarin fluently, and I learned a lot of Japanese from watching anime and reading manga. I also know some some Spanish and I'm learning French in school. I know the slightest bit of Italian too, also from manga.

My native tongue is German, but I also speak English fluently (though I still make mistakes, but at least most of the time everyone understands me), I'm learning spanish and I speak some words Portuguese, Italian, Polish and French.^^

I'm from Southern California, one of the rare born-and-raised here, with the even rarer having a parent born-an-raised here. And while I am not Hispanic, I can read it pretty well, speak it some, and understand a little, all thru osmosis, lol. You can't help it really, growing up here. But English is my native language.

I've just finished my first year of Japanese. It blows my mind a little to have kouhai and be ninensei now. @-@

I only speak English, but I put much effort into sounding like I know what I'm saying when I sing in German, Italian, Latin etc. tongue.gif

I speak Greek (as mother tongue), English, and very poor France language (from when I went school).

I can understand a little Spanish and Italian too, but not speak them. I want to learn Russian.

My native language is German..I also speak English and Spanish...and Portuguese, a little bit French and Catalan, and I'm currently learning Finnish. smile.gif

(Btw, is there anybody who might be willing to help with questions regarding Finnish grammar and similar things?)

I'm sadly monolingual. I am slowly learning Spanish. I really want to learn French and Mandarin.

איך בלויז ריידן ענגליש.

וואָס טוט דאָס זאָגן?

I don't think that's translatable... I definitely don't speak Yiddish. Thanks, Google Translate!

Edited by Niyaka

I speak Korean in offline. But I use English most in online. Although I'm terrible in English.

그래서 긴 글에는 답변을 달고 싶어도 달 수 없습니다.

I usually talk Spanish so here is a little of it:

No era penal! sad.gif

I speak Portuguese (although I am not native from a Portuguese-speaking country tongue.gif )

English - still learning, I am probably an intermediate; I try to only use English when I'm online haha. biggrin.gif I've been self-teaching English for about five years now.

German - I've just started self-teaching German, actually. Just a few weeks ago. I still know only some words and small, basic phrases.

I plan to learn French (soon?), and maybe Russian/Polish/Latin later on.

Ahh, languages are so beautiful! D: So I will always be learning a new one! xd.png

If I ever get fluent on all of those... I guess I'd start with Italian, Swedish, Greek, Dutch... hey, I can dream, right? xd.png

Well i'm fluent in Norwegian (my mother tounge) , swedish, and english.

I know a little bit of basic french, but ts nothing impressive. i know how to say things like ' to the left is a big red door', but french was never really my thing so i dropped it.

I'm actually going to take classes in danish when school starts so that will be fun. I can already read and understand spoken danish because of its similarity with swedish and norwegian, so hopefully the classes wont be that hard biggrin.gif

The only other languages I know besides English are coding languages, and I don't think those count tongue.gif I'm going to be taking American Sign Language at some point for my major though, and I think that's going to be super cool.