St. Jimmy

Language

Tere. Minu nimi on Jimmy. Ma ei räägi eesti keelt hästi. (Hello. My name is Jimmy. I don't speak Estonian well.)

Yeah... somehow I ended up trying to learn Estonian. I only know the basics right now, though. It's such a pretty language, and I'd love to learn more.

That aside... going to try posting this again. I'm trying to translate "taste the rainbow" into as many languages as I can, and would love it if others would help me with this! I'd really rather not use google translate, since that usually gives me complete butt. (also don't ask about this... there is a looong, weird story behind it.) If you could PM me a translation, that would be great! I already have: French, Spanish, German, Finnish, Norwegian, Icelandic, Swedish, Japanese, Tagalog, Dutch, and Hebrew.

My main language is Danish but I've been taught english in school as well as a little german Oo

I've tried to learn french once but I'm terrible with languages! ^^,

My first tongue is english, but I want to learn Na'vi and some Irish. I know some Italian and am taking american sign language classes.

I speak English, and the only other language spoken fluently and recently in my family was German spoken by my great-great-grandmother. So yeah, we all speak English. But I am in Spanish II (and it is actually my best class!) and I think it would be neat if I could speak it fluently one day. Unlikely that I'll pursue it past my required high school classes, but still - it would be neat.

*sigh* Got some of my languages checked off of my list. xd.png Managed to finish up Czech, Greek, and Italian before I got distracted with Lao. Learning to read and write different languages, personally I think, is fun! biggrin.gif Still want to learn to speak them, but for now, I think writing is good enough for me. <3

~ΣταρΣεα

~StarSea

Croatian is my mother language, and I can speak English fluently. I'm also learning Italian (not going that well) and Spanish. I also dabbed a little in German when I was nine - ten years old, but then I got into music school and I gave up on German.

English is my native language and I took four years of German in high school. Started self-learning basic Japanese but can't really read or speak it yet. Would like to become fluent in German and Japanese in the future. I somehow take to learning languages easily, never seen it as difficult so I'd like to learn enough of many so that I can travel to places with more ease. also look all smart and stuff

Edited by EmoDuck598

English is my native language and I took four years of German in high school. Started self-learning basic Japanese but can't really read or speak it yet. Would like to become fluent in German and Japanese in the future. I somehow take to learning languages easily, never seen it as difficult so I'd like to learn enough of many so that I can travel to places with more ease. also look all smart and stuff

The very first thing you should do in learning Japanese is to learn to read hiragana and katakana. Abandon all else.

I can currently speak English and French fluidly (Canada eh), although I'd love to learn to speak German and Russian and at least learn to read Japanese.

Swedish is my native language. On top of that, I am more or less fluent in English, have studied German for six years and should know much more than I actually do. At the moment I have been studying Japanese full time for a year and am now an exchange student in Japan, and will be here for a year in order to study the language. smile.gif

My native language is English but I speak a bit of other languages as well. The only other language I can hold a decent conversation in is Spanish. I learned it in my last two years of High School when I was in Ecuador. When I lived in Uzbekistan, I had to learn Russian but I really only learned how to read and write in Russian because it's such a friggen hard language to learn. I also speak a little of Japanese and German. I spoke German a lot more fluently when I was younger but I forgot most of it.

English and French are my native languages, I learnt a bit of Spanish, German and Latin at school but they are fading very fast. One thing I would love to learn is sign language, but I don't know if I would learn the English or the French one.

I can currently speak English and French fluidly (Canada eh), although I'd love to learn to speak German and Russian and at least learn to read Japanese.

If you really want to, start now.

English is my native language. I'm also okay at French. I can hold a conversation fine and everything, but my writing is pretty poor. But I get by. tongue.gif I can understand it well. And I discovered yesterday that I'm not half bad at understanding Spanish either, even though I haven't properly learnt it. I've watched Spanish films and because I understand French too, there's a fair bit of overlap.

My first language was Portuguese. Then I learned English and I can speak it fluently (of course, since I live in the USA; immersion helps). I am learning French, can speak and read enough Spanish to decipher conversations, and I'm learning Latin. Of the five, Latin in the hardest that I speak/am learning. Oh, those conjugations and declensions. xd.png

I'm fluent in English and Chinese. Though my Chinese standards are mostly of conversational level with my family's help...

I'm learning Japanese on my own with the help of online resources and such. I have to finish up memorizing all that hiragana and katakana stuff x_x

I'm fluent in English and Chinese. Though my Chinese standards are mostly of conversational level with my family's help...

I'm learning Japanese on my own with the help of online resources and such. I have to finish up memorizing all that hiragana and katakana stuff x_x

Yes... learning to read kana is the most important first step. After you get them down it's pretty hard to forget, since you'll use them pretty frequently.

I'm fluent in English (obviously), and I'm taking a class on Spanish. I really want to learn Swedish though. The language is beautiful.

I speak fluent English (or maybe I don't...), I'm in Latin 1, and my friend and I are learning German.

My mother language is English, I speak about as good Japanese as you can expect from someone who has never lived there (most people just call me "fluent", though I'm painfully aware of how many holes there are in my comprehension), and I speak a few words of French and Hebrew.

Salve! Thats latin for hello!

I speak English but i'm learning Latin and Japanese.

Good luck with Latin. It was mandatory subject for first two years of my highschool and it was horribly hard.