ShatteringGlass

DBAK (Dragon Breeders Against Killing)

I won't sign this, but the oath could be more poetic.

For example:

I, *name*, resolve from slaughtering that noble beast, the dragon

Only in the dark depths of desperation shall I execute that mighty creature, the king of reptiles

So that the majestic race shall expand and reach all corners of the world, for all of time

Edited by Torzath

"I, Meggiejenna, resolve from killing dragons

Only in desperation will I kill them

so that the dragon population will grow"

The first post is wrong about the unlocking part. Killing an means the egg takes up an egg slot for 24 hours. Same with a hatchling.

I have made zombies, and done neglected experiments. I don't regret it. I've bitten eggs hoping for them to turn, or for them to auto, and EQ'd to make eggs I accidentally grabbed from the cave die.

Also, don't forget, these ARE just pixels. They have no thoughts, no feelings.

And every time a rare egg is killed, it is deleted from the ratios, meaning another dragon of that kind will be bred or will drop from the cave to take its place.

I, eaglestar, resolve from killing dragons

so that the dragon population will grow

All I've ever killed was an egg to get a rare. it was cb and i couldn't abandon it but i didn't know it would take up an egg slot

One small post,then its all up in the air..so to speak****

My FIRST DEAD DRAGON/EGG/HATCHIE EVER ON MY SCROLL WAS A FAILED VAMP BITE...It truly made me feel awful looking at that cracked egg shell for the time limit..its rather over-doing the egg shell being on scroll long after its stopped counting against you..anyway,I luckily had more GOOD luck with bites than many dead eggs..but it felt lousy .

I have NEVER killed any dragon/egg on purpose,although I have done 3 ND experiments that ended in death,major bummer,but it wasnt my long loved draggies used in experiments,and I JUST decided to try for a zombie this year.against my first couple years ban..and I dont feel evil or malicious,as I get no thrill or easy ability to KILL a dragon just because its in my way..I would release anything unwanted,not kill.

My zombie attempt will hopefully work quickly,I do NOT relish killing innocent dragons(pixels) for pleasure or fun...so I count myself a humane dragon lover ..STILL!

Rockin' On

Ok, I am new to this and you are talking about doing earthquakes on purpose... blink.gif why?

No biting my eggs please mad.gif I will bite you back tongue.gif

"I, DUSTYDRAGON, resolve from killing dragons

I just freeze them, and now know not to take the egg if I all ready have it smile.gif

yup I am learning....lol

now just to find out how to trade, or get rares...like I really want a chicken!!! biggrin.gif

"I, headstrong-x, resolve from killing dragons

Only in desperation will I kill them,

The only reason I'd kill one would be to get this "Zombie", everyone's talking about.

I find it silly to kill an egg, just because you don't want it ect, just abandon it. Jeez.

"I, Kaoto_Susanao235, resolve from killing dragons

I find it appalling that some people kill Rares for fun. I hope that one day TJ Decides that the Kill Option is only allowed for use on Halloween. I don't mind the idea of Zombies or the Risk of Vampire Bites. But... Killing for fun is sick. This is all I am going to say.

Edited by Kaoto_Susanao235

"I, MysticTiger, resolve from killing dragons

My only Vampire was from the AP and I don't ever plan on using Bite. I love my Vamp, but I would not take the chance.

"I, Rinikka, resolve from killing dragons

I NEVER KILL and I WILL NEVER KILL smile.gif

Hello

As you know, there is a "Kill" option in every egg/hatchling/adult's actions. I am aware that it might be necessary to use if your scroll is locked and you need to trade/get an egg. However, if you kill a hatchling for that reason, couldn't you have just frozen it and kept it? Eggs you can abandon, if you want to. So why have the kill option? Some people actually kill rares for FUN.

Now, about bred eggs/hatchlings: If it has been bred by two dragons on your scroll and you kill it, how would that make the parents feel? Like you killing a newborn baby? This is why I am posting this: I am one of many who are against killing dragons. If you are too, recite the oath:

"I, [username here], resolve from killing dragons

List: ShatteringGlass, Ethril Dragon, Drawin, Stealthypugs, sweepea825, Bamboomonkey, darkangel787, Kaini, Infinis, Passii, julianimal, Umbee, john_jones, predatorfan4ever, Shay-la!, itsme!, Delphene, rainpeltstar, Daydreamer09, Naughtrish, Angel of the Inferno, Rayquaza7996, christmawolf, RuthlessWolves, jovana97, Zeke256, pfeifferpack

user posted image

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/kLDOC.png][/URL]

user posted image

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/iF7rG.png][/URL]

Credit to rbb115:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/rin_haya/oath5.png]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/rin_haya/oath6.jpg]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/rin_haya/oath7.png]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/rin_haya/oath8.png]

NOTE: Due to complaints, If you have killed eggs/hatchlings for Zombies, Vampires and/or Neglecteds, as long as you do not have more than 5 deaths as a result of trying to get one, you can still sign.

NOTE: You don't have to join if you don't want to, not my problem that a few people think it is FORCING them to join

I do not kill or freeze anything for any reason.

I have accidently let a couple die, because I forgot to put them on the

fansites, but lately have been watching very close so I don't do it again.

"I, Azuredragonegg, resolve from killing dragons

"I, littleangelamy22, resolve from killing dragons

Sometimes I'm away and my dragons die accidentally, but that is rare. Never kill.

I, Moonmommy5, resolve from killing dragons

so that the dragon population will grow!

I have never killed a dragon. Ever. smile.gif I'm proud of myself.

"I, beachbeagle, resolve from killing dragons

I actually debated ignoring this thread, especially after the comment about "....how would the parents feel?...." because I don't get that attached to my dragons. They're pixels. However, I did realize that if I take it as more of a hypothetical, "if they were real...." statement, it might matter to them. Not that that is much of an influence in my posting this.

I've killed one dragon on accident, a frozen one I wanted to abandon. I just generally avoid killing aside from that incident because: A.) I don't usually grab an egg I don't want, and B.) If I later decide I don't want it, that doesn't mean someone else doesn't want/can't use that egg/hatchling. I don't care too much about having zombies or neglected. As for vamps, I haven't killed one YET.

Edited by beachbeagle

I, Soruc, resolve from killing dragons

so that the dragon population will grow

I only killed like, 2 dragons in an attempt to get a Zombie, and once from a failed vamp bite (Failed Vamp bite still visible in my scroll) I also killed an egg by accident like 3 months ago when I tried to hit 'Abandon' but hit 'kill' instead x-x

I am never using the earthquake BSA again. Killed 4 eggs with them. Actually, I might use the earthquake BSA again. On the 23rd, when I'm trying to free hatchies.

Edited by Soruc The Dragon

"I, WildDragonFlying, resolve from killing dragons

I have had a couple of eggs die on me, and one of my dragons died, and all of them felt horrible. x.x I never want to go through that again. I know they're just pixels, but you can't help but fall in love with them.

"I, jreid9001, resolve from killing dragons

I've had 2 deaths, both accidentally due to sickness sad.gif . Never killed or earthquaked anything.

"I, Daypaw, resolve from killing dragons

If I need a hatchie off my scroll -right now- I freeze it. At least then I'll still have an adorable perma-hatchie, who I can name, and love equally with the rest of the adults.

If it's an egg, I put it in the AP for someone else to (hopefully) raise and love.

I can't tell people not to kill their hatchies, but I don't agree with it. The only time I can see trying is next year, on a Zombie Attempt- but I wouldn't attempt with anything rare or hard to get.

"I, Haikari, resolve from killing dragons

The only time I killed a hatchie was during a zombie attempt this Holloween... and the message I got after I did it left me sick to my stomach. Not even a zombie could make me kill another hatchie... IB, Common or whatever.

This seems...really silly to me. These are pixels we are talking about, not living creatures with real feelings and lives and souls.

I have killed before and will continue to do so. You have to kill in order to get certain dragons (neglected, zombie) and killing is also a potential consequence of the game sometimes (biting, failed earthquake attempts).

I often catch inbred or ugly-lineaged rares out of the AP and I usually kill or bite them. Not "for fun" as suggested, but because for every inbred rare that gets killed/bitten, there's a possibility that a CB rare or short-lineaged rare might crop up in its place to fill that slot in the ratios. If I kill an inbred rare (whether it be by deliberately smashing it or as a by-product of a failed vamp bite), I am doing a good deed, because it means I'm taking a slot away from a less desirable rare and making room for a more desirable rare (yes, it's possible that another inbred one might just get created in its place, but it's still a worthwhile risk). And yes, I know that there are users who would love to have that inbred rare, but if I re-abandon the egg and someone who wants it catches it, there's a good chance that they will breed it when it grows up. Eventually they'd make another inbred rare, thereby increasing the number of inbred or messy-lineaged rares, which reduces everyone's chance of catching CB rares. Not only that, but along the way they'd probably make plenty of inbred commons and most people don't want them.

I seriously doubt that there are many/any users who regularly kill just for the heck of it or for fun (except maybe new players who are testing the action). The killed egg/hatchling taking up one of your slots for 24 hours is too annoying to kill for no good reason. When people kill, they usually have a very good reason for doing so.

"I, GreenDragonMama, resolve from killing dragons

If I may expand on one of the points made by Renorei, in her post above:

an egg misclicked from the Cave must be held for 5 hours, while a killed egg or hatchie of any type (apart from EQ-killed eggs) takes up a spot for 24 hours.

Eggs and hatchies can be abandoned, while hatchies and adults can be Released, with no need to kill at all.

People are allowed a total of 5 kill spots, the restriction being there to discourage indiscriminate killing.

These kill slots are taken up by Zombies on a permanent basis, and for some time by failed Vamp Bites or any action (I'm not including low number out-of-timers in that group) other than EQ which has proven fatal.

(Just to mention that not many deliberate killings are actually conducted, unless for specific goals, such as Zombies, if that makes anyone feel better.)

"I, Skypool, resolve from killing dragons