ShatteringGlass

DBAK (Dragon Breeders Against Killing)

I, shopgirl998, resolve from killing dragons

Only in desperation will I kill them

so that the dragon population will grow"

I would also like to point out, that sections like: "Only in desperation will I kill them" render your point invalid. "Desperation" is completely subjective. You are either all for somethings, or completely against it. Otherwise, it makes you look as if your point doesn't hold water.

I apologize for this post. I honestly was trying to help, and not troll.

Edited by Corteo

Threads like this make me wanna go around smashing eggs :3

But really. If i want to kill, i'll kill. If i dont want to , i wont. No need to have people sign up.

Users are asked to remember to be respectful. Also, if you have already come in here and expressed your opinion on this, there is no need for you to further return and continue to try to beat it down. Just as there is nothing stopping you from killing something you want to kill, there is nothing stopping these users from taking this pledge (or the Responsible Breeder pledge, or the Single Scroll Oath, etc).

Actually in a recent post, TJ said something about abandoned dragons not counting towards the ratios here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=98413

(This was actually news to me, since I thought abandoned dragons did count until I saw this)

On the topic at hand, I don't care for the idea of random killing for no real reason at all either. The only times I've made an exception of sorts was risking eggs for vampire bites (mainly for gifting to others who really want them) and, I confess I did try for Zombies on Halloween. Zero successes and it made me feel honestly horrible, and I doubt I'll try it again. I'm just too sentimental I guess...

Ahh, really? I didn't know that, sorry for the mistake. Well, that's cool, good to know.

Personally can still see the reasoning if it's for lineage purpose, and wouldn't take the oath myself, but if people want to, is their choice. =]

I'd be more inclined to sign this.... but there are a few reasons not to:

* In order for me to get a complete scroll, I needed to mass kill on Halloween to get some Zombies.

* In order for me to get a neglected dragon, some of my eggs might die.

* You (the OP) make it sound like the dragons are human, which I loathe.

Cute idea, but I doubt anyone who wants all of the dragons are going to be able to sign this.

This.

I would sign, but I would like a few Zombies come Halloween, and I reguarly bite in order to gift to other people. I never kill unless the situation demands it tho.

"I, julianimal, resolve from killing dragons

The only reason dead eggs will be/are on my scroll are failed vampire bites. Or zombies (would someone please eplain zombies to me? All I know is that it has something to do with killing). I never ever kill. I freeze if I must, and if I couldn't do that, I'd release.

I do appreciate your idea and make some small banners for you laugh.gif If you use them I‘ll be grateful^^

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

But I don't think I'll take this oath, because personally I won't kill my dragons for any reason, and I won't take any action which is life-threatening to my dragons. So I won't do experiment for ND or Zombie, and no more Vamp bite. I think my personal choice is conflicting with the pact of "Only in desperation will I kill them " , I won't give myself any excuse to do that. I know I’m some kind of extreme, but I won't use my personal choice as judgement to evaluate anybody else.

I‘m grieved every time I saw the eggshell and tomb in the graveyard page; there's even some person around me enjoying picking up some terraes or balloons then break them, but I always think I’m not qualify for criticizing them. So I do consider your effort is really respectful. This oath could not entirely stop the killings around DC, but hope more people will join you guys biggrin.gif

Edited by rbb115

Nice banners smile.gif I'm sure glass will like them tongue.gif

I haven't posted here much because of the controversy, I'm trying to avoid the debate :/ I'm glad of iarsma's post, it's everything I wanted to say but couldn't tongue.gif

I, Umbee, resolve from killing dragons

so that the dragon population will grow

I don't let my vamps bite eggs anymore, and I'd rather trade for a neglected than kill who knows how many eggs. I'll only kill for zombies, since they can't be abandoned.

I get attached to my pixels. :c

"I, Cassiee, resolve from killing dragons

I dislike killing things :(

"I, john_jones, resolve from killing dragons

I didn't kill for fun x) And i won't.

"I, predatorfan4ever, resolve from killing dragons

"I, Shay-la!, resolve from killing dragons

Once, I bred my Balloon dragon, I went to look at who adopted the egg, and it said, "unfortunately, this egg has been killed" mad.gifsad.gif

I, itsme!, resolve from killing dragons

so that the dragon population will grow

i acualy never kill dragons. (ive never had a dragon! only eggs!!) i only abandon eggs so someone else can have them.

Once, I bred my Balloon dragon, I went to look at who adopted the egg, and it said, "unfortunately, this egg has been killed"  mad.gif  sad.gif

who`d adopt an egg and then kill it!!?? it makes no sense!!!

mad.gif

Edited by itsme!

Now, about bred eggs/hatchlings: If it has been bred by two dragons on your scroll and you kill it, how would that make the parents feel? Like you killing a newborn baby? This is why I am posting this: I am one of many who are against killing dragons. If you are too, recite the oath:

LOL. as if online sprites had feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should take a little time off dragon-cave.....

"I, Naughtrish, resolve from killing dragons

I only had a hatchie dead of sickness overnight... it was fine when I went to sleep and it was dead when I woke up sad.gif

I'd rather freeze or release any unwanted eggs/hatchies. And so far my vamps never killed any of my eggs smile.gif

who`d adopt an egg and then kill it!!?? it makes no sense!!!

mad.gif

It was probably bitten.

I kill dragons to raise an undead army

ok... tell me how that works out for you.

I only killed a few times on Halloween to get a zombie...and I felt HORIBLE afterwards. I don't even know if the rare elisive zombie is worth it after having four hatchlings die because fo me >.<

"I, Delphine, resolve from killing dragons

"I, rainpeltstar, resolve from killing dragons

Once I killed a few eggs with Earthquake. Then I learned about how to make earthquakes more successful. I felt really bad afterward.

It's a good thing that Black egg didn't die when I tried for a Neglected...

EDIT: Read over the debate in the last few pages. It's just the feeling of killing a creature, pixels of not, that makes people take oaths like this.

I bit an egg to have another Vampire once. In 2 days...

Edited by rainpeltstar