ShatteringGlass

DBAK (Dragon Breeders Against Killing)

Hello

As you know, there is a "Kill" option in every egg/hatchling/adult's actions. I am aware that it might be necessary to use if your scroll is locked and you need to trade/get an egg. However, if you kill a hatchling for that reason, couldn't you have just frozen it and kept it? Eggs you can abandon, if you want to. So why have the kill option? Some people actually kill rares for FUN.

Now, about bred eggs/hatchlings: If it has been bred by two dragons on your scroll and you kill it, how would that make the parents feel? Like you killing a newborn baby? This is why I am posting this: I am one of many who are against killing dragons. If you are too, recite the oath:

"I, [username here], resolve from killing dragons

Only in desperation will I kill them

so that the dragon population will grow"

List: ShatteringGlass, Ethril Dragon, Drawin, Stealthypugs, sweepea825, Bamboomonkey, darkangel787, Kaini, Infinis, Passii, julianimal, Umbee, john_jones, predatorfan4ever, Shay-la!, itsme!, Delphene, rainpeltstar, Daydreamer09, Naughtrish, Angel of the Inferno, Rayquaza7996, christmawolf, RuthlessWolves, jovana97, Zeke256, pfeifferpack, Dragonlauren, Dustydragon, headstrong-x, Kaoto_Susanao235, MysticTiger, Rinikka, Azuredragonegg, littleangelamy22, moonmommy5, beachbeagle, Soruc the Dragon, WildDragonFlying, jreid9001, Daypaw, Haikari, GreenDragonMama, Skypool, Brentakers, scm7271998, PieMaster, Diamond, UkyoKuonji2004, mindzs eye2, mlaia, arabian sparkle, EeveeSkitty, Lalasa, MystEra, Ivyshadow, nachtOvOeule, quupee, funny12321, Cabalsux,

user posted image

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/kLDOC.png][/URL]

user posted image

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/iF7rG.png][/URL]

Credit to rbb115:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/rin_haya/oath5.png]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/rin_haya/oath6.jpg]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/rin_haya/oath7.png]

user posted image

[IMG=http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n303/rin_haya/oath8.png]

NOTE 1: Due to complaints, If you have killed eggs/hatchlings for Zombies, Vampires and/or Neglecteds, as long as you do not have more than 5 deaths as a result of trying to get one, you can still sign.

NOTE 2: You don't have to join if you don't want to, not my problem that a few people think it is FORCING them to join

Edited by ShatteringGlass

"I, Ethril Dragon, resolve from killing dragons

I've never intentionally killed a dragon. I've accidentally killed a common hatching when I was trying to release it, but that was nearly a year ago

I, Drawin, resolve from killing dragons

so that the dragon population will grow

I also have never killed a dragon like that, I only ever have killed one, and it was by a failure of a bite. happy.gif

I, Stealthy, resolve from killing dragons

so that the dragon population will grow

I killed a hatchie once, on purpose, to see what happened... Never again... Eggs I only kill with failed vampire bites and the occasional earthquake.

"I, sweepea825, resolve from killing dragons

the only deads i've had are from vamps and data monsters

"I, Bamboomonkey, resolve from killing dragons

I've also killed eggs by vampires and hatchlings in the beginning when I was new here and couldn't get enough clicks for them, but I've never used the action.

"I, darkangel787, resolve from killing dragons

I, Kaini, resolve from killing dragons

so that the dragon population will grow.

The only dead thing ever on my scroll was a failed vampire bite. Never. again.

"I, Infinis, resolve from killing dragons

I've only killed eggs due ot vamp bites. I will not bite again. DX

I suppose this was formed shortly after the rediscovery of the Graveyard?

Sorry. Just an observation. I couldn't help but speculate xd.png

Oh! You don't have to apologize or anything... I didn't mean anything by it tongue.gif I just joined, but I'd seen the thread before is all.

I'd be more inclined to sign this.... but there are a few reasons not to:

* In order for me to get a complete scroll, I needed to mass kill on Halloween to get some Zombies.

* In order for me to get a neglected dragon, some of my eggs might die.

* You (the OP) make it sound like the dragons are human, which I loathe.

Cute idea, but I doubt anyone who wants all of the dragons are going to be able to sign this.

* In order for me to get a complete scroll, I needed to mass kill on Halloween to get some Zombies.

Cute idea, but I doubt anyone who wants all of the dragons are going to be able to sign this.

This. The bold part especially.

And I don't... really... see.. the... problem... with... "killing"... pixels..... It seems a bit obsessive.

Perhaps making zombies or neglecteds classifys as 'desperation'?

*shurgs* I see your point too. They are pixels. But cute pixels tongue.gif

I think maybe this topic focuses on NEEDLESS killing, not killing for zombies. wink.gif I think what the OP means by making this is to help stop the random killings of unwanted eggs and hatchies.

I don't think zombies count, or should count, toward this petition, because you HAVE to kill a dragon to get one. wink.gif

True... I guess the post's tone rubs me the wrong way. :|

"I, Passii, resolve from killing dragons

the only time I actually killed a dragon was to get my little Zombie. ^^ And He's a cutie :3

Intentionally, I'd never purposely 'kill' a dragon. But myself is against the silliness of just murdering a dragon/egg for no intention...

So if you're okay with...

-Killing for zombies

-accidental deaths (like the one on my scroll /: )

-and unsuccessful neglecteds

Then I'm sorry.

Edited by Passii

This has been here for a few days.

Then why is it dated today? (25th)

I won't be taking the pledge, (I like my Zombie, Neglected & Vamps.) but applaud your stance.

Edited by Shamiir

This.. and I"ve killed one or two that I'd picked up without realizing they were inbred. If they were released, they'd continue to be factored in the ratios, right? I'd rather kill an inbred dragon, and have its inbreeding removed from its kids' pages and a chance for another to appear instead of it keeping a slot in the ratios forever.

Of course, the "they're just pixels" argument works against being bothered by inbred dragons, too, but either way. *shrug*

Killing dragons just because you don't want them isn't the greatest thing you could do, but it's a choice, putting some moral obligation to it doesn't make too much sense.

This.. and I"ve killed one or two that I'd picked up without realizing they were inbred.  If they were released, they'd continue to be factored in the ratios, right?  I'd rather kill an inbred dragon, and have its inbreeding removed from its kids' pages and a chance for another to appear instead of it keeping a slot in the ratios forever.

Of course, the "they're just pixels" argument works against being bothered by inbred dragons, too, but either way. *shrug*

Killing dragons just because you don't want them isn't the greatest thing you could do, but it's a choice, putting some moral obligation to it doesn't make too much sense.

Actually in a recent post, TJ said something about abandoned dragons not counting towards the ratios here: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=98413

(This was actually news to me, since I thought abandoned dragons did count until I saw this)

On the topic at hand, I don't care for the idea of random killing for no real reason at all either. The only times I've made an exception of sorts was risking eggs for vampire bites (mainly for gifting to others who really want them) and, I confess I did try for Zombies on Halloween. Zero successes and it made me feel honestly horrible, and I doubt I'll try it again. I'm just too sentimental I guess...

Please don't take this as a personal attack, because I have no intention of doing so. But the 'Kill' option is free for every member of DC to use. It's their decision, and if they want to do it, then why should someone be against it? And frankly, do you think people will stop killing just because you made this thread? Trust me, they won't even feel intimidated.

I am not saying this is a bad idea and I am not against what you guys want to do, I am just trying to understand how will this topic make others stop killing their eggs/hatchlings/dragons. Because, let's be honest, who did it in the past will do it again, regardless of what you're trying to succeed.

Hi, guys, I'd just like to point out that killing a hatchling to make room on your scroll wouldn't work.

Hatchies or any egg other than those taken from the Cave less than 5 hours earlier can be abandoned at any time, but killing an egg or hatchling takes up a space for 24 hours.