BookChallenge

250 Book Challenge

Its online, do you want me to link to the story, so you can see how long it is, when I post them?

Transfering it all to word would suck immensely, given how long they are.

Or, *sigh* I guess I just could not count them.

Kanaye, if it's a fanfic it doesn't count. It has to actually be a published book. If you read it from PDF it should have a page count. Hell, if fanfics were allowed I'd hit the 250 mark in about 2 weeks.

Edited by dracodoctorwhofan

I don't think she means just fanfic, also original fiction that hasn't been published. Something like the stuff on fictionpress.com maybe?

Can I join please? This may motivate me to read a bunch more than what I did last year >.<

Kanaye, if it's a fanfic it doesn't count.

It's not fanfiction. I don't read fanfiction.

His stories are completely original. He has his own website and is a gay author, which is why I'm reluctant to post the link. Don't want to get flamed for corrupting today's youth or something. *laughs*

I just highlighted and pasted 4 random chapters into word, 1=21, 2=18, 13=23 14=21. Times New Roman, font 12.

Like I said, I guess I could not count them, which would really suck since I read a lot of them.

Oh, and do audio books count? I listen while I crochet.

Very difficult questions Kanaye. We'll (dracodoctorwhofan and Freddyness) have to discuss it, however Freddy is currently on holiday and I can't contact her. I'll talk to her when I get the chance, until then I just suggest you don't count them.

I'm also not sure about the audio-books, again me and Freddy'll have to discuss it.

Oh, I am *so* in. X3 I would love to join; I love to read, and I'm competitive. This is clearly the place for me. =D

~Feathers

Very difficult questions Kanaye. We'll (dracodoctorwhofan and Freddyness) have to discuss it, however Freddy is currently on holiday and I can't contact her. I'll talk to her when I get the chance, until then I just suggest you don't count them.

I'm also not sure about the audio-books, again me and Freddy'll have to discuss it.

Ok. Thats fine. I'll wait.

I think if the audiobook was just a read-aloud version of a printed book, then you should be able to count the pages of the printed work.

As for online books, if there's a page count it should count.

I'll join this year too~

Can you add up multiple volumes of manga until you get to 500 pages and have them added as one point combined? (if that makes sense XD )

Is word count instead of page count acceptable? Most of the stuff I read this day is published fiction as ebooks (and I prefer html/very idiosyncratic formatting on word, which really [....]s with page count). A novella is about 20k+ words, a novel 60k+.

For example, the 140k words I just read comes out to about 350 pages in paperback.

Edited by kadoatie

Gah.

Edited by Kanaye

Haa, may I join as well? I just did a book dump on the old thread. Hopefully since I'm joining at the beginning, I can do much better. :3

It hasn't started yet. It starts tonight at midnight, seems we got the times a little muddled on the first post.

Ack, so many difficult questions, Eilsel, kadoatie, I'll get back to you on those questions, I'll have to try and contact Freddy to answer them.

I'm using my mums iPhone to type this. Okay I will say if it is an online unpublished true fiction then I will allow if it has 20k or more words. If you are reading these please post a link to the book in question and the number of words of the story in question. Kayne in your case if it is stories classified as yaoi please pm the link to the book challenge account. If you have any more questions just post them in here and either myself or Draco will answer them. I will be able it get on to here till Friday morning but only once a day. Thank you for you patience in are replys.

Ok. Thank you, Freddy.

And it doesnt start till tonight? Aww. Guess the book I read last night didnt count. Shucks!

Ooh, first to post.. just finished five minutes ago :'P

Book Number | 1

Word Count | ~160k

Book Title | Snow Crash (reread)

Author | Neal Stephenson

WOO HOO It has begun!! biggrin.gif

OH, I do have a question: I have a Lord of the Rings 'omnibus' which contains The Fellowship of The Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of The King. If I finish that does it count as one book, or 3 as they were all released seperately?

Edited by shelle58704

I think this time, I'll write down the books I read in my journal so I'll have it saved somewhere, instead of having to try and remember everything. I know the first book will be the fourth book in the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix, Sir Thursday. I'm loving that series, I just haven't started on the book yet. ^.^

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 367

Book Title: Sabriel

Author: Garth Nix

Edit; finished my next one too

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 150

Book Title: Mysterium i Vestindia (A Caribbean Mystery)

Author: Agatha Christie

Edited by Nimrodel

Number Of Pages: 353

Book Title: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (novelization)

Author: R. A. Salvatore

Edited by klinneah

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 165

Book Title: Stylesmysteriet (The Mysterious Affair at Styles)

Author: Agatha Christie

First book finally finished.

Number Of Pages: 355

Book Title: Kissing Sin

Author: Keri Arthur

Nimrodel, just out of interest, what language are those Agatha Christie books you are reading in?