Toki Mishidozi

Percy Jackson and The Olympians

See the fish ponies? I put them on the ceiling!

and

Now we can eat peanut butter sandwiches and ride fish ponies! We can fight monsters and see Annabeth and make things go BOOM!

Taken from PJ&O4

Edited by cookiejar33

I've read the Lost Hero smile.gif It's good, just kind of different. And there are mythological errors, I believe, but it's the same in Percy Jackson. Can't wait for the next book!

I love this series, with my whole heart and soul. Even though it'll never compare to Harry Potter, it holds a special place in my heart because I read it before HP. I greatly disliked The Red Pyramid, though, I found it very hard to follow. I guess I just prefer Greek Mythology. I just read The Lost Hero, and I love it! But I do miss Percy, and his witty narration. wink.gif

Edited by xxForGoodxx

I really liked these books. I really like Greek mythology too, and I found a few errors, but Greek mythology contradicts itself a lot of times so for all I know the "real" version was the one in the books. They weren't big errors anyway, and I forgot what they were. I thought it was cool how everything was put into modern times.

I really liked these books. I really like Greek mythology too, and I found a few errors, but Greek mythology contradicts itself a lot of times so for all I know the "real" version was the one in the books. They weren't big errors anyway, and I forgot what they were. I thought it was cool how everything was put into modern times.

Yeah, it's hard writing modern Greek mythology since there are many versions of the stories.

@cookie: I actually liked the Lost Hero. ohmy.gif It was good and filled with suspense.

True enough, always hard to write greek myth. We all know Percy is going to come back in HoO, so it'll be all good.

On the subject of the movie, do you guys think they'll ever do redo? I mean, I don't really get why they had to blow up the plot like they did still. Can't see The Sea of Monsters with all of the mistakes, unless they go back and tell Luke, Annabeth, and Thaila's story toward the beginning.

On the subject of the movie, do you guys think they'll ever do redo? I mean, I don't really get why they had to blow up the plot like they did still. Can't see The Sea of Monsters with all of the mistakes, unless they go back and tell Luke, Annabeth, and Thaila's story toward the beginning.

Don't you think that would make them look bad? :/

I liked so many elements of the movie, it pissed me off that they failed so hard on the plot. They didn't have Percy be witty enough, but overall I liked their castings, particularly Gabe and Luke. They had the affects. Why the heck couldn't they have just stuck with the PJO plot, which made sense, had less cheesiness and was infinately better.

I'd like to see them redo it sticking with Riordan's plot a bit better.

I agree with you, Pinkie, and I'd like to see that as well, but I sincerely doubt they'd redo the movie since I still think it would make them look bad.

True...sigh...Hollywood just can't do book/movie conversions as well as I'd like to see. True, LOTR and HP were pretty good, but PJO, My Sister's Keeper(Not a bad movie alone, but next to the book, meh), Eragon, and a few others had some to be desired. They just don't like sticking with the plots and the rules the writers define so clearly...

Finally read The Lost Hero about a week ago, it took forever to get it because apparently 180 people had put a hold on it before I did so it took about a month and 2 weeks for me to get a copy. xd.png

Edited by evangeline5432