Toki Mishidozi

Percy Jackson and The Olympians

BEST BOOKS I EVER READ!! Was reading them when they were still publishing & drove me crazy just waiting for them. I loved them soo but I have them right by my bed. xd.png

I haven't seen the movie & don't plan to, I heard it was bad. & i don't like how they put faces to the characters. Kinda like Twilight, whenever I re-read it I see Robert P.'s face blink.gif But anyways, really love the books, kinda sad its over though. sad.gif

I bought and read all of the books but the movie failed so horribly for me the books would be rated 4.7/5 and the movie 2.5/5

agree with the movie part of your post xd.png it was a fail.

nearly as bad as the Eragon movie...*shudder* I'm not even gonna GO there.

the books would be rated 4.7/5 and the movie 2.5/5

to me, that's generous for the movie! but just about right for the books.

Edit:and lonewolf, it may be over, but i heard rick riordan's making another series, with new demigods.

Edited by Hawktalon

Really? He's making a new series? What's it called? *eager face*

The movie was okay. I just hated the messed up plot.

IIRC, the first in the new Greek mythology series is The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero. A bit repetitive, no? XP It's gonna have some of the old demigods appearing and stuff, and it'll be available October 12.

Anyways, about Percy Jackson, it was alright, the romance was a little odd to me though for some reason. A bit childish but funny, and informative.

What does IIRC stand for?

The romance /was/ odd.

Edited by Stunningfire

The Percy Jackson books just annoyed me. I only read the first one, and the writing was good... but the humor got kind of repetitive after awhile, and the ending just made me think that it was going to be the saaame thing, all over again. Hero goes on adventure. Hero succeeds. And then everybody important was a half-god, and nobody else did anything good.

Sorry for the rant. tongue.gif They frustrate me. But I'm not saying that people shouldn't read them-- it IS good, and I love the mythology. It just annoys me, is all. They're still good books. xP

IIRC - If I Recall Correctly. :3 Anyways, the books got a little tiring after the second or third, but got all of them purely for the mythos stuff, which is also why I got The Red Pyramid (which in my opinion is a little better).

Hated the movie, just hated it. Sorry.

Edited for better word choice.

Edited by ShaydraSilversky

books were great, but the movie sucked. the graphics and the like were ok, but the story of the movie was bad. the evil kid (forgot his name) tells percy ad his crew what to do to save the planet or what ever. and gives them the map to the pearls. thats almost like making sure that they succeed while he wants to kill percy. and that ruined the whole movie. :/

Aw. Well, good luck then...hope you enjoy them ^^

As one month ago I finished the final books. Pretty good series. I wish there were more books. tongue.gif

I know, right? I was so sad when the series ended.

Rick Riordan should make a sequel series from Annabeth's point of view.

I know, right? I was so sad when the series ended.

Rick Riordan should make a sequel series from Annabeth's point of view.

i never thought of that, but that would be awesome!

I liked the series' conceit, and the nature of the series overall, but personally Riordan's style left me a tad cold when I first read it. Couple of years ago, I participated in a game based on the series, and frankly it was waaaay better than the books.

Well, I'd like to see a "Sea of Monsters" movie, but I don't see how they could do it when they messed up the plot so much. dry.gif

Well, I agree. The movie plot made no sense whatsoever, although it was a good movie. The books were great! smile.gif

I just found out that there's a sequel series, starting with The Lost Hero or something. Anybody read it? I want it SO BAD D:

I liked the series, even though they messed up the movie.

I mean, how can you have a Sea of Monsters movie when they haven't even introduced Clarisse?!?!?! And they totally messed some stuff up.

My friend has a pen with Riptide on the side. But it was a pencil, not a pen, and there's no cap... T_T

EDIT: There's a rumor going around my school that there's a sixth book!!!!! But I dunno if that's true. My librarian told me that.

Oh:

And the first book of the second series has come out!!! All my friends have it but me... D= But at least someone's lending it to me in 2 or 3 weeks.

Edited by Emeraude

Yeah. The plot was kinda cliched. Y'know, the hero(es) have to travel all the way to (location), and fight off this massive evil thing. tongue.gif

I wanna write a book that puts the enemy into a good light and confuses your brain. Hehehe... *evil laugh*