Toki Mishidozi

Percy Jackson and The Olympians

I read all 5 books in less than a week. They were good, and so was the movie. Although, they changed WAY too much from the book when making the movie sad.gif But it was a good movie, nonetheless.

What's your opinion?

(PS. Pleas respect other's opinions. If you dissagree, say it in a nice way, and don't insult anybody. PLEASE)

They passed time, but they weren't all that memorable. I don't have any more than a brief plot sketch and a few moments left in my head after reading one and a half novels.

I read these a bit ago, and was thoroughly in love with them, but then more recently I read the Camp Half Blood book thing and I couldn't get past the first short story because the narrative really bugged me.

I read these a bit ago, and was thoroughly in love with them, but then more recently I read the Camp Half Blood book thing and I couldn't get past the first short story because the narrative really bugged me.

I have that. I only read up to the story about Hade's sword. The first 2 stories were pretty good and the interviews with the campers were okay. I just got bored in Hade's story.

I loved the first book...then got lazy and didn't read the rest of the series.

Funniest part is that I once found a pen that said "Riptide" on the side. Unfortunately, it didn't turn into a sword. ):

Funniest part is that I once found a pen that said "Riptide" on the side. Unfortunately, it didn't turn into a sword. ):

Well that sucks D:

I loved the books. Read them all as they came out. I've been obsessed with mythology since I was a little kid.

I also liked mythology as a little kid, and I read these once I knew they were out. By then, I only had to wait for book 5. xd.png

I love mythology.

Percy Jackson wasn't the best series on the shelf, I could find a number of books that beat the series, but I have to admit this is pretty good. Out of all of Riordan's books (there aren't that many other than them, I know) the Percy Jackson series are the best. (not including the olympian files cuz i havent read that) The Red Pyramid was terrible.

I know this thread isn't about the Red Pyramid but I'd thought I'd just say that.

I've read all the books and saw the movie. I love this series, but for some reason, they're just not my favorite.

For some reason I really like these books. There are a few problems with the mythology and some of the names, but the books are great and lots of fun. I just love Tyson. I actually just reread the series for the second time just last week.

I absolutely loved the book series. They were a highly original take on Greek mythology that actually helped me in English class. I'm terrified about seeing the movie, though. I haven't heard one good thing about it.

I absolutely loved the book series. They were a highly original take on Greek mythology that actually helped me in English class. I'm terrified about seeing the movie, though. I haven't heard one good thing about it.

It was good, just a totally different plot

So this isn't spam, my favorite characters are Nico and Tyson

I don't really like Nico, but I like Tyson ^^ Annabeth would have to be my favorite character. And yes, you should see the movie....even though it IS different dry.gif

I finished reading the first one two weeks ago, waiting for the library to get the other books in.

I am still waiting to see the movie.

@Vang: blink.gif Your library hasn't had all the other books yet? Mine has had all of them for a while.

I just finished reading all five, seen the movie. Is it a bad thing that I like the books and the movie? I thought the movie was great even though they left out Kronos.

Well, I'd like to see a "Sea of Monsters" movie, but I don't see how they could do it when they messed up the plot so much. dry.gif

That took me a while to understand your post.

The movie wasn't THAT bad, really. It just wasn't the same plot as the book.

The books are great, read them a few times. I havent seen the movie and dont really plan too, one thing that annoys me about his writing style, mainly in The Red Pyramid, is that he doesnt really go into that much detail about how things work in the crazy magical universe, he just like It works because I said so.

@Monkey: I think there's quite a bit of evidence in all his books. I saw the movie; it's kind off from the book, but I think they got it close enough compared to a few other moves based on books. >.>

I agree, Pine.

I haven't read the Red Pyramid yet, though I plan to. If it's half as good as Percy Jackson, then I'm reading it. wink.gif