Toki Mishidozi

Percy Jackson and The Olympians

I'm a Greek mythology nerd, and everyone I'd talked to said the books were pretty good. So I decided to try them.

I didn't get very far, and my view of them was completely curdled after mid-way through the first book, where the author, after being acceptable accurate, made an unforgivable mistake. The battle with the Chimera, my favorite monster. There were a few smallish things (the goat head was missing, for example), but there was one error I could never overlook, and it's that throughout the entire fight, everyone, even Echidna, refers to the Chimera as male.

She's not male. She's female. Wikipedia could have told you that (and several things besides).

I've hated those books ever since.

I see.

I am a Greek Mythology nerd too (I play as the myth expert during Certamen games in Latin conventions xd.png) but I thought the series was bearable. At least they used greek names instead of Roman names. the Roman names...well, irritate me.

Me three.

Yeah, my friends all have the Lost Hero too. dry.gif Apparently Jason is-wait, spoiler.

omg.. Rick Riordan is amazing in writing these books. i loved these books!. i have them all. and read them all up till the last olympian.. i haven't had time to read that one yet. but then i went to the store and i seen the author is making another series based off the same ideas or something. so i bought the first book in that series.. "The Red Pyramid".. i hope it is good. it looks good. and i hear he is making another series with the first book called "the lost hero"

im so excited!!. lol

Yup, there's a sequel series. All my friends got the Lost Hero and are going crazy over it. I kinda got over Percy a long time ago. X3

The books are ok. A few noticeable errors and things the author could have done better, but good overall.

What are the "noticeable errors"? I didn't notice any, but I guess I read it a long time ago and now I'm more aware of those type of things.

There's some really mythically inaccurate things...like the fact that Charon ferries you over the styx?

Wrong. It's the Acheron.

Ah. Right.

Random statement: Isn't it strange that the daughter of Zeus is afraid of heights? X3

That is rather strange, but it's covered up in the lost hero when it explains how she didn't discover that children of zeus could fly before Jason did it. either that or its another special Jason ability. but this is the lost hero, not PJ&O, so back on topic.

I suppose. /shrug.

>_< i still can't get over the part that no one important died except for Silena in the battle for olympus...

IKR? It's a fierce battle, geez.

Her death was sad though. :< And that was a good plot twist. /runs to Plot Twists topic

lol xd.png yup. One of the better ones that Riordan had. her being the spy but coming to a heroic end...

before that happened, I kind of suspected Clarisse's boyfriend, Chris.

I lieked the Titan's Curse, Battle for the Labyrinth (or was it OF the labyrinth?) and The Last Olympian.

Purrhaps the last Olympian more than others. ^^

Meh, Idk, I just didn't like that one as much .

But that's just me.

I guess I like it when things are figured out and the action picks up more, rather than when the characters are still finding things out.

Well, I'm bad with suspense too...but I don't wanna spoil the surprise and flip to the end of the books.

ALRIGHT, fine, i'll ADMIT IT, I sometimes skip dry chapters :/

It's good that Percy Jackson doesn't have too many dry chapters. I like how they're constantly doing something interesting or funny.